What was planned.....

WHO:
IMG_1741.JPEG

WHEN:
Friday, April 1st - Monday, April 4th

WHERE:
SSR 1 BR Villa
IMG_4415.JPEG

Remember us wishing that our return flight was cancelled on the previous trip b/c of the snowstorm??

IMG_4548.PNG

IMG_4549.PNG

Thanks to the above some slight changes had to be made.....

WHEN:
Friday, April 1st - Wednesday, April 6th

WHERE:
April 1st - April 4th
SSR 1 BR Villa in Congress Park
IMG_4530.JPEG

IMG_4531.JPEG

April 4th - 5th
SSR 2 BR Villa in The Grandstand
IMG_4813.JPEG

IMG_4814.JPEG

April 5th - 6th
SSR 1 BR Villa in The Paddock
IMG_4912.JPEG

IMG_4911.JPEG

And let me start out by saying that as awesome as it was to have a few extra Disney days it definitely comes with a price!! Financially & mentally!!
There is a lot of stress involved when you first realize that you're pretty much stranded & trying to figure out what you're going to do about it!! Not to mention the switching of the rooms over & over!!

But, I don't want to get ahead of myself. All that drama will come in due time!!

Welcome everyone!! Thanks to all who will be joining in on this crazy adventure!!

joshsprincess921

SATURDAY, APRIL 2ND

E & I split a bottle of wine.
View attachment 648041

The restaurant had a very modern vibe to it which I liked.
View attachment 648042

The rolls were SO good!!
View attachment 648043

View attachment 648044

The shrimp cocktail was excellent!!
View attachment 648045

View attachment 648046

All 3 of us ordered filets. We also got sides of brussels sprouts & the yukon gold mashed potatoes to share.
View attachment 648047

You got to choose a steak sauce. I can't remember which ones we had but they were all very good!!
View attachment 648048

View attachment 648049

We were highly impressed with this restaurant & I can't wait to go back there again!!
View attachment 648050
I've always wanted to know how this place was. I've never really heard much about it other than people say that it's loud, but we are always looking for a good steak.

riverside

Original Poster
PhotoPass photographers are now stationed in all resorts, which I think is kind of fun. More “bang for your buck” I suppose.
I agree!! It's nice to have pics from "non traditional" places!!
More "bang for your buck"--that doesn't happen too often there anymore!!
I've always wanted to know how this place was. I've never really heard much about it other than people say that it's loud, but we are always looking for a good steak.
It was a bit noisy which I normally don't care for but it was an awesome atmosphere & the food was great!! I would highly recommend it!!

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, APRIL 2ND

We did our traditional walk through Fulton's. I was excited to see some new POR merchandise. I would have bought this but I just couldn't get past the sleeves. Totally not me.
IMG_4673.JPEG

I've always thought that POR had one of the best gift shops on property but since they've reopened I feel totally different.
IMG_4674.JPEG

They have a lot less merchandise in there, unfortunately.
IMG_4675.JPEG

So good to be back!!
IMG_4676.JPEG

Surprise, surprise!! Look where we ended up!!
IMG_4677.JPEG

After a few minutes in the arcade I decided to walk around the grounds since I knew this would be my only chance during this trip. At some point during the day I had purchased ponchos for us so I donned it and out I went!!
IMG_4678.JPEG

IMG_4679.JPEG

IMG_4680.JPEG

I swung by Muddy Rivers. It's hard to tell but I was drenched!
IMG_4682.JPEG

Always excited to pay this place a visit!!
IMG_4684.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, APRIL 2ND

I finally headed back to the arcade & J was still playing games. Although, he looks like he's taking a break at that moment!!
IMG_4685.JPEG

E definitely was!!
On a side note, anyone ever go in one of those chairs? They are absolutely brutal IMO. I don't like them in the least-I feel like I'm getting beat up!!
IMG_4686.JPEG

J wanted a snack so we stopped by The Riverside Mill. This CM is the sweetest. He has been there for as long as I can remember. He's always calling everyone "prince" or "princess". Even if his line is longer than others I always stand in his. He's just that nice & I love interacting with him!!
IMG_4687.JPEG

Of course, our main purpose for paying POR a visit!!
IMG_4688.JPEG

IMG_4691.JPEG

It seems like they were allowing Bob's show to be a bit more interactive since its return. The kids were allowed to dance around the room!! And there's J joining in!!
IMG_4693.JPEG

The nice thing about staying at SSR is that we were only a boat ride away!! Thank goodness the weather was at a manageable level so that they were running again.
IMG_4696.JPEG

IMG_4697.JPEG

Mother & son were both a little chilly.
IMG_4698.JPEG

Back to Saratoga!!
IMG_4699.JPEG

cgersic

Seeing your pictures of Muddy Rivers and the store, I just have to share my pixie dust story from my latest trip, because I was thinking of you the whole time it was happening! My trip was with my niece, nephew, great niece and best friend from high school. They were all going to be heading home on Sunday and I really wanted to finish that day out in Animal Kingdom, so at the last minute I added on another night. We were staying at All Stars and when I decided to do this, the cheerleaders had taken all the rooms, so my only option that I could afford was Riverside. I'm normally a French Quarter girl, but since I had never stayed at Riverside, I booked it. I had seen on here that you can call Riverside directly with room requests, so I did. I let the CM know it was my first time staying and I knew I wanted to stay in Parterre Place due to location and the fountain, so my only request was that building. When I drove over from All Stars, I still hadn't gotten my room ready text, so the gentleman at the gate told me the building number and I knew I had gotten my request. What I was NOT expecting upon opening my door, was that I had been pixie dusted with a Princess Room!!! I cried, I took pictures, I turned off the lights and made the fireworks explode, I took more pictures, I cried more, and the whole time I was thinking of you. I was waiting for the right time in your report, and seeing the CM at the cash register you talked about, I knew this was it. Because when I got coffee the next morning, he was my guy and gave me the "good morning Princess" that I hadn't heard yet in my trip. I spent the whole next day at the resort before heading back home around 4. I swam, had a drink and lunch and completely enjoyed myself at the pool. I'm a believer now that Riverside is all that you have told us it is!

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

Patti, I finally got caught up, as you can probably see with all the "likes" and "loves", LOL!
I especially appreciated the tour of POR,even in the rain it was beautiful and looked like "home" to me too.
The store at POR has always been my favorite. It seemed to carry a lot of merchandise and was so much fun to browse around there. I am saddened to hear it is not the same. Why did they have to ruin a perfectly good thing????
Happy belated Birthday to J. Can't wait for more TR.

lindawdw

I got all caught up with your last few updates!!! You certainly had a fun day at MK and resort hopping. I told Pete that our next trip we must finally go for a drink at the Tambu Lounge after seeing your drink photos. I must look out for the PP at the GF during our next stay. We've never eaten at STK but will have to add that to the list of must try restaurants. Glad you got to see Yee-Haw Bob once again and soak in the ambiance of Port Orleans Riverside. 🥰

Songbird76

Disney foodblog says the food is usually decent, but it's really LOUD and you can get better steak at the Yachtsman or Le Cellier, I think? She said if you like the club scene, it's great, but it is really expensive for what you get, and it's not the best place for families with small children....I want to say that kids aren't allowed after a certain time because it becomes like a bar? Or maybe it's just that it's really loud and expensive and not a place where kids will necessarily have fun...no theming, no characters, it's more upscale and less kid-friendly. So, sounds like maybe worth a try, as long as you have realistic expectations for your group. If someone in your group isn't a steak eater, or is sensitive to a lot of noise, it may not be for you. I love a good steak, so I've thought about it for our next trip, but I really don't do well with the club scene and a lot of noise. AJ did mention if you aren't a fan of the noise, there's a terrace upstairs that is more quiet.

riverside

Original Poster
Seeing your pictures of Muddy Rivers and the store, I just have to share my pixie dust story from my latest trip, because I was thinking of you the whole time it was happening! My trip was with my niece, nephew, great niece and best friend from high school. They were all going to be heading home on Sunday and I really wanted to finish that day out in Animal Kingdom, so at the last minute I added on another night. We were staying at All Stars and when I decided to do this, the cheerleaders had taken all the rooms, so my only option that I could afford was Riverside. I'm normally a French Quarter girl, but since I had never stayed at Riverside, I booked it. I had seen on here that you can call Riverside directly with room requests, so I did. I let the CM know it was my first time staying and I knew I wanted to stay in Parterre Place due to location and the fountain, so my only request was that building. When I drove over from All Stars, I still hadn't gotten my room ready text, so the gentleman at the gate told me the building number and I knew I had gotten my request. What I was NOT expecting upon opening my door, was that I had been pixie dusted with a Princess Room!!! I cried, I took pictures, I turned off the lights and made the fireworks explode, I took more pictures, I cried more, and the whole time I was thinking of you. I was waiting for the right time in your report, and seeing the CM at the cash register you talked about, I knew this was it. Because when I got coffee the next morning, he was my guy and gave me the "good morning Princess" that I hadn't heard yet in my trip. I spent the whole next day at the resort before heading back home around 4. I swam, had a drink and lunch and completely enjoyed myself at the pool. I'm a believer now that Riverside is all that you have told us it is!
This is such an awesome story!! Thank you so much for sharing it!! And thanks for thinking of me!! I feel special!!
Isn't he the sweetest!! I love seeing & interacting with him!!
I'm so happy that you loved Riverside!! It is an awesome resort & they have the best CM's there!! 💖 💖 💖
Muddy Rivers-Lee & Ken
River Roost-Bob(of course!), John & Patrick
Riverside Mill-our Princess/Prince friend!!(I will find out his name next time!!)
I'm so happy for you that you got that room!! I absolutely love those fireworks!!
Thank you so much for sharing this--this made me so happy!!😘
Patti, I finally got caught up, as you can probably see with all the "likes" and "loves", LOL!
I especially appreciated the tour of POR,even in the rain it was beautiful and looked like "home" to me too.
The store at POR has always been my favorite. It seemed to carry a lot of merchandise and was so much fun to browse around there. I am saddened to hear it is not the same. Why did they have to ruin a perfectly good thing????
Happy belated Birthday to J. Can't wait for more TR.
Yes--it will always be home!! The weather doesn't matter!!
I totally agree with you about the store. It has been that way since they reopened & it's very disappointing now. Unfortunately, I think that's the way it's going to be b/c it has been like that since they reopened. Don't they get it--the more they have the more I'll buy??
Thanks so much!! Again, the "reason" for this trip was his birthday. He really got a present when he found out we were getting an extra 3 days!!
I got all caught up with your last few updates!!! You certainly had a fun day at MK and resort hopping. I told Pete that our next trip we must finally go for a drink at the Tambu Lounge after seeing your drink photos. I must look out for the PP at the GF during our next stay. We've never eaten at STK but will have to add that to the list of must try restaurants. Glad you got to see Yee-Haw Bob once again and soak in the ambiance of Port Orleans Riverside. 🥰
The Tambu Lounge is awesome & at this point pretty much is a "must do" for us!! Try it--you'll like it!!(Do you remember that slogan??)
STK was absolutely amazing!! We have a few steakhouses around here that we really like(Ruth's Chris & Napa Prime) which are excellent but I would honestly rank STK above those!!
I was so happy to be at POR!! My home away from home!!🥰
Disney foodblog says the food is usually decent, but it's really LOUD and you can get better steak at the Yachtsman or Le Cellier, I think? She said if you like the club scene, it's great, but it is really expensive for what you get, and it's not the best place for families with small children....I want to say that kids aren't allowed after a certain time because it becomes like a bar? Or maybe it's just that it's really loud and expensive and not a place where kids will necessarily have fun...no theming, no characters, it's more upscale and less kid-friendly. So, sounds like maybe worth a try, as long as you have realistic expectations for your group. If someone in your group isn't a steak eater, or is sensitive to a lot of noise, it may not be for you. I love a good steak, so I've thought about it for our next trip, but I really don't do well with the club scene and a lot of noise. AJ did mention if you aren't a fan of the noise, there's a terrace upstairs that is more quiet.
Yes, it is loud but it has a really neat ambiance to it. We paid no more than what I would pay at Ruth's Chris & again, we thought it was excellent!! J loved it there & our waiter was so amazing!!
I wouldn't consider it a club scene but it definitely wasn't quiet. Our reservation was for somewhere around 5 so maybe we were there before it gets loud but it's not like they have a dance floor or anything in there. Actually, we had a reservation & were seated in the bar area at a table & we all enjoyed it!!
IMO Le Cellier has always had a great steak. The first time I ate at Yachtsman I was impressed but after the 2nd time I'm not in a hurry to go back!! I would go to STK in a heartbeat!!
Thanks so much for your input!! I love to hear everyone's experiences & get their feelings on things!!

fractal

SATURDAY, APRIL 2ND

Now, this seriously was a highlight of the trip. J brought his money with him in its trusty Ziploc baggie. He was bound & determined that he was going to buy something with his $12.73 that he had!! Off to the store we went!!
View attachment 647924

He naturally went right to the pins(thanks again, @MickeyCB 🤣) but didn't understand why there weren't prices on them. I had to explain the color coding system to him.
View attachment 647925

He really liked this one.....
View attachment 647926

But it wasn't in his budget!!
View attachment 647927

This one was more in his price range...
View attachment 647928

But in the end he decided it was(& I'm quoting him) "a rip off"!! Funny how a kid gets it when they're spending their own $$!!
View attachment 647929

He decided he would be happy with this & was excited b/c he would still have money left over!!
View attachment 647930

View attachment 647931

Time to pay!!
View attachment 647932

Aunt Patti's AP saved him a few shillings so he was excited about that. He was also awesome about counting the money out to the CM to pay for his purchase!!
View attachment 647933

I see a future for J in Finance!

One of these days I'll get to see Yeehaa Bob.

cgersic

SUNDAY, APRIL 3RD

Our last(or so we thought) park day was at HS!!
View attachment 648875

Lines looked crazy but it actually moved pretty fast.
View attachment 648876

View attachment 648877

In no time at all we were in!!
View attachment 648878

Something we have never done & there was no wait so we decided to check it out!!
View attachment 648880

View attachment 648881

View attachment 648882

Then J & I headed to Star Tours.
View attachment 648883

That face....
View attachment 648884
And the girl behind him! :joyfull:

riverside

Original Poster
SUNDAY, APRIL 3RD

Up next J & I went to pay Steven Tyler & the gang a visit. Of course, J had to wear his Aerosmith shirt!!
IMG_4711.JPEG

We got stuck here for a few minutes so I figured why not snap a picture!
IMG_4712.JPEG

Of course J wanted to sit in the front row. But, he's always embarrassed to ask & wants me to do it. I don't & won't. I tell him if he wants it he can ask & he always does then. He can be shy sometimes.
The 2 kids behind us? They were the cutest. It was their first time on it & they were so excited to ride. They absolutely loved the ride. J was cracking me up as he was talking to them about what to expect etc. Mr. Expert who a year before wouldn't think about getting on it!!
At the end they were looking at their picture & were so excited. Fortunately the picture was in my account right away so I air dropped it to them so they could have it. They were thrilled!!
IMG_4713.JPG

Lunch time!! No surprise there, I'm sure!!
IMG_4721.JPEG

IMG_4722.JPEG

We had time for one last ride before we bid HS farewell.
IMG_4723.JPEG

IMG_4765.JPG

Out we go!!
IMG_4726.JPEG

IMG_4729.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SUNDAY, APRIL 3RD

We got back to Saratoga & headed to the pool for a bit.
IMG_4730.JPEG

Yay!! Our friends had arrived so we walked over to DS to catch the boat to FQ meet them!!
IMG_4731.JPEG

IMG_4733.JPEG

Sent this one to R.
IMG_4734.JPEG

We spent an awesome couple hours with @Tuvalu & @TrolleyFollower91!!
IMG_4740.JPEG

We had a great time talking & catching up!!
IMG_5418.JPEG

IMG_5421.JPEG

So, does anyone remember the first time we met @Tuvalu & @TrolleyFollower91? It's been awhile--I'm thinking it's been probably about 4 years or so? Anyhow, you may remember that J developed an immediate crush on Em. I'll never forget him wanting to ride the monorail with her & the heck with the rest of us. And, again this is the kid that can be so shy sometimes.
@Tuvalu, E, J & myself went up to the bar to order drinks. Em stayed at the table. As we're ordering J announces that he's going to go back to the table!! The crush continues!!
IMG_5423.JPEG

We were meeting friends for dinner at Saratoga so E & J were going to head back on the boat & I said I would be along shortly. E called me & said the line was absolutely crazy & she didn't think she would be able to get back in time to meet the friends. The Tuvalumobile to the rescue!! @Tuvalu was kind enough to drive us back to Saratoga & saved the day!! It was also neat to find out that we have the same taste in cars!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom