The DC Comics Film Thread

Timmay

The peacemaker finale was really good. I would put this series as my favorite comic book show from either Marvel or DC. Gunn is just fantastic at making you love crazy obscure characters. I'm really glad they renewed it for a 2nd season and that Gunn is returning. I thought maybe he take on the "executive producer" roll and not be yhat involved.
I certainly understand to most people Peacemaker is pretty obscure. However, they may not realize they’ve gotten a decent look at him before in comics and a movie…

C504F178-9AD2-4AEF-846D-5994B9A6501B.jpeg

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster

Slpy3270

Guess this means WB has all but given up on the DCEU. And that's OK. They should've just killed it after Joss-tice League.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Was it detective work, really?

Yes, he solved riddling clues (except the most important one at the end way too late), but, did he really do detective work?

Didn't he just show up at scenes of crimes and then.... waited until the next crime?

The one big lead he hunted down was to shake down The Penguin... with a ridiculous amount of collateral damage (there had to have people killed in that chase, which the Gotham City PD didn't seem to care about). And that lead went nowhere.

Detective-Batman in the comics and animated series would be in disguise following leads, he'd be questioning a handful of people. This Batman was just led by the nose by the Riddler.

Screamface

Was it detective work, really?

Yes, he solved riddling clues (except the most important one at the end way too late), but, did he really do detective work?

Didn't he just show up at scenes of crimes and then.... waited until the next crime?

I'm with you, I didn't really see it as detective work. He was just told stuff or immediately looked at something that was important.

He just follows clues left for him which leads him to a video that explains stuff. He then goes and speaks to Falcone, who tells him more information. Which makes him speak to Afred, who tells him more information. It turns out he's been manipulated and lead to do everything by the Riddler. The Riddler gives away his apartment. Batman fails to capture the Riddler, but he hands himself in to the cops anyway. Batman in the apartment just looks over at a pile of books. Picks one up at random, hands it Gordon who then reads exposition of the Riddler's intentions.

The funniest is Batman going back to the riddler's apartment. There's a cop making awkward small talk. Batman picks up a metal instrument and the cop is all, "that's used in laying carpet." Batman looks at the floor, and see's carpet. Rips it up in order to find the password to another video. Which then explains the Riddler's plot to flood the city. Which batman then fails to stop.

SBlake

He was just told stuff or immediately looked at something that was important.

That's exactly how stuff was solved on Blue's Clues. Only, instead of pawprints, it was dead bodies this time.
blf87ry.gif

Joking aside, I agree Batman looked sloppy at times in this movie and like the Riddler was always two steps ahead of him. Though to the movie's credit, this is only Year Two for him, so he still has a lot of growing and improvement to do. Let's not forget there was a brief scene as he was escaping the police tower when he gasped at the fear of heights and looking off a tall building. 🤣

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Twitter is currently worshipping Snyder demanding everything DCEU be part of the Snyder-verse.

I was going to tweak their noses and remind them that Snyder was responsible for the panned Batman v. Superman, until I saw Tweets praising that as a masterpiece.

So...

Hopeless.

Last edited:

Joesixtoe

Twitter is currently worship Snyder demanding everything DCEU be part of the Snyder-verse.

I was going to tweak their noses and remind them that Snyder was responsible for the panned Batman v. Superman, until I saw Tweets praising that as a masterpiece.

So...

Hopeless.
The extended edition was a lot better. The biggest downfall in the movie I believe is their usage of Doomsday. He should have had his own movie. I love Synders take on comic book movies; the characters are portrayed more as though how we regular folk would view them if they were real.

Screamface

Twitter is currently worshipping Snyder demanding everything DCEU be part of the Snyder-verse.

So...

Hopeless.

BvS was good though. People just didn't understand it and memed about it being bad. It's a solid flick.

Man of Steel, Batman v Superman and JS Justice League are the best of any DC movies they've bad post The Dark Knight.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
BvS was good though. People just didn't understand it and memed about it being bad. It's a solid flick.
By "people," you mean "most people"? Since it has a poor rating among critics and audience.

Basically, you're saying most people are wrong in their opinion of BvS. And you're blaming that on memes?

You just need to accept that you have a minority opinion of that film.

Screamface

By "people," you mean "most people"? Since it has a poor rating among critics and audience.

Basically, you're saying most people are wrong in their opinion of BvS. And you're blaming that on memes?

You just need to accept that you have a minority opinion of that film.

Let's just go have a look, Metacritic, audience score 7.1 hmmmz... IMDB score 7.3 hmmmmz what about on Amazon... wow 4.5 stars.

It's almost as if the narrative the film is hated is wrong....

If you get of r/movies you'll see the film is well-liked. It's an online meme and Marvel fan boi circle jerk that it is not.

WB would have never spent the money to complete the Snyder cut of Justice League if everyone hated BvS.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Let's just go have a look, Metacritic, audience score 7.1 hmmmz... IMDB score 7.3 hmmmmz what about on Amazon... wow 4.5 stars.

It's almost as if the narrative the film is hated is wrong....

If you get of r/movies you'll see the film is well-liked. It's an online meme and Marvel fan boi circle jerk that it is not.

WB would have never spent the money to complete the Snyder cut of Justice League if everyone hated BvS.

You're cherry-picking. The IMDB rating is for the Ultimate Edition, which those who already like it bought into it. And that's 35K reviews. The general audience review of the original movie was 686K reviewers and gave it a 6.4.
1652015627246.png

1652015718474.png

The Metacritic audience score only has 7K reviewers. A drop in the bucket compared to the 686K of IMDB for the original cut.

Also, look at the critics' score...
1652015893452.png

The Cinescore, which is a scientific sampling of the audience on the opening weekend gave it a B, which is pretty low score for a genre film. Usually, the opening weekend audience is on board with the genre and franchise. The audience for BvS, not so much.

1652016070120.png

The B.O. fell 68% it's second week. That's not good word of mouth going on there.

And not to mention this:

1652016307236.png

Critics hated it. The audience was mixed. It was not greatly appreciated by the general audience. It's no masterpiece.

Last edited:

mf1972

i wasn’t a fan of BVS or JL either. BVS almost made me walk out of the theater & JL nearly put me to sleep. i’ll admit the snyder cut of JL was a little better. personally i felt the movies were rushed to catch up with marvel, but to each their own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom