Disney’s Q2 FY22 Earnings Results Webcast

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Be sure to watch Sneakerella, streaming this Summer only on Disney+.

Actual lyrics from "Kicks" played after the call:
"Cause everything's fine in my dreams
I can fly in my dreams, sky high in my dreams
But I fall down to Earth when the alarm clock rings."

Down 5% now on the day (if include trading day plus after hours) on a *good* report as least as it concerns D+View attachment 638140

yensid1967

$19.25 Billion in revenue? How much of that revenue is going to the executives?, #1!
#2- They are 'saying' that the parks are not at full capacity, but won't release attendance numbers!? Something wonky about that!
When guests are reporting that they are shoulder to shoulder, does sound like FULL CAPACITY to me!
#3- I do not think that Genie+ is contributing to the $19.25 Billion. I think it contributes 'some' but not a lot like they want to make it sound, for the shareholders. As far as I am concerned. with reading all the horror stories about Genie+, I think GENIE+ will be replaced
by something HOPEFULLY better in a year or so. It looks as though if you stay off property then you are basically out of luck of getting
any selections? I would like to hear from those who stayed off site and the Genie+ situation!

doctornick

Bob is hyping "the bundle" an awful lot considering how bad ESPN+ sucks.

Without really looking into it much, I thought ESPN+ is basically the out of market service now for NHL and MLS which has some value for people in specific situations. and has a decent bit of European soccer for those who watch that.

I know there's some lesser games in college football and hoops so I guess if you are a fan of a team featured there regularly maybe it has some value (but can't image that is a significant number)

What other significant programming is on there?

ctrlaltdel

Without really looking into it much, I thought ESPN+ is basically the out of market service now for NHL and MLS which has some value for people in specific situations. and has a decent bit of European soccer for those who watch that.

I know there's some lesser games in college football and hoops so I guess if you are a fan of a team featured there regularly maybe it has some value (but can't image that is a significant number)

I find ESPN+ pretty solid. If you’re a hockey or international soccer fan it’s a no brainer for the price point. They have added a lot of pretty valuable college rights to the package as well.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I think they'll just roll ESPN+ into the eventual direct to consumer ESPN offering all in one package.

floydbeatle

I'm not sure, but the glaring omission is live NFL games. Paramount Plus/Peacock, Amazon all carry live NFL games. Clearly, Disney has not opened their checkbooks although you can watch MNF on mobile devices with the NFL app. The product is a non-starter for me without the NFL.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Regarding park reservations, how much of it is getting people to pay for tickets sooner before travel days? People not wanting to be kicked out are now buying sooner which essentially gives Disney interest free loans. Is that what Bob means by "exceeding expectations"?

doctornick

I'm not sure, but the glaring omission is live NFL games. Paramount Plus/Peacock, Amazon all carry live NFL games. Clearly, Disney has not opened their checkbooks although you can watch MNF on mobile devices with the NFL app. The product is a non-starter for me without the NFL.

IIRC, I think there are adding live NFL games starting this year or next - the international games in London, etc.

hopemax

This is us. DH is a huge soccer fan so watches MLS and a bunch of European matches. And now that the Kraken exist and we live outside the local market. I'm not sure how much they would have to charge before DH wouldn't get value out of the bundle for the soccer. The MLS is actually "in market" courtesy of a VPN. Comcast and Altitude Sports (the CO sports channel owned by the owner of the NHL, NBA and MLS teams) have been in a spat for years now and so the games aren't shown locally. It's a big mess. But ESPN+ + VPN = necessity in Denver.

Sir_Cliff

So, AFAICT, nothing newsworthy. No announcements of new content we didn't know about. No new policies.
That was my takeaway.

Must say that I don't quite get people taking such delight in the stock going down after they just announced pretty strong financial results, decent results for D+, and excellent results for the domestic parks. That sort of feedback from investors is not exactly propitious for the company pulling back on nickel and diming customers at the parks or prioritising them for investment relative to other divisions. It shows the parks can make money hand over fist and Wall Street more or less shrugs. It also shows a company can't just be wildly profitable anymore.

Trauma

That was my takeaway.

Must say that I don't quite get people taking such delight in the stock going down after they just announced pretty strong financial results, decent results for D+, and excellent results for the domestic parks. That sort of feedback from investors is not exactly propitious for the company pulling back on nickel and diming customers at the parks or prioritising them for investment relative to other divisions. It shows the parks can make money hand over fist and Wall Street more or less shrugs. It also shows a company can't just be wildly profitable anymore.
Because some people are capable of looking ahead and realize those results are not likely to continue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom