Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

Homemade Imagineering

Maybe we should put together a running list of songs?

EDIT:
9 to 5 by Dolly Parton
Everybody wants to rule the world
Conga
I ran (so far away)
Disco Inferno
Fire (?)

EDIT #2:

September
A little disappointed with this soundtrack. I would've liked it if they'd included only 70s and 60s tunes for continuity purposes as the last couple movies did, and I feel the inclusion of Tears For Fears and A Flock of Seagulls doesn't really fit the GOTG aesthetic. With that said I still really love their music, I just don't think GOTG works as well with 80s music in general (maybe that's just becase I also personally prefer 70s and 60s music myself). Other than that I am loving the majority of the other songs listed (maybe aside from September since that song is so overplayed). One other thing to mention is that James Gunn seems to be against using super overplayed songs such as September in his movies because they are just that. Volume 2 seemed to include some lesser known songs which I loved. That's always been something I've appreciated since there are so many underrated 70s and 60s tunes they could use for GOTG content, and in some instances they haven't (as is the case here). Anyways, that's just a minor nitpick. I'm hoping the rest of the attraction delivers.

Mickeynerd17

Although I still believe thematically this does not fit with EPCOT (Though the definition of epcot's theme I'm going with historically doesn't exactly exist anymore), I have no doubt this will be a fun coaster.

I think it would be wise to not compare this to UoE at all and treat it like MMRR to GMR. Unfortunately replaced a classic but a good ride in its own right.

At least everybody won't be clogging Test Track as much.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Ride looks good. I’m okay with it (will reserve judgement until I actually ride it)

But I’m thinking there is a Plan B. It is EPCOT after all.

5CB21140-7E8F-430F-BE2C-83A4F52E8DAF.jpeg

Would be lots of space.

Casper Gutman

To be fair, that's like the only really bad review I have seen in Twitter currently. Not saying he's wrong but one bad review amongst many good ones doesn't really matter.
Are the other reviews praising (or even evaluating) the on-ride theming, or are they simply saying it’s a fun coaster?

Casper Gutman

Maybe saying it is a "fun" coaster could mean both.
If the visuals and theming - you know, the things Disney is known for - are extraordinary, you’d expect some folks would say that. Saying that a coaster is “fun” isn’t saying much - most coasters are “fun.” Even the positive reviews here are essentially saying it’s Rock N Roller Coaster v2, which for what this ride cost, seems… questionable. Where did all the money go?

Disneyfanatic55

If the visuals and theming - you know, the things Disney is known for - are extraordinary, you’d expect some folks would say that. Saying that a coaster is “fun” isn’t saying much - most coasters are “fun.” Even the positive reviews here are essentially saying it’s Rock N Roller Coaster v2, which for what this ride cost, seems… questionable. Where did all the money go?
I agree with your opinion, I don't know how this costed as much as 450 m - 500 m.

doctornick

Yeah that is about right, but the sets are nothing really elaborate is what I was getting at.
If the ride is in constant motion then you wouldn’t expect them to be too detailed. I wonder if the physical items “do” anything via the projections or are they just static as you pass them.

My big question about the ride is do we get some humorous elements from the Guardians interacting the way we do in Mission Breakout? That to me is what sells that ride with the “quips” from the characters. Most of what we are hearing is about the physical movement of the ride, not what the story is or how it is executed.

Last edited:

Hawg G

Sounds like Space Mountain 3.0. Coaster in a dark box with some screens and minimal "set pieces". Hmmm, I think someone said that would be the case as the Diznoids speculated about all the amazing things that would be all throughout the ride.

Just how the $#% does Disney spend $400,000,000 on this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom