News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

the.dreamfinder

As it stands now…all the construction material has been removed and the permits were pulled.

That’s actually as “cancelled” as it gets.

I don’t think they had any issue cancelling this. It was a kinda stupid idea and they were more than happy to rotate to more DVC on the lagoon…which is what they want anyway
I wonder if they’ll build something on the Mediterranean plot soon.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

Bright Sun Films created a new video about the abandoned space. Seems like the property is still fenced off but abandoned. I am wondering if they’ll eventually build it anyway since they’ve never outright said it was cancelled.

I can promise you that Reflections is canceled. That doesn’t mean they won’t eventually build a hotel on the plot but Reflections the plan announced in 2019 is dead.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can promise you that Reflections is canceled. That doesn’t mean they won’t eventually build a hotel on the plot but Reflections the plan announced in 2019 is dead.
No doubt. It’s possible. The beauty of clearing/ground work is that they can restart later.

But that is a long way off as it stands. DVC is sending out “buy now for a discount” mailers again…it’s been awhile on those.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I always wonder what their actual thoughts on the campground are now? Would they have it if they had to start all over again?
I dont have any actual data but gut tells me with what they charge a night for a spot it has a high profit margin. I could be wrong but that place books out over a year in advance and they are getting ridiculous per night rates.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I dont have any actual data but gut tells me with what they charge a night for a spot it has a high profit margin. I could be wrong but that place books out over a year in advance and they are getting ridiculous per night rates.
I think it’s highly profitable/beneficial for what it is…just don’t know if the Burbank bigwigs would do it again…they’d probably consider the square footage used as a “loss” 🙄

the.dreamfinder

I wouldn’t be so sure. The Poly DVC tower was in development at the same time as Reflections, just not announced to the public. It too was cancelled in 2020 and has been brought back to life.

castlecake2.0

I always wonder what their actual thoughts on the campground are now? Would they have it if they had to start all over again?
I wonder that often, but as it stands now they could probably add 5 more loops and still sell out. That place books solid over a year in advance. Why wouldn’t Burbank love it? Here’s your slab of pavement, bring your own bathroom, $100/night please.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wonder that often, but as it stands now they could probably add 5 more loops and still sell out. That place books solid over a year in advance. Why wouldn’t Burbank love it? Here’s your slab of pavement, bring your own bathroom, $100/night please.
“Perceptions”…in a word.

That idiot Iger decided it was “luxury” one day after lunch and has since promised Wall Street they have limitless pricing potential. They do not.

In that scenario…they not looking at profits - like ft wilderness - but instead calculating in the ether “yeah…but we COULDA made $___!!”

Fantasyland

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wouldn’t be so sure. The Poly DVC tower was in development at the same time as Reflections, just not announced to the public. It too was cancelled in 2020 and has been brought back to life.
It was never announced. And never taste the bluster of who talks at WDI without salt handy.

The thing about a poly tower is it had to happen since day one when they announced the conversion. You’re never gonna have only studios Longterm. That messes too much with the DVC mentality.

It was never and “if”…but a “when”. Only economic disaster would have changed that.

And sure enough…in five years the EXACT things will be done at GF and Poly…just in reverse order.

Yacht club villas on deck.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, judging by past behavior and assuming WDW acts consistently (I know...), then it seems the plan is this:

Add more DVC at all the deluxes... and maybe even the moderates if you can upscale it.

So, then, this means that eventually there will be a DVC something in the place were Reflections was supposed to go in order to increase Wilderness's DVC quota.

Will there be a DVC tower at AKL? At the Disney Springs resorts?

Will a DVC tower at Epcot's entrance be revived?

UNCgolf

So, judging by past behavior and assuming WDW acts consistently (I know...), then it seems the plan is this:

Add more DVC at all the deluxes... and maybe even the moderates if you can upscale it.

So, then, this means that eventually there will be a DVC something in the place were Reflections was supposed to go in order to increase Wilderness's DVC quota.

Will there be a DVC tower at AKL? At the Disney Springs resorts?

Will a DVC tower at Epcot's entrance be revived?

They'll eliminate the savanna to cut costs and build a tower there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom