Reservation expansion

dreday3

I caution anyone from jumping to conclusions here. Disney is looking to add flexibility, not hinder it. Just wait for the actual change and you’ll see it’s nothing to go crazy about.

I like my idea. You make your second reservation when you tap into your first park, to arrive any anytime of the day.

Let's go with it. :)

MaximumEd

So you're saying it's an issue now, with park reservations. Because pre-covid, it was not an issue or a loophole.
It was starting to become an issue pre-Covid when they decided to quit staffing the parks adequately. I remember there being a lot of stories from January 2018 or 2019, can’t remember for sure, about a lot of frustrated guests. It’s just worse now with the extreme penny pinching and labor issues.

Disney Glimpses

The bigger issue to me is Disney still doesn’t know how to run their parks
In roughly 6 months time, everyone here is going to be pleasantly surprised (elated even), at the changes coming.

It’s tough to dissect what new things are permanent or temporary (due to staffing) but I can assure you we are no where near the permanent phase yet.

So while I agree, much of this stuff is temporary to address labor shortages.

Dr.GrantSeeker

In roughly 6 months time, everyone here is going to be pleasantly surprised (elated even), at the changes coming.

It’s tough to dissect what new things are permanent or temporary (due to staffing) but I can assure you we are no where near the permanent phase yet.

Are we going to like the permanent phase?

Joel

1656420633462.png

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The resort a few miles down I-4 is already having a field day making sure visitors know how much easier and relaxed it is to book a vacation there instead of Disney. This would just be the tip of the iceberg.
Disney has surveyed and focus grouped every move they have made. They know that based on current levels of demand, they can get away with anything they want. As such they can without consequence implement the complete monetization of most aspects of the guest's experience.

Look, as much as we want to believe that most people are going to see what Disney is doing and say "nuts to that", they're not. For the past decade there have been countless amounts of negative press about Disney Parks and pricing, accessibility, etc. Yet still park attendance continued to increase. Yes they are loosing people, and travel people in the know will tell you that guest retention at WDW has become a big thing, but they are still gaining more than they are loosing.

Is this sustainable? Putting aside the Covid years, in the past decade they really haven't experienced an organic economic collapse like we're heading for. Now they've clearly positioned themselves to go after the higher end demographic that is less affected by economic hardships to insulate themselves from what's about to happen, but still I don't think they're positioned to pivot completely. They still need the commoners and Florida residents to come to their parks to provide stability. But they've already pushed many of these people away.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I caution anyone from jumping to conclusions here. Disney is looking to add flexibility, not hinder it. Just wait for the actual change and you’ll see it’s nothing to go crazy about.
Disney and "flexibility" are oxymorons in 2022. No change they're going to make is for the benefit of guests in this day and age. We're supposed to believe you over the owner or the forum? Nah.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

I hope so but I’ll believe it when I see it

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst based on history

bhg469

The parks are staying open later again without an after hours ticket event?

Disney Glimpses

It’s beyond that stage now. They like the control and flexibility reservations data offers them in advance. The silver lining for some is the potential to hop before 2pm.
Sure, but they don’t like the upwards of 20,000 guests that attempt to scan in daily without a reservation.

The information here regarding all of this (as well their commitment to park pass), and in regards to pearl, is wildly inaccurate.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
So a new level ticket/pass that allows you park hop at will. While standard park hoppers allow you to do it at 2PM?

Want to have more flexibility in your plans it will cost you even more.

I can just see the marketing spin for it now.
They are seriously going to need travel agents for travel agents to figure out how to plan a Disney vacation. It’s getting insane and they don’t seem to care about the gue$t$

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom