Trip Report I'm headed back to Disneyland! Solo & San Diego this time too! (February 5-9, 2023 DLR/San Diego TR!)

1658796163395.png

Alrighty folks, starting another Pre-Trip Report....
This time it's for my return to Disneyland after only 8 years!!!!!!

Originally, I had intended to do this last year in November, but my parents and the situation in California prevented me from doing so, and I ended up going up to Atlanta, GA for a fun 4-day, 3-night adventure from November 14th through the 17th. It was a nice thing to do, the weather was nice, it was okay and all, but there wasn't a lot to do per say. So now it's been there done that for me.

Now this time, I'm going to try again!

This will be my second time in Disneyland, and was going to be my first time doing Viva Navidad at DCA (Three Caballeros Fan here ;)) and I was so excited too! For that regards I am a current WDW AP and have seen both Panchito and Jose (the former being my top favorite Disney Character, alongside Scrooge McDuck, Judy Hopps, and Chip'n'Dale) in Discovery Island Carnivale and Move It Shake It Mousekedance It!

However, I've since decided to go up to Savannah, GA and down to West Palm Beach and Ft Lauderdale instead during 11/13-11/17. But in the bright side of things, this is going to be my VERY FIRST TIME doing the Lunar New Year's Celebrations at DCA and may be my first time meeting Mushu and Mulan!

The Itinerary is as follows...

Sunday February 5 - Travel/Downtown Disney
Flying from MCO to SAN (with a connection at PHX) on American Airlines, departing 7:08am, eta in SAN at 11:26am.
MTS 992 to Santa Fe Depot before taking Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner up to Anaheim
Check-In and Downtown Disney in the evening

Monday February 6 - 1st Park Day (Disneyland AM/DCA PM)
Likely going to see World of Color and may end up meeting Mushu and Mulan that day
Main Focus for DL is Frontierland, Adventureland, and (1/2 of ) Fantasyland, DCA it'll be Pixar/Paradise Pier, Cars Land, & Paradise Gardens Park

Tuesday February 7 - 2nd Park Day (DCA AM/Disneyland PM - Disneyland After Dark Sweethearts Nite)
Main focus for DCA will be MOST LIKELY Avengers Campus, Grizzly Park Airfield, and Hollywood Blvd, and DL it'll be the remaining 1/2 of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland (and possibly Runaway Railway). This will also be when I do Disneyland After Dark, so I'm excited about this!

Wednesday February 8 - Checkout of DLH, then back to San Diego
I'll check out of the hotel and around 11:30ish catch an ART Bus to the Anaheim Train Station and catch an Amtrak train back to San Diego before heading to the Hampton Inn at the San Diego Airport via Uber to check-in there, and catch the MTS and check out what Downtown San Diego and the pier has to offer.

Thursday February 9 - Travel Home
Early in the morning, I'll catch an airport shuttle from the hotel to San Diego Airport, and then fly out back to MCO (with a connection in DFW) on American Airlines.

I'm hoping the air travel chaos subdues somewhat by then and that American doesn't screw up (fortunately, back in August 2021 I flew them MCO-CLT-BWI, and the flight to BWI from CLT got cancelled, so I did standby on another flight for free, and I made it to BWI, basically making AA a saving grace to me. I rebooked my return travel the next day and the agent on the phone kindly put me on an earlier flight from BWI to CLT and in turn to MCO.)

Hotel: Renaissance Orlando Airport (2/4-2/5), Disneyland Hotel (2/5-2/8), Hampton Inn San Diego Airport (2/8-2/9)
Tickets: 2-Day w/ Park Hopper & Genie+
Dates: February 5-9, 2022

Last edited:

erstwo

Following along! Everything should be calmer by November (I hope?!). I hear San Diego is a zoo in and of itself right now. Glad you already have your hotel booked before your return flight!

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Following along! Everything should be calmer by November (I hope?!). I hear San Diego is a zoo in and of itself right now. Glad you already have your hotel booked before your return flight!
Nothing's booked yet! Will be booking stuff soon!

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
UPDATE: My parents and I came to the consensus that I may not be able to afford going to DLR in November and are considering February or March 2023 instead.
I am figuring out something for that week (maybe a staycation or something here in the Southeast IDK).

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Seems like February is the likely contender for Disneyland, and possibly the week BEFORE President's Day.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Everything’s all set in stone (and BOOKED!!!!!!!)
One of the notable differences I’m seeing for DLR is that you cannot book Park Pass reservations until a certain time, because from what I can see, I can’t do mine until October 3.
Full itinerary forthcoming!!!!!!
Lets Go GIF by Billboard Music Awards

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Full itinerary forthcoming!!!!!!
And now follows below!
Flying from MCO to SAN (with a connection at PHX) on American Airlines, departing 7:20am, eta in SAN at 11:02am.
Uber or Lyft to Santa Fe Depot before taking Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner up to Anaheim

Monday February 6 - 1st Park Day (Disneyland AM/DCA PM)
Likely going to see World of Color and may end up meeting Mushu and Mulan that day
Main Focus for DL is Frontierland, Adventureland, and (1/2 of ) Fantasyland, DCA it'll be Pixar/Paradise Pier, Cars Land, & Paradise Gardens Park

Tuesday February 7 - 2nd Park Day (DCA AM/Disneyland PM)
Likely seeing Disneyland's Magic Happens Parade, and their fireworks show, along with Fantasmic
Main focus for DCA will be MOST LIKELY Avengers Campus, Grizzly Park Airfield, and Hollywood Blvd, and DL it'll be the remaining 1/2 of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland

Wednesday February 8 - Checkout of DLH, then back to San Diego
I'll check out of the hotel and around 11:30ish catch an ART Bus to the Anaheim Train Station and catch an Amtrak train back to San Diego before heading to the Hampton Inn at the San Diego Airport via Uber to check-in there, and catch the MTS and check out what Downtown San Diego and the pier has to offer.

Thursday February 9 - Travel Home
Early in the morning, I'll catch an airport shuttle from the hotel to San Diego Airport, and then fly out back to MCO (with a connection in DFW) on American Airlines.

Hotel: Disneyland Hotel (2/5-2/8), Hampton Inn San Diego Airport (2/8-2/9)
Tickets: 2-Day w/ Park Hopper & Genie+
Dates: February 5-9, 2022

I've gone down to a 2-day ticket as opposed to a 3-day one, still with Park Hopper & Genie+ as you all can see. Also staying at the Hampton Inn as opposed to the Hilton.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Park Reservation Day - TOMORROW!
And I have a secondary gameplan in mind if Disneyland After Dark is a thing:
That Monday would be DCA AM/DLR PM, and then rotate the order on Tuesday.
The only exception would be if I got my hands on a Disneyland After Dark ticket for Tuesday.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Park Reservation Day - TOMORROW!
And I have a secondary gameplan in mind if Disneyland After Dark is a thing:
That Monday would be DCA AM/DLR PM, and then rotate the order on Tuesday.
The only exception would be if I got my hands on a Disneyland After Dark ticket for Tuesday.
And....
Seems they've paused reservations and will reopen them in the coming weeks.
This explains it: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...tion-at-disneyland-resort-begins-jan-27-2023/

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Good news!!!!!!
6bt9x7.jpg

PARK RESERVATIONS! THAT IS!!!!
Disneyland on the 6th and DCA on the 7th!!!

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 12.16.09 AM.png

That's one less hassle before February comes!

The next big thing will be dining reservations and whether WOC1 and F! will be performed during my trip or not.

And one more thing I might add, I'll be at the Renaissance Orlando Airport the night before I fly out to San Diego too!

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Well American decided to change my flights around for some odd reason...
And here's what my itinerary for that Sunday looks like now:
Flying from MCO to SAN (with a connection at PHX) on American Airlines, departing 7:12am, eta in SAN at 11:25am.
Uber or Lyft to Santa Fe Depot before taking Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner up to Anaheim
Hopefully AA doesn't screw up again like they did last time!

amjt660

Premium Member
Looking forward to this trip for you - curious why you are going to fly into SD instead of John Wayne or Ontario or even LAX?

Max

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
In a few weeks or so, dining reservations will open up for me!!!!
Hoping to snag a WOC or Fantasmic dining package!

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Last edited:

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Ok I've devised a game plan for Monday and Tuesday under THREE PLANS - Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C. Plan A will be primary, mostly if Disneyland doesn't do Disneyland After Dark this year, Plan B will be for if they DO do Disneyland After Dark but I do not end up going, and Plan C (for Tuesday Only) will be for if I do go to Disneyland After Dark.

Day 2 - Monday February 6, 2023 - Plan A & C
  • Disneyland Park AM
    • Main Focus - Frontierland, Adventureland, New Orleans Square, Critter Country, 1/2 of Fantasyland
      • Early Entry
        • Monorail into Park?
        • Pinnochio’s Daring Journey
        • Snow White’s Enchanted Wish
      • RD - Splash Mountain
      • Big Thunder Mountain (G+ LL)
      • Haunted Mansion
      • Jungle Cruise
      • Indiana Jones Adventure (G+ LL)
      • POTC
      • Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
      • Lunch - Golden Horseshoe
  • Disney California Adventure PM
    • Main Focus - Cars Land, Pixar Pier, Paradise Gardens; if applicable meet Mulan and Mushu!!!!
      • Luigi’s Rockin’ Roadsters
      • Radiator Springs Racers (ILL)
      • Incredicoaster (Single Rider)
      • Pixar Pal-A-Round
      • Goofy’s Sky School (G+ LL)
      • Mulan’s Lunar New Year’s Processional (4:45pm Show)
      • Golden Zephyr
      • Dinner - Wine Country Trattoria (WOC Package)
    • World of Color

Day 2 - Monday February 6, 2023 - Plan B
  • Disney California Adventure AM
    • Main Focus - Cars Land, Pixar Pier, Paradise Gardens; if applicable meet Mulan and Mushu!!!!
      • Early Entry
        • Radiator Springs Racers (ILL)
        • Incredicoaster (Single Rider)
      • Pixar Pal-A-Round
      • Goofy’s Sky School (G+ LL)
      • Golden Zephyr
      • Lunch - TBD
  • Disneyland Park PM
    • Main Focus - Frontierland, Adventureland, New Orleans Square, Critter Country, 1/2 of Fantasyland
      • Splash Mountain (G+ LL or Single Rider)
      • Big Thunder Mountain (G+ LL)
      • Haunted Mansion
      • Jungle Cruise
      • Indiana Jones Adventure (G+ LL)
      • POTC
      • Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
      • Pinnochio’s Daring Journey
      • Snow White’s Enchanted Wish
      • Dinner - TBD
    • It’s Wondrous OR Fantasmic!

Day 3 - Tuesday February 7, 2023 - Plan A
    • Main Focus - Avenger’s Campus, Grizzly Peak, Hollywood Land, Meet Nick & Judy if there’s time
      • Early Entry
        • Web Slingers
        • Mission Breakout
      • Soarin’ (G+ LL)
      • Grizzly River Rapids
      • Monsters Inc Mike & Sulley to the Rescue
      • Lunch - Pym Test Kitchen or something Pacific Wharf
  • Disneyland Park PM
    • Main Focus - Remaining 1/2 of Fantasyland, Runaway Railway, Tomorrowland
      • Mr Toad’s Wild Ride
      • Peter Pan’s Flight
      • Alice in Wonderland
      • Storybook Land Canal Boats
      • Matterhorn (Single Riders or G+LL)
      • Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
      • Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
      • It’s A Small World (At Discretion Only)
      • Space Mountain (G+LL)
      • Autopia (at Discretion Only)
      • Dinner - TBD (May depend if F! Is being shown)
    • It’s Wondrous or Fantasmic!

Day 3 - Tuesday February 7, 2023 - Plan B
  • Disneyland Park AM
      • Early Entry
        • Mr Toad’s Wild Ride
        • Peter Pan’s Flight
      • (RD) Alice in Wonderland
      • Space Mountain (G+LL)
      • Lunch - TBD
  • Disney California Adventure PM
    • Main Focus - Avenger’s Campus, Grizzly Peak, Hollywood Land, Meet Nick & Judy if there’s time
      • Web Slingers (Single Riders)
      • Mission Breakout (G+ LL)
      • Soarin’ (G+ LL)
      • Grizzly River Rapids
      • Dinner - Wine Country Trattoria (WOC Package)
    • World of Color

Day 3 - Tuesday February 7, 2023 - Plan C (ONLY IF DL is doing DLAD)
      • Early Entry
        • Web Slingers
        • Mission Breakout
      • Soarin’ (G+ LL)
      • Grizzly River Rapids
      • Lunch - Pym Test Kitchen or something Pacific Wharf
  • Disneyland Park PM/Disneyland After Dark
      • Mr Toad’s Wild Ride
      • Peter Pan’s Flight
      • Alice in Wonderland
      • Space Mountain (G+LL)
      • Dinner - TBD

Thoughts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom