Disney’s Q2 FY22 Earnings Results Webcast

doctornick

Why would they cut CAPEX if the parks are doing so well?
Did they say they were cutting CAPEX to the parks? I know some on here have suggested might happen but I don’t think there’s been any confirmation. If anything the results today would suggest they’d continue to invest in the parks to at least some degree.

UNCgolf

While of course investors don't want to see Disney's stock going down, it's not like it's going down in a vacuum. The whole market is falling -- it would look worse for Disney if they were treading water or going down while the rest of the market was going up.

Or if their stock is declining at a faster rate than the rest of the market.

Last edited:

Kamikaze

Did they say they were cutting CAPEX to the parks? I know some on here have suggested might happen but I don’t think there’s been any confirmation. If anything the results today would suggest they’d continue to invest in the parks to at least some degree.

So both sides are kind of true. Since at WDW the major projects inside the parks are all winding down, CAPEX essentially is going down. But its not necessarily a 'cut', because they just aren't adding a new project to replace the money they're currently spending.

Or if their stock is declining at faster rate than the rest of the market.
It is.

mightynine

Or if their stock is declining at faster rate than the rest of the market.

I just was reading a CNBC article where they mentioned DIS is the worst performer on the Dow so far this year. So, uh….
Mad Men Not Great Bob GIF

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Because some people are capable of looking ahead and realize those results are not likely to continue.
The spin - Hollywood reporter, variety - the usuals - is that Disney “avoided Netflix’s fate”

Nope…they didn’t lose but they are slowing down bigtime and their initial subs start to blink out later this year…

“Yet” is what happened here
The stock has a PE of 62.44!!! A lot of room for PE rationalization
Just buy, baby…what could go wrong? Only dow 30 company to be on a consistent slide for 18 months 👍🏻

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom