News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

nickys

Premium Member
There's already DVC there, though.

What I mean is, why would Yacht Club make you consider it but not Boardwalk?
The expiration date for Boardwalk and Beach Club is 2042, just 20 years away, which makes the points relatively very expensive.

A Yacht Club DVC would have a 50 year term. For some people the length of contract is important, for others it’s the relative cost. My heart belongs to the Beach Club but I couldn’t justify buying there. Even resale prices are high.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The expiration date for Boardwalk and Beach Club is 2042, just 20 years away, which makes the points relatively very expensive.

A Yacht Club DVC would have a 50 year term. For some people the length of contract is important, for others it’s the relative cost. My heart belongs to the Beach Club but I couldn’t justify buying there. Even resale prices are high.
It is silly to buy those points at the ridiculous prices…it’s that kinda move that devalues the whole enchilada

You can’t pay double or triple the original price for half the product

I agree with you

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Makes sense. I don't know a ton about DVC because it purchasing it never made any sense to me.

I agree that Crescent Lake is the best location at WDW, though.
Any of you see a really tall dude around 7 am thumping the running path…say “hi” 😎

And DVC made complete sense…until about 2010…it’s been more disadvantageous/eroding since.

correcaminos

It was never announced. And never taste the bluster of who talks at WDI without salt handy.

The thing about a poly tower is it had to happen since day one when they announced the conversion. You’re never gonna have only studios Longterm. That messes too much with the DVC mentality.

It was never and “if”…but a “when”. Only economic disaster would have changed that.

And sure enough…in five years the EXACT things will be done at GF and Poly…just in reverse order.

Yacht club villas on deck.
It was rumored and supposedly part of the initial PVB idea. They were going to convert and build new. They scaled back but kept it on the back burner. Funny thing is the people initially interested in PVB for the "tower" rumor now seem to loathe it.

I do think Reflections is a whole other thing though.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It was rumored and supposedly part of the initial PVB idea. They were going to convert and build new. They scaled back but kept it on the back burner. Funny thing is the people initially interested in PVB for the "tower" rumor now seem to loathe it.

I do think Reflections is a whole other thing though.
There was a preliminary plan filed with the SFWMD that showed a tower…it was just on tbr Other side of the monorail in the poly/ttc parking/loading areas.

That would have involved more roadway rework these last 6 or so years.

This new plan is probably less difficult for them.

correcaminos

There was a preliminary plan filed with the SFWMD that showed a tower…it was just on tbr Other side of the monorail in the poly/ttc parking/loading areas.

That would have involved more roadway rework these last 6 or so years.

This new plan is probably less difficult for them.
Yes it is less difficult. A better location too IMO. Some did think Rarotonga terrace was going to be raised too at one point. Though I don't recall what order that was all mentioned. That was a number of years ago for me to recall.

I do think Reflections is dead as a doornail for now. I don't expect it to come back if it does, the same way it was presented.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes it is less difficult. A better location too IMO. Some did think Rarotonga terrace was going to be raised too at one point. Though I don't recall what order that was all mentioned. That was a number of years ago for me to recall.

I do think Reflections is dead as a doornail for now. I don't expect it to come back if it does, the same way it was presented.
I understand why they’re doing it there…but it’s a bad move in my opinion. There taking a lot of the ambience of both places…to say nothing of the wedding pavilion…by contiguous sprawl.

Do I want to spend $85,000 for “private” event and have kids in bathing suits ogling me from balconies on both sides??

And deflections is dead. I Thought it was a half hearted Attempt by iger to “show something” when the inventory was starting to run low. And covered the need fo spend to demolish river country.

It never made any sense. The only other mixed use is a disaster…and even if you blame Hawaii for that…they don’t need more rack rooms at high rates. They’ve been converting to clear those already for 15 years and as they escalate prices to chase quarterlies…it’s only gonna get worse

Last edited:

correcaminos

I understand why they’re doing it there…but it’s a bad move in my opinion. There taking a lot of the ambience of both places…to say nothing of the wedding pavilion…by contiguous sprawl.

Do I want to spend $85,000 for “private” event and have kids in bathing suits ogling me from balconies on both sides??
You should read the Polynesian discussion. You'd see I'm quite the opposite. I plan to add on or sell PVB/buy new once I know. I'm really loving the idea and the new location but I've kinda thought it would be a nice add on location form a while. I make that walk often.

Not sure you see exactly where the wedding pavilion is but it does not face that way nor would they even see the tower.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You should read the Polynesian discussion. You'd see I'm quite the opposite. I plan to add on or sell PVB/buy new once I know. I'm really loving the idea and the new location but I've kinda thought it would be a nice add on location form a while. I make that walk often.

Not sure you see exactly where the wedding pavilion is but it does not face that way nor would they even see the tower.
No offense Helen-A, but you want to buy every DVC. Do the reasons matter? It’s just your jam.

No need to explain or apologize…we all have our “things”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I managed at the Grand for awhile, Amiga…I’m not talking about outside the window in the lagoon…

I know that spot as well as any human. It’s gonna be crammed/mess and Impede both sides. Enjoy the buy 😎

What I meant was that you have to get into the wedding pavilion and that involves the back between two DVC towers. One right the hell on top…because there’s no room.

Unless they start choppering people in onto the roof 🤔

UNCgolf

It's not so much about the sightlines but the fact that there will be a lot of guests just a couple of hundred feet away sitting outside the tower -- at least if the concept art is accurate and they have a bunch of outdoor seating and possibly even activities there on the beach.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's not so much about the sightlines but the fact that there will be a lot of guests just a couple of hundred feet away sitting outside the tower -- at least if the concept art is accurate and they have a bunch of outdoor seating and possibly even activities there on the beach.
Easy little markup of just how much they’re overdoing it attached. If they’re trying to say this won’t be crammed…theyre lying

Attachments

• 53EF369D-F4C0-4058-A042-D931D239FAFA.jpeg
    53EF369D-F4C0-4058-A042-D931D239FAFA.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 129

correcaminos

No offense Helen-A, but you want to buy every DVC. Do the reasons matter? It’s just your jam.

No need to explain or apologize…we all have our “things”
Laughing at the name. Nothing else. When I spend thousands (and I will once I know points requirements and what the association will be) I need to have good reasons ;)

Oddly Reflections got my interest. Until I saw the horrific lobby. I shifted gears and now and waiting for my CCV points from resale to load.

I'm still extremely sad about the circle D ranch. I wish they had realized before shutting down and rebuilding. First stay was at Ft Wilderness and rode horses there. River country was a favorite. Lots of stupid connections to me.

correcaminos

Again I am not sure the issues. The pavilion and all that area is not that close nor would it be any more of a distraction than VGF which is right there. I walk that area often. There will be a decent buffer if not simply because the pavilion is removed from the walkway and faces MK.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Laughing at the name. Nothing else. When I spend thousands (and I will once I know points requirements and what the association will be) I need to have good reasons ;)

Oddly Reflections got my interest. Until I saw the horrific lobby. I shifted gears and now and waiting for my CCV points from resale to load.

I'm still extremely sad about the circle D ranch. I wish they had realized before shutting down and rebuilding. First stay was at Ft Wilderness and rode horses there. River country was a favorite. Lots of stupid connections to me.
So in the last couple of months you tried to buy wilderness resell…

And you were interested in reflections…

And now you are interested in the poly??

…I forgot what my point was? 🤔

Circle D is just another in the sad management trend. They have eliminated anything that they don’t see “maximum profit potential in”…

Some profit and better overall experience for the longterm just isn’t good enough.

correcaminos

If “distraction” was the concern…I’d agree with you…
Then what is your concern?

I admit I found out about PVB or whatever it will be the week I was there at PVB and walked to VGF often with my kid trying to psyche him up for a stay there. I visualized it even closer and it would be fine with me.

So in the last couple of months you tried to buy wilderness resell…

And you were interested in reflections…

And now you are interested in the poly??

…I forgot what my point was? 🤔
I closed on my CCV resale 2 weeks ago. Just waiting on points to load. I check every few days. After Reflections was a bust for sure in my head I started planning out add ons. In discussions my family all agreed WL was to be our third home. I have x number of points I want by the time my 14yo heads to college and I'll be broke ;)

I already own at PVB (and OKW) as well. So will be interested in more PVB points. Or whatever the new association will be if different (hoping for same as VGF, AKL, SSR). If different, I will sell my PVB and buy my current PVB amount plus a small add on more (depending on point charts) so we can do 2 bedrooms often there. Once I do that I should hit my x amount minimum. Eventually half my points will go to my kid... roughly.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Then what is your concern?

I admit I found out about PVB or whatever it will be the week I was there at PVB and walked to VGF often with my kid trying to psyche him up for a stay there. I visualized it even closer and it would be fine with me.

Exactly what I said: building right on top of wedding pavilion that kills any chance of intimacy. And that’s what’s gonna Happen.

Father of the bride may not want to see bathing suits air drying on the balcony when he cuts the check 😎

We won’t totally agree on this…DVC is your thing and I respect that.

I just own it. And worked on that spot. And had a wedding in Disney (not at the pavilion though)

Just spitballing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom