Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Moana will be a distant memory by the time this glorified pathway opens. Not exactly a classic, especially with Lin-Manuel Miranda's newest fad Encanto dominating minds right now and his next fad The Little Mermaid sure to do the same in a few years.

But if they skimp out on this, remember, a great animatronic once said, "If you mess with Polynesia, the tiki gods will squeeze 'ya!"

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Moana will be a distant memory by the time this glorified pathway opens. Not exactly a classic, especially with Lin-Manuel Miranda's newest fad Encanto dominating minds right now and his next fad The Little Mermaid sure to do the same in a few years.

But if they skimp out on this, remember, a great animatronic once said, "If you mess with Polynesia, the tiki gods will squeeze 'ya!"
For most of the past year, Moana kept showing up in the top ten list of streamed movies.

Your 'sense' of Moana simply fading is terribly off.

TikibirdLand

For most of the past year, Moana kept showing up in the top ten list of streamed movies.

Gotta admit, Moana is a really good movie. Haven't watched it in a while. I'd rank it on par with Finding Nemo. Can't say it's as good as movies from the Disney Renaissance. Wouldn't mind seeing that Polynesia represented in the parks better. This attraction doesn't look like it has the ability to live up to what I could envision for that. Then again, neither has the retheming of the Polynesian Resort either.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No

I just don't see it enduring 3 or 4 more years down the line, but I guess that depends on what films are released in that timeframe. Disney seems to announce attractions when films are recently released, but then it's like five years before they open.

But it's a fine movie, I like it. Still doesn't belong in Epcot.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I just don't see it enduring 3 or 4 more years down the line, but I guess that depends on what films are released in that timeframe. Disney seems to announce attractions when films are recently released, but then it's like five years before they open.

But it's a fine movie, I like it. Still doesn't belong in Epcot.
So, Moana has been exceeding other Disney animations for the past 6 years, but, you think in just 3 or 4 more years it will... what? Be as forgotten as Home on the Range?

There's data that says there hasn't been any Moana fatigue yet. And Disney keeps adding more and more Moana to the parks.

Thinking that there will be Moana fatigue puts that kind of *guess* on par with the *guesses* that there will be superhero movie fatigue... as was guessed at for the past 10 years.

When do you think there will be Haunted Mansion fatigue or Disney Princess fatigue or Mickey Mouse fatigue?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
So, Moana has been exceeding other Disney animations for the past 6 years, but, you think in just 3 or 4 more years it will... what? Be as forgotten as Home on the Range?

There's data that says there hasn't been any Moana fatigue yet. And Disney keeps adding more and more Moana to the parks.

Thinking that there will be Moana fatigue puts that kind of *guess* on par with the *guesses* that there will be superhero movie fatigue... as was guessed at for the past 10 years.

When do you think there will be Haunted Mansion fatigue or Disney Princess fatigue or Mickey Mouse fatigue?
It shouldn't be too hard to understand at this point that Moana is sitting on the shelf next to Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, Ariel, etc. She is locked in as a classic.

TikibirdLand

It shouldn't be too hard to understand at this point that Moana is sitting on the shelf next to Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, Ariel, etc. She is locked in as a classic.
I don't think it ranks as high as those movies. It's good; just not THAT good. I'd say that Little Mermaid > Nemo > Moana. But, all those mentioned here are good company to be in.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I don't think it ranks as high as those movies. It's good; just not THAT good. I'd say that Little Mermaid > Nemo > Moana. But, all those mentioned here are good company to be in.
We can sit here and rank the movies all day long. I am only stating that Moana, like the rest of the princesses, has her placed locked in and isn't going away. She will endure indefinitely like the others. Now, what Disney decides to do with that is another story.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No

Yikes, I seem to have touched a nerve. Lots of Moana fans on this forum! Ok, ok, Moana is nice.

But can't we agree this Journey of Water should be in Adventureland? Also, what else besides this are they adding to the parks? A Moana boat ride like Shanghai's Pirates? I wish. Sign me up for that!

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Yikes, I seem to have touched a nerve. Lots of Moana fans on this forum! Ok, ok, Moana is nice.

But can't we agree this Journey of Water should be in Adventureland? Also, what else besides this are they adding to the parks? A Moana boat ride like Shanghai's Pirates? I wish. Sign me up for that!
Can we agree you just moved the goal post?

What's wrong with *more* water features in Epcot leading to The Seas?

Incomudro

And...
This addition to the park isn't really a Moana feature anyway.
It's more an "inspired by Moana," or a Moana branded feature.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom