Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

pdude81

That’s why I only ever bought the weekday only annual passes after I left the company! 🤣
Though I totally understand that not everyone is able to visit weekdays, what with school and work.

But truthfully, I don’t think Disney wants APs at ALL anymore. At least not until crowds die down due to gas prices, the impending recession, and the post-pandemic vacation dam breakage slowing. THEN Disney will come crawling on their proverbial hands and knees, begging us to come back.
It would be a poor decision for them to discontinue APs for those who kept them up just because of small margin issues. Kind of like when they laid off workers they could have just furloughed to get them off the books, and couldn't get them back. Once that connection is gone, it often costs money to bring those people back.

And now that we're getting into recession territory, they may well need those passholders to keep the place running.

nickys

Premium Member
What if we pick 3 must dos, the time we plan to be in the parks that day, any dining reservations, and let genie+ schedule the FPs for us using all the data from others as well to spread out crowds. Then after 1 is used, you can manually schedule any other that is open
What would happen if it couldn’t plan what you asked for? Because there’s no way in **** that Genie+ could do that for the number of guests they have.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
what annoyed me most about the 180 days was most times park hours were not posted yet and it became a guessing game
Agreed.
Without full park schedules we couldn’t properly plan ADRs. Maybe Fantasmic wasn’t playing every night, would AK expand weekend hours past 5 or 6pm or not, Night EMH schedules changed a few trips with little warning, After Hours parks/dates not confirmed yet, etc. We had to lock down important trip details early while park schedules took their sweet time. That wasn’t a fine how d’ya do.

People were booking tons of back up ADRs so they could change park days after schedules released. That exacerbated issues with availability, which snowballed into everybody seemingly to need 180+ ADRs at 6am or cry into your Pecos Bill icky pork bowl. Then FP+ window opens to find out Slinky is gone on your Sci-Fi day and so is 7DMT on CRT day. Choices, choices.

Not earth shattering but added to frustrations with the whole system. I was ready to welcome a reboot. I love the new EMH system, don’t mind optional paid FP and am OK if it just helps on a few lines as long as price stays reasonable, and 60 day ADRs seem fine. No matter which way they go with Genie, I’d appreciate flexibility and less convolution. Modify button plz!

DisneyDebRob

That’s why I only ever bought the weekday only annual passes after I left the company! 🤣
Though I totally understand that not everyone is able to visit weekdays, what with school and work.

But truthfully, I don’t think Disney wants APs at ALL anymore. At least not until crowds die down due to gas prices, the impending recession, and the post-pandemic vacation dam breakage slowing. THEN Disney will come crawling on their proverbial hands and knees, begging us to come back.
They want AP’s money.. just dont want them in the parks. 🙂

kong1802

It's almost as if they should just go to the $ILL for every ride. Scrap Genie+ in its entirety.

Regular lines would move and if you want to skip a line you have that option, for a fee.

I just don't see how they can make Genie+ work for the masses without charging more for it, like $50.

At that point, I'd rather pay for 2-3 rides and not need to reserve a time for HM or POTC. I think I'd come out ahead, Disney math speaking.

Jrb1979

It's almost as if they should just go to the $ILL for every ride. Scrap Genie+ in its entirety.

Regular lines would move and if you want to skip a line you have that option, for a fee.

I just don't see how they can make Genie+ work for the masses without charging more for it, like $50.

At that point, I'd rather pay for 2-3 rides and not need to reserve a time for HM or POTC. I think I'd come out ahead, Disney math speaking.
I would say with them capping sales they are learning the hard way that it's not meant for the masses

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
What would happen if it couldn’t plan what you asked for? Because there’s no way in **** that Genie+ could do that for the number of guests they have.
If it’s coded right, it would try to plan what you ask for and if not plan what it can and ask you what you want in its place for things it can’t (different time or different attraction). With data and AI Disney should have ways to find solutions to this. Being as big of a company as they are and likely as much data as they collect, working some in the AIML world, there are scenarios they can figure out without releasing a disaster to the public.

Thepuma

Most families wouldn’t make it trying to do a 7am-11pm commando day like that haha but a lot try…feel like you have to with what you are spending

Yeah it was a long day...we were due to call it a day at 7pm but so many decent G+s were coming up every time we tapped into a ride...we couldn't turn them down..and it ended up being a marathon.

But yeah, most people..and especially families just wouldn't put themselves through that. My wife's fitbit showed we had walked 17 miles..and I can believe it...I could barely walk to our hotel room from the lobby.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom