Trip Report THE ONE WITHOUT a BUDDY

(For those of you just joining us, please go read “THE ONE FOR DINNER” before continuing.)

Hello my fellow Magicians!!!
I have been called the rain goddess, the harbinger of doom and plain ✈️ bad luck.

What kind of drama did I get myself into this time? Well as the name implies, this was a solo trip. Not this guy…
Star Wars Salute GIF

I narrowly missed some buddies, met some new buddies and reunited with some old buddies. But I know what you are all thinking….how was my flight(s)?

I have eluded to this story in @Tuvalu ’s TR but here it is. We will call it the EPILOGUE and I will try to be brief.

Two weeks after our Dinner trip, Tone and I were set to fly to PBI. We had an 8:50pm flight on Friday night because our youngest had a lacrosse game at 4:00. This would allow is to go to his game then head to the airport. His game of course got pushed back to 5:30. It was pouring and we had to drive to JFK and park so we saw about 5 minutes of the little guys game.
No traffic. 👍
Found parking immediately👍
One person in line in front of us at TSA precheck👍
Flight on time👍
“Let’s sit and have dinner.”
We see an acquaintance in the restaurant. He is on a major morning news show and is good friends with the people I work for therefore, I will not throw him under the bus. But, as we were heading to the gate we stopped by his table to say hi.
“Is your flight delayed?” He asks.
I felt like I had been sucker punched. I deflated. He had just jinxed me. Five minutes later we get the notification we will be delayed 30 minutes.
Thirty minutes is no biggie. We were waiting on our plane. Our plane arrived but then we were told our crew was on an inbound flight that would not be in until 11:45 pm. For those of you struggling with the math that is almost a three hour delay.
200.gif

I am afraid our flight attendants will time out. They don’t and we push back about midnight. Then go right back to the gate.
big brother pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark

A woman has decided she is too sick to fly. As the woman sitting next to Tone so eloquently put it, “we have had a three effin hour delay. And NOW your sick?”
And we wait for a new manifest.

We land in West Palm about 3:45am. The rental cars are offsite and do not open until 5am. I look for an Uber to take us to our hotel. $58!
We hem
We haw
We decide we will Uber, use our son’s truck for the day and have him drive us to the airport tonight (because our flight back is tonight-Saturday)
I go back on Uber, $98.
“No way!!!”
We find a bench outside and get comfy.
I call the hotel. The charge has already been put through but I convince the young man to reverse the charge.
At 4:30 the shuttle comes for the car rental place. At 5:00am they open.
We have plans to meet Tone’s brother, wife and two of their kids for breakfast at 8:45. We decide we will drive to my son’s house and crash on their couch (like 14feet long!) for a few hours. We pull into his driveway at 6:00am but are afraid to go inside and wake them. Their game is at noon so we want them to sleep. Instead, we sleep in the car in the driveway until 7:30. Then I sneak inside to use the restroom (my son is in the master BR so has his own) while my son snores on.
We then go to BIL’s hotel to use their shower and eat breakfast.
At breakfast for @MickeyCB
C571A1BD-61C3-47AF-944E-A4EB1A2F59A6.jpeg

By 10:30 we are headed to the game.
For @wdisney9000
F70F959A-80ED-4333-A53D-600C9A53E51D.jpeg

Tailgated:
A3D649C1-6A27-4EE9-AD0A-36CB7A9D1811.jpeg

Took a few pix. The first is from high school. They now play together in college so I had to recreate it:
1228A5C4-4F45-4541-8E64-25C02F805B01.jpeg

3B682FB2-E6C8-4103-B013-AED3BF13F5BE.jpeg

Our flight home was delayed, of course. We landed about 1:00am Sunday morning. By 2:00am I was fast asleep.

So how would this flight be???
Stay tuned….

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
That darn Genie+ is the MOST frustrating app most of the time and NOT user friendly!!! I will never understand why you see a time and think you're grabbing it but by the time you actually get your confirmation, the return time can be totally different from when you booked. That is not how the old fastpass used to work and it's one of the biggest complaints from guests!!!! Your description of the conversation to the guest services CM was quite entertaining though.
Donald Duck Lol GIF
I sure hope the rain stopped soon as this day is not going all that well for you.
If they wanted more money they should have just put a price tag on FP+. It worked.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Awwwww that’s awesome!

Lovely view! Your room is fabulous!!

Yes, I’m sorry you got screwed. I feel like there are more ways to make Genie work more effectively that the CM’s hadn’t figured out yet.
I was frustrated because I did the work. I read the threads on Genie+ and I considered myself pretty well versed. However, if there was a loop hole or pot hole I found it.
I admit at the time I was very angry. But I remembered why I bought genie+ in the first place. And that was for all of you. I wanted to help out my fellow Magicians and at only $15 a day, if 15 of you learn from my mistakes well that’s just $1 per person (carry the one). 😉

Plowboy

I was frustrated because I did the work. I read the threads on Genie+ and I considered myself pretty well versed. However, if there was a loop hole or pot hole I found it.
I admit at the time I was very angry. But I remembered why I bought genie+ in the first place. And that was for all of you. I wanted to help out my fellow Magicians and at only $15 a day, if 15 of you learn from my mistakes well that’s just $1 per person (carry the one). 😉
I was told there would be no math.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thursday April 7, cont

I needed some happiness. Thumper was my favorite when I was really young. I love Thumper. But then I started thinking of Bambi. And Bambi’s mother. Happy feeling gone.
1B96178F-F03D-4D12-9368-2B7CC6129212.jpeg

C9C37368-1AEE-409F-A095-9BA5ED13AF2F.jpeg

Butterfly will make me happy…
5DD196A6-C105-4F8F-BD91-221D9F10A477.jpeg

2DEF8BE6-776A-4575-88E4-633E73B54F88.jpeg

0ADC5200-EF80-44EA-A0B9-E360353C1F36.jpeg

Food and drink will make me less hangry.
27A353C0-1C78-4C0F-852E-BDD56779CD56.jpeg

This was from the Honey Bistro. Some kind of flatbread. It was cold and blah.
Here is the menu:
259A2B95-D0E3-4BB0-8096-4D9A76E8F911.jpeg

Now about the drink. If you know me, really know me, you know my first stop is generally Canada for a Moosehead. But since things were all dumpster firery anyway I broke with tradition and went with this alcoholic disgusting honey flavored nasty frozen drink. I had two sips then dumped it in the bathroom sink and washed out the bee for my boys.

So much for breaking with Tradition.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thursday April 7, cont

2DE8F5EC-1445-4A8A-91D3-60DE243A03D2.jpeg

This is more like it!!!🇨🇦

Moosehead and some pretty flowers (phlox, one of my favorites!):
310C6083-C3FD-40F6-B90F-246B7CD79C6F.jpeg

and a lizard (for company):
201FADEA-29C6-4096-BBCD-E8D3D902DE16.jpeg

and Goofy:
A59C59F2-2FBA-4AAE-9F6C-87ED8DCC2610.jpeg

and seared scallops with a bacon vinaigrette and haricot verts and potatoes!
41E6D449-0132-4553-BF78-B150E6E90591.jpeg

Actually the scallops were overcooked and very chewy. The haricot verts were under cooked and everything was cold.

But things will get better.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thirsty Thursday cont

I went and road Soarin’ with my LL. I looked at what was available to book but there was nothing. I tried refreshing while I was on line but once you get deep inside those big pavilions there is no wifi, no 5G, no LTE
Episode 9 Ugh GIF by On My Block

No LL…
STRIKE SEVEN!
Disney’s lousy wi fi.

Then I went to the Figment restrooms and contemplated goint to the DVC lounge but it was closed. Of course it was.

I reached out to a friend as I started walking toward world showcase. And that friend was right behind me. I kid you not! He and his niece had just left Figment. I turn around and there they were. Friendly faces! Now I will get that hug I so desperately need!
2F287450-C382-49D1-9A99-D8268CD2A8D3.jpeg

Or not!
We eventually made up.
4C6EC234-7553-45DE-ADF1-F483B299F41D.jpeg

@wdisney9000 his BIL and C Monster!
We got drinks in France.
DF470905-B745-44BF-A11A-A2F6113AB047.jpeg

I got some Grey Goose thing and the boys had 1664’s

And I couldn’t pass up this photo op
28C63949-0706-42B8-B225-D2B5318F2C9F.jpeg

Some people pose with characters, others pose against different walls, @wdisney9000 poses with his favorite refreshment. 😂
( for @lostpro9het btw)

Now I was happy…
37B66BCB-EDCC-4683-A794-5E8859F810A9.jpeg

jasminethecat

Those were some really brave choices.

Disclaimer: I love honey. I mix it with peanut butter and put it on crackers or bread/bagels. I put it on cornbread or biscuits. I put it in my tea. I will take a spoonful once in a while just for fun, and by that i mean i will just pour some in my freaking mouth from the bottle. Love. Honey.

That said, you picked 2 of the most repulsive sounding options I have ever seen at WDW. I appreciate you looking out for everyone by trying awful-sounding things and confirming how awful they are. Not all heroes wear capes, apparently. Some wear pink ponchos from the dollar store.

EDIT: I would legit like to know how the spoon bread (top food item) and the lemonade mead are, if anyone knows.

donaldtoo

Thursday April 7, cont

View attachment 635363
This is more like it!!!🇨🇦

Moosehead and some pretty flowers (phlox, one of my favorites!):
View attachment 635366

and a lizard (for company):
View attachment 635365

and Goofy:
View attachment 635364

and seared scallops with a bacon vinaigrette and haricot verts and potatoes!
View attachment 635367
Actually the scallops were overcooked and very chewy. The haricot verts were under cooked and everything was cold.

But things will get better.

Along with wild Bluebonnets, Indian Paintbrush, Pink Evening Primrose, Wine Cups, Indian blankets, etc., we have a lot of wild phlox down here too…B-E-A-U-tiful…!!! :)

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Those were some really brave choices.

Disclaimer: I love honey. I mix it with peanut butter and put it on crackers or bread/bagels. I put it on cornbread or biscuits. I put it in my tea. I will take a spoonful once in a while just for fun, and by that i mean i will just pour some in my freaking mouth from the bottle. Love. Honey.

That said, you picked 2 of the most repulsive sounding options I have ever seen at WDW. I appreciate you looking out for everyone by trying awful-sounding things and confirming how awful they are. Not all heroes wear capes, apparently. Some wear pink ponchos from the dollar store.

EDIT: I would legit like to know how the spoon bread (top food item) and the lemonade mead are, if anyone knows.
I have had the flat bread before and don’t remember it being so blah.
As for the drink, peach and blue berry and vodka….right???
Nope. Didnt taste any of that.
Funny story: a little later I was chatting with a CM who was cleaning tables. I asked him his favorite thing to eat at the outdoor kitchens. He said the lavender chicken flatbread and scallops, the two dishes I had. I stopped eating. If that was as good as it gets for food, I decided I would drink instead. Enter 9000 to help with that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom