Stevie Amsterdam

Went to Disney and the first rides I went was Avatar - Flight of Passage and Navi- River Journey. They were wonderful and a technological feat. Flight of Passage was thrilling and the Navi river journey was quite relaxing :) . I have my videos in my playlist

It's anticlimactic to not see the animatronic at the end :oops:

Jabbas

Went this weekend for the first time since they completed Pandora. While pandora is beautiful at night, Animial Kingdom is still complete underwhelming. I think after Epcot catches up after all the contraction this park will still need something. It’s still lacking compared to the other 3. Hollywood studios blew me out of the water with the new addition, it used to be the worst park.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Went this weekend for the first time since they completed Pandora. While pandora is beautiful at night, Animial Kingdom is still complete underwhelming. I think after Epcot catches up after all the contraction this park will still need something. It’s still lacking compared to the other 3. Hollywood studios blew me out of the water with the new addition, it used to be the worst park.

I think the reactions are to "Animal Kingdom is still completely underwhelming."

Among many park fans, DAK is considered one of the best parks.

But, everyone's entitled to their opinions. ;)

Jabbas

I think the reactions are to "Animal Kingdom is still completely underwhelming."

Among many park fans, DAK is considered one of the best parks.

But, everyone's entitled to their opinions. ;)

I had replied earlier that I was typing on my phone with my toddler in my lap, SORRY about the spelling.

Jabbas

Spelling isn't the issue. It's calling a park very highly regarded by many as underwhelming. It was the opinion that got the reactions, not any typos.

That’s why it is called an opinion. We all have different views, and there is nothing wrong with that. But regardless, you replied to another comment of mine and it seemed a little snarky. I’m not here for petty comments or judgment, I’m here for my love of Disney. Inside and outside of the parks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That’s why it is called an opinion. We all have different views, and there is nothing wrong with that. But regardless, you replied to another comment of mine and it seemed a little snarky. I’m not here for petty comments or judgment, I’m here for my love of Disney. Inside and outside of the parks.

You wondered if people's reactions were to your spelling. I told you what they were reacting to. That's all.

TrainsOfDisney

While pandora is beautiful at night, Animial Kingdom is still complete underwhelming.

DAK is a very different park. But I think it’s by far the most cohesive park in the USA right now. The only thing that is out of place is Dino-land and it does work thematically even though it shouldn’t be there.

The park feels the most complete to me. But I also enjoy spending time watching the animals and exploring the details.

The Grand Inquisitor

DAK is a very different park. But I think it’s by far the most cohesive park in the USA right now. The only thing that is out of place is Dino-land and it does work thematically even though it shouldn’t be there.

The park feels the most complete to me. But I also enjoy spending time watching the animals and exploring the details.
I agree! Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom are the best Disney parks in my opinion. EPCOT and Hollywood Studios still need a lot more work.

Professortango1

I agree about AK. I love the design and feel of the park, but before Pandora opened, we visited and had seen everything except for the bird show by 1 in the afternoon. We were going to stay for the nighttime experience, but after riding Everest about 4 times in a row and rain coming in, we decided to head back to the hotel around 5. I wouldn't even call it a half day park at that point. I haven't had a chance to visit Pandora, so I'm excited to see what that brings.

I will say, as a CA native, I was way oversold on Festival of the Lion King. A big vacuous warehouse with the parade floats DIsneyland had in the 90's parked around the arena. For a land rooted in such realism, I was hoping for a more artistic and imaginative show, not an actor in a Timon Meet and Greet costume and cartoonish parade floats parked around with lip syncing to pre-recorded music.

Nemo was cute, but even if it was still around, not sure I'd watch it again. Kali River Rapids is one of the worst raft rides I have ever experienced. Its short, boring, and you don't even get that wet. I feel like it serves no function. Safari was phenomenal and the trails were really cool. But they only take up so much time. Hopefully a redo of Dinoland will help complete the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom