The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Phroobar

I think Pixar has been relegated to Disney+ releases because of this. It is sinking fast in the pool while momma Disney plays with her favorite Marvel child.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

How many times has poor box office performance saved us from something stupid being added to an attraction? There have been too many close calls...
  • Lightyear overlay of Space Mountain
  • Replacing Madame Leota with Jennifer Tilly (ugh)
  • Shoehorning a Tonto AA into Big Thunder (UGH)

mickEblu

Original Poster
How many times has poor box office performance saved us from something stupid being added to an attraction? There have been too many close calls...
  • Lightyear overlay of Space Mountain
  • Replacing Madame Leota with Jennifer Tilly (ugh)
  • Shoehorning a Tonto AA into Big Thunder (UGH)

Good Lord. Was the second one really a rumor? Like from credible sources?

Phroobar

I want my money back for the Jurassic World movie. I try and stay away from stupid movies but I committed before I saw the reviews.
"You knew the movie was stupid before you saw it Fred."

super-chicken.jpg

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Not that my opinion matters, but I think the new planting beds at the entrance to TL are ugly. Succulents? Bare dirt around the plants with weird wood chip stripes? I don't get it. And, they've left the orange and blue planting concept art too. I'm perplexed.

Perhaps they’re planning to re-theme Tomorrowland as a dystopia?

I agree; it’s hideous.

waltography

Don't know if anyone caught Harmonious Live on Disney+ this afternoon/evening, but it was the first time I think I really understood what they were going for with the show. The effect of the orchestra and singers alongside the show was actually quite spectacular for me. Shame they can't do that for every performance, though (and I wonder what it means for the show itself knowing I really enjoyed it in the background of the concert rather than the show itself).

I do think overall the special felt like a big-budget DisneyParks livestream—apart from Idina and Auli'i, it seems like most of the singers were lip syncing to prerecorded tracks, which was a bit of a shame.

I'm sure part of the business justification was a test for this level of live production on Disney+ ahead of DWTS' move there.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Not that my opinion matters, but I think the new planting beds at the entrance to TL are ugly. Succulents? Bare dirt around the plants with weird wood chip stripes? I don't get it. And, they've left the orange and blue planting concept art too. I'm perplexed.

I don’t get it either. I know We are in a bad drought here in So Cal but they have countless gardens across the resort with grass and flower beds. What statement are they trying to make here? Maybe they’ll swap it for the flowers after summer? I noticed that they also removed all the patches of grass from the walking path from the Pixar Pals parking structure and so far have have replaced the grass with nothing. Dirt and wood chips

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom