News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

Touchdown

Perhaps 10 years ago. Goliath is a total disaster at this point and not worth riding.
Really, I haven’t seen any B&M hypers go bad, Apollos Chariot still runs really well. But then again, I do have a soft spot for the classics, the original hyper is still my favorite (and the ride I have ridden more times then any other coaster.)

Disney Glimpses

I respect Wishes nod to nostalgia, but I feel like HEA connects better with the younger generation.

My daughters (10/7) can’t even get into Pinocchio and some of the those older classics.

There is a place for both shows to live on though.

Upgrade Wishes with projections, and restore HEA. Alternate the show throughout the week.
Agree with you there but with the new live action Pinocchio coming out this year, the show becomes 2022 relevant again. But it would need updated projections, pyro and even spot light integration.

Disney is unlikely to alternate shows as it can create turmoil in the scheduling based on favoritism (could you imagine if they alternated HEA and DE).

All of that being said, Disney's recent surveys to guests suggest that HEA is just simply going to return, perhaps with Main Street projections (I don't think they'd actually modify the storyboard to add new films).

If Disney were to return Wishes, they would be surveying guests with a vague question like "How interested would you be in updated versions of retired shows?" or something along those lines.

ToTBellHop

Agree with you there but with the new live action Pinocchio coming out this year, the show becomes 2022 relevant again. But it would need updated projections, pyro and even spot light integration.

Disney is unlikely to alternate shows as it can create turmoil in the scheduling based on favoritism (could you imagine if they alternated HEA and DE).

All of that being said, Disney's recent surveys to guests suggest that HEA is just simply going to return, perhaps with Main Street projections (I don't think they'd actually modify the storyboard to add new films).

If Disney were to return Wishes, they would be surveying guests with a vague question like "How interested would you be in updated versions of retired shows?" or something along those lines.

Agreed. HEA will return before wishes does
I agree that it’s the most likely choice. And it would be an easy time to integrate Encanto if it’s still popular by then.

Vinnie Mac

Really, I haven’t seen any B&M hypers go bad, Apollos Chariot still runs really well. But then again, I do have a soft spot for the classics, the original hyper is still my favorite (and the ride I have ridden more times then any other coaster.)
Don't listen to whoever that guy is. There is no such thing as a bad B&M Hyper, but there are elite class hypers, and Goliath at SFOG is certainly that.

Vinnie Mac

The fact that Disney gave Happily Ever After a 20% pyro cut (along with removing lasers) to save money because they knew they could without significantly impacting GSAT but are now also willing to spend extra money on Enchantment simply to save face just puts a pit in my stomach. It's all ego with them these days.
Disagreed. I think budget cuts were made to HEA because it was probably known within the company that a new show was going to replace HEA for the 50th. Why put all your money into a show that's going to run for a few months when you could use that budget for upgrades to the new shows that will last until 2023? I ain't saying I support it, but I definitely think you're looking at it completely wrong.

wishiwere@wdw

Don't listen to whoever that guy is. There is no such thing as a bad B&M Hyper, but there are elite class hypers, and Goliath at SFOG is certainly that.
Yes. That guy that’s been on every B&M hyper in the country, multiple times…. Ok.

Goliath is a complete disaster. I’ve got countless laps on Goliath (as I suspect you might as well) and even re-confirmed this two weeks ago. The trains need a full overhaul; or, at the very least wheels that don’t feel like they’re from two seasons ago. (I’m not even getting into the unfinished spot welds, rust and overall lack of care as that “shouldn’t” affect the ride experience) Six Flags needs to give the ride a full refresh. However, I do agree that it was a world class hyper and easily could be once again. And I apologize to the mods as I know this is off topic 😊.

jrhwdw

Disagreed. I think budget cuts were made to HEA because it was probably known within the company that a new show was going to replace HEA for the 50th. Why put all your money into a show that's going to run for a few months when you could use that budget for upgrades to the new shows that will last until 2023? I ain't saying I support it, but I definitely think you're looking at it completely wrong.
EF got more pyro when it reopened. Granted, no Kites but still.....

James Alucobond

I'm pretty sure they were. What other reason would there be?
They were apparently somewhat touch-and-go in terms of their functionality even before the shutdown. I did personally see them working the week before everything closed, but others reported that they were intermittently missing or malfunctioning. Not difficult to imagine that they just cut their losses when bridging the short gap between the re-opening and Harmonious.

DisneyDean97

As much as HEA is the best firework show to ever premiere at Magic Kingdom, I do miss the rich orchestra sound and iconic music of Wishes. We need a blend of the two, imo

Vinnie Mac

They were apparently somewhat touch-and-go in terms of their functionality even before the shutdown. I did personally see them working the week before everything closed, but others reported that they were intermittently missing or malfunctioning. Not difficult to imagine that they just cut their losses when bridging the short gap between the re-opening and Harmonious.
I forgot that the kites were horrible in terms of reliability too. But didn't the barges cause an issue with the jet skis? I don't imagine the lagoon is as easily navigable now as it was then.

peter11435

I'm pretty sure they were. What other reason would there be?
Epcot forever was always intended to run right up until Harmonious premiered. Harmonious was planned and designed before EF. They knew exactly where those barges would be before they ever created EF and decided to include kites. Everything about EF including the kite choreography was designed to work with and around Harmonious installation. The kites were cut due to ongoing show quality/maintenance challenges and labor savings.

Vinnie Mac

Epcot forever was always intended to run right up until Harmonious premiered. Harmonious was planned and designed before EF. They knew exactly where those barges would be before they ever created EF and decided to include kites. Everything about EF including the kite choreography was designed to work with and around Harmonious installation. The kites were cut due to ongoing show quality/maintenance challenges and labor savings.
Noted

jrhwdw

Makes sense however, back when ROE was Ending, was Harm. planned to move out every day or be planted in WSL like now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom