Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

Surferboy567

Original Poster
We’re getting a lot of conflicting reports. An article by blogmickey is saying that there’s a lift hill at the start, a backwards launch, and an upwards launch near the end of the ride. There’s also three large physical sets on the ride after the backwards launch.
That definitely makes things more interesting.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
20220417_171425.jpg

Yikes

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
To be fair, that's like the only really bad review I have seen in Twitter currently. Not saying he's wrong but one bad review amongst many good ones doesn't really matter.
I think the actual ride experience from the motion is incredibly fun, with many people overlooking the less than amazing visuals and sets. This is a ride that works on a different level. The overwhelming impression is that EPCOT’s Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind is a chaotic, crazy fun experience. Comparing it to Rise of Resistance, Cosmic Rewind is as "fun" as Rise of Resistance is "wow.”

Mikomike12

To be fair, that's like the only really bad review I have seen in Twitter currently. Not saying he's wrong but one bad review amongst many good ones doesn't really matter.
I remember rise having some bad reviews, literally saw someone saying it was a screen ride with nothing exciting going on

Surferboy567

Original Poster
I think the actual ride experience from the motion is incredibly fun, with many people overlooking the less than amazing visuals and sets. This is a ride that works on a different level. The overwhelming impression is that EPCOT’s Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind is a chaotic, crazy fun experience. Comparing it to Rise of Resistance, Cosmic Rewind is as "fun" as Rise of Resistance is "wow.”
It looks incredibly fun from what we have heard so far. I am excited.

Nordic4tKnight

Sometimes fun is better than wow

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Blog Mickey is reporting in their article that Rocket is not voiced by Bradley Cooper. That can’t be right?

Also Groot is not voiced by Vin Diesel. Though, that matters less.

Their report is a little more detailed in terms of what happens on the actual ride. Detailing the ride’s biggest drop (taller then Disneyland’s Space but not as steep). Happening after the 2nd? Launch.

The launch sequence seems to have a lot of really cool effects going on as well if accurate.

Via Blog Mickey.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You maybe had me right up until the last 5 words…I’m eager to see if that comparison “holds up”
I remember rise having some bad reviews, literally saw someone saying it was a screen ride with nothing exciting going on
So what are you saying?
Sometimes fun is better than wow
The quality of the ride is what will or won’t endure…no matter what labels are placed on it

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Blog Mickey is reporting in their article that Rocket is not voiced by Bradley Cooper. That can’t be right?

Also Groot is not voiced by Vin Diesel. Though, that matters less.

Their report is a little more detailed in terms of what happens on the actual ride. Detailing the ride’s biggest drop (steeper then Disneyland’s Space). Happening after the 2nd? Launch.

The launch sequence seems to have a lot of really cool effects going on as well if accurate.
I thought I had seen that somewhere else as well? That it’s another voice for rocket.

maxairmike

When I ran under that during the runDisney race I also don’t know how it makes it up that steep hill. I am assuming it’s that part of the building that connects Universe of Energy’s old building to Guardian’s gravity building.

This is all if it is that slow in terms of launch (which will feel fast during the attraction).

I can almost guarantee you that there are LSMs the whole way up the hill. Several different coasters have LSM “lifts” (Maverick and Lightning Rod are the two that come immediately to mind), and Mummy doesn’t launch until it’s on the incline.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom