One Little Spark 3: The Spark Squad - Main Competition Thread

Chaos Cat

Okay, now that the project are submitted, can I please be allowed to peek at Max Rebo's PMs for this round? I have to know what you guys' reaction was to learning you had to work in [honking] Alien into your project.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Thank you for your submissions, teams!!!

With @b-wolf95 and @PerGron both exiting the game at this point, I’ll be making one last adjustment and moving a player from Max Rebo over to John Deere to help keep the teams balanced for the final prompt ahead of the finale….

Which will be posted tomorrow morning.

Meanwhile, enjoy some time to let your minds rest. Relaxation is good for the soul. That way you’ll all be ready to return to this space and prepared to power through the next challenge and make your Imagineering dreams a reality!

Goodnight loves. 💜😈

Chaos Cat

I mean, there’s not much for him to see lol. Mostly just us wondering why they didn’t give us something weirder. I don’t have a problem with it, though.
Oh, we weren't aiming for weird. You guys had Tiki; he would of easily turned it in a meme project if we gave you something truly out there.

We were aiming for an evil IP. An IP that so absolutely does not fit Fort Wilderness that you would have to completely redo the entire area just to make it fit. (Our other choice was Tron; even less fitting setting but lacking the horror edge of Alien)

Obviously, we did not account for the fact that you would keep the IP confined to the water park.

spacemt354

Chili's
0MPJzpa.jpg

GAMMA-INFUSED GUEST REVIEWS

9QJj6gbI3j9-asIvkGPmcmW_8tA6B0dNp09_Q5d3LLN8hh_WQ7yr5aREvuLNQArZmiP2SWohSd2d_T8zpoex2SUTBpZhflP8jy7L0k2L4ssc3Nsoq-nwTWohmS-K1UbqXiA5tchF

TEAM JOHN DEERE
ROCK ‘N RIVER COUNTRY & PORT MUSICALE

Right up front, I have no firsthand experience with any of the WDW areas featured in this prompt.

Anyway…Cop Rock! It took a little figuring out, but eventually you evolved that poison pill into an overarching musical theme for your revamps. These past 24 hours were especially fruitful with the unexpected return of @spacemt354, who was able to revive your flagging energies with some desperate last-minute Imagineering. Most of what’s in the presentation was fashioned from scratch just today, if I’m not mistaken.

I must admit that I’ve never been a fan of these music-themed park ideas which everyone always bandies about. Music as an overarching theme simply doesn’t seem concrete or visual enough; it’s not something which suggests specific locations or architecture. The redo of River Country as Rock ‘n River Country confirms that. On a visual level, very little seems to be altered from the real world park with its rustic assortment of rockwork slides. There’s merely an overlay of odd symbols such as musical notes or oversized instruments. It’s all rather abstract, perhaps in that chintzy value resort sort of way. I will say, though, that the integration of specific songs playing throughout the park is well done. This almost feels like an interesting after hours overlay than a wholly up-from-the-ground new water park concept.

The Port Musicale hotel complex is a much more triumphant effort. Broadway musicals make for a surprisingly effective resort theme. It helps in this section that you’ve included plenty of evocative images to sell the Manhattan Art Deco elegance. @Shannoninthemagic has a noted passion for musical theater, if I’m not mistaken, and that passion comes across here. Amenities such as restaurants are given brief yet effective overviews. The Central Park retheme of the Fort Wilderness campsites is a little more awkward, like you’re trying to force together several things which don’t quite fit. It feels a little daft to decorate a rustic cabin to Hello Dolly, for example.

9QJj6gbI3j9-asIvkGPmcmW_8tA6B0dNp09_Q5d3LLN8hh_WQ7yr5aREvuLNQArZmiP2SWohSd2d_T8zpoex2SUTBpZhflP8jy7L0k2L4ssc3Nsoq-nwTWohmS-K1UbqXiA5tchF

THE MAX REBO BAND
MAELSTROM BEACH

Okay, Maelstrom Beach is kinda a distracting name since this has nothing to do with Epcot!

The whole of Maelstrom Beach, as presented, feels like a water park adaptation of your assigned Alien IP. I’m slightly confused about what exactly this park is…what is its backstory, its setting, its target audience. There was plenty of fruitful debate in your PM about whether to do this indoors or outdoors, whether to do it as a boutique water park in the Galactic Starcruiser style, and I fear that the final presentation doesn’t address these intriguing possibilities.

That being said, there are a few distinctly ambitious aspects to the project which I’d like to call out. (Thanks for providing credits.) @montydysquith-navarro clearly put a lot of work into organizing the website. While the multitude of pages (and a few weird site redirects) made chronological navigation a challenge, its’ a strong effort. Similarly, the water slide descriptions from @TheOriginalTiki stand out for being particularly more fleshed-out than the other park features.

Those water slides are extremely well-themed, well beyond anything I think we’ve seen before in a water park. On its own, the alien queen raft ride especially seems like the best possible marriage of Alien and water park. I like the jump scares! I wish that the descriptions for everything else – for the pools & splash zones & dining & retail & amenities – were as lovingly realized. These were, in contrast, rather basic, like a single sentence given its own page about the presence of lockers.

The prompt also called for a total revamp of the Fort Wilderness area in addition to the River Country redo. All I see is a quick paragraph describing how Fort Wilderness remains unchanged. Did you all forget to do this?​
Thank you for the quick reviews! I also see you used the @James G. Americana 1900 page breaks between reviews - nice touch!

OvertheHorizon

Team John Deere

Things I loved: Overall good description of the updated River Country with music theming. Creative inclusion of the Cop Rock requirement (that doesn’t spoil the overall effect). As a fan of Broadway musicals, I liked Port Musicale Resort. However, I’m not sure how well it fits with the overall vibe of River Country (and yes, I realize that the campgrounds are being re-themed).

Suggestions: Spell check. Spray music whenever music is played?

The Max Rebo Band

Things I loved: Creative opening that drew us into the story and explains the inclusion of an Aliens theme. I liked the idea of Maelstrom Beach Water Park (perhaps I’m being nostalgic over the loss of Maelstrom at the Norway pavilion). Creative naming/theming for the lazy river.

Suggestions: The presentation – multiple sites to enter – was a bit confusing. Even after perusing the entire project, I wondered if I’d seen everything. Maybe the outer space dining experience could have tied into Aliens more.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
7502539E-286B-44C0-86CC-DD27B24674FE.jpeg

REVIEWS

John Deere

For starters, I love this presentation. It’s simple, easy to read, well organized, and does its job effectively.

You didn’t have to go all the way back to the 1970s for this project, but you did it anyway!

Beginning with Rock N River Country; Music as an overall theme can be tricky, but you did a wonderful job tackling it here. I’m particularly enamored with the “songs by decade” soundtrack elements in different areas of the water park. And the rationale behind the different decades based on changes in the park, I really appreciate that feature. That 90s/00s soundtrack!!! I would stay there all day! Idk who chose the songs (no credits section), but they did an awesome job!

The Cop Rock dancing security team 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

In reality I’m not sure how well this would work, particularly against the more reverent tone of the Magic Kingdom resort area as a whole, but it’s definitely a fun and creative effort!

Port Musicale by contrast feels like it would fit right in to its surroundings. It’s upscale, like most of the Magic Kingdom resort area, and is described here beautifully. Everything has a story and a reason to exist. I fancy Cafe on Broadway in particular, that would be a truly enjoyable experience.

This project has @Shannoninthemagic fingerprints all over it and I love to see it. Their passion for musical theater permitted throughout this project and I really enjoyed seeing them get their moment to shine!

Great job overall!

Max Rebo

I have to commend you right away for attempting something characteristically off the wall. Both in terms of your presentation and the content itself, this was a wild ride!

As soon as I clicked the first link I said out loud “ooooo this is immersive!” And most of you know how much I LOVE stuff like that. The first page set the tone nicely and had me buying in right away. Thank you @Imagineer Brandon

You did not have to go all in on Alien yet you chose to do so. It’s such a terrible IP to be saddled with for a project like this, but contrary to John Deere, Max Rebo chose to completely embrace their forced IP choice and make it the overall theme of basically the entire project.

That said, the presentation ended up being a little difficult to follow. Much praise to @montydysquith-navarro for attempting something so ambitious! It just needed a little tidying up.

Maelstrom Beach Water Park is overall extremely successful. Your attractions/slides are all presented in stellar detail. @TheOriginalTiki did an excellent job with those! You managed to incorporate Alien into every element of the water park with out it ever really feeling forced. This all seems bizarrely natural and it’s kind of weird honestly! I can’t say why I think it works so well, it just does.

I’m glad you have some themed beverages. I love me some themed beverages. The amenities section feels a little tacked on. It’s almost like you didn’t really need it.

Unfortunately it looks like Fort Wilderness was simply left alone completely, which is such a bummer because had you tied the resort into the water park this could have been an all time great project. As it is, you’ve got this fully immersive sci-go water park experience juxtaposed with an old fashioned camp ground style resort. I’m salivating at the idea of giving Fort Wilderness the same level of immersion as the “Backstage Area.” Staying on an abandoned campsite inhabited by aliens, with little reminders of the ever-present danger,…give it to me!!

I love everything you do have here, I just wish it had been fully realized because it could have been truly epic!!

But wonderful job nonetheless!

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 628102

REVIEWS

John Deere

For starters, I love this presentation. It’s simple, easy to read, well organized, and does its job effectively.

You didn’t have to go all the way back to the 1970s for this project, but you did it anyway!

Beginning with Rock N River Country; Music as an overall theme can be tricky, but you did a wonderful job tackling it here. I’m particularly enamored with the “songs by decade” soundtrack elements in different areas of the water park. And the rationale behind the different decades based on changes in the park, I really appreciate that feature. That 90s/00s soundtrack!!! I would stay there all day! Idk who chose the songs (no credits section), but they did an awesome job!

The Cop Rock dancing security team 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

In reality I’m not sure how well this would work, particularly against the more reverent tone of the Magic Kingdom resort area as a whole, but it’s definitely a fun and creative effort!

Port Musicale by contrast feels like it would fit right in to its surroundings. It’s upscale, like most of the Magic Kingdom resort area, and is described here beautifully. Everything has a story and a reason to exist. I fancy Cafe on Broadway in particular, that would be a truly enjoyable experience.

This project has @Shannoninthemagic fingerprints all over it and I love to see it. Their passion for musical theater permitted throughout this project and I really enjoyed seeing them get their moment to shine!

Great job overall!

Max Rebo

I have to commend you right away for attempting something characteristically off the wall. Both in terms of your presentation and the content itself, this was a wild ride!

As soon as I clicked the first link I said out loud “ooooo this is immersive!” And most of you know how much I LOVE stuff like that. The first page set the tone nicely and had me buying in right away. Thank you @Imagineer Brandon

You did not have to go all in on Alien yet you chose to do so. It’s such a terrible IP to be saddled with for a project like this, but contrary to John Deere, Max Rebo chose to completely embrace their forced IP choice and make it the overall theme of basically the entire project.

That said, the presentation ended up being a little difficult to follow. Much praise to @montydysquith-navarro for attempting something so ambitious! It just needed a little tidying up.

Maelstrom Beach Water Park is overall extremely successful. Your attractions/slides are all presented in stellar detail. @TheOriginalTiki did an excellent job with those! You managed to incorporate Alien into every element of the water park with out it ever really feeling forced. This all seems bizarrely natural and it’s kind of weird honestly! I can’t say why I think it works so well, it just does.

I’m glad you have some themed beverages. I love me some themed beverages. The amenities section feels a little tacked on. It’s almost like you didn’t really need it.

Unfortunately it looks like Fort Wilderness was simply left alone completely, which is such a bummer because had you tied the resort into the water park this could have been an all time great project. As it is, you’ve got this fully immersive sci-go water park experience juxtaposed with an old fashioned camp ground style resort. I’m salivating at the idea of giving Fort Wilderness the same level of immersion as the “Backstage Area.” Staying on an abandoned campsite inhabited by aliens, with little reminders of the ever-present danger,…give it to me!!

I love everything you do have here, I just wish it had been fully realized because it could have been truly epic!!

But wonderful job nonetheless!
I wonder we can do Roger Rabbit attractions / land at Disney's Hollywood Studios or a sequel to Who Framed Roger Rabbit soon?

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
w2uglvP.png

4J0rDeO.png

Hahaha!!! Welcome to the CHAOSverse!!! My own special little corner of Imagineering where anything goes, and taking a risk is the reward!!

The CHAOSverse truly began in July of 2017 with my Epcot 2032 project, where I presented major updates to the Imagination and Seas pavilions, as well as the park as a whole.

5RI26h5.png

The CHAOSverse is also where I killed The Joker.

Ia9vx2B.png

FPR9QO3.png

But for this prompt, we’re going back to my favorite Imagineering competition of all time, Sorcerer’s Apprentice 7!!

This was a game of truly epic scale, bringing out the absolute best from the entire cast. In the end, my co-host @Pi on my Cake took home the Golden Broomstick, and The Hat. I took third place honors in the game, with a project that we will be revisiting in this Act.

The Stark Expo.

8JDDX0R.png

For this project, Disneyland’s Tomorrowland was entirely reimagined to become a land based on Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The Stark Expo and its headliner Ironheart attraction can be reviewed more thoroughly here:

However for this prompt, I want to bring your attention to one very small but very important paragraph from the introduction of the project:

xDh9aK1.png

Friends, that day has come.

For this prompt, you will be completing the reimagining of Tomorrowland as it began with The Stark Expo.

The area you’ll be working with, as seen in the real world, is outlined in purple:

m1KXueJ.png

Your challenge is to redevelop this region of what used to be northern Tomorrowland. This can be a Marvel-centric expansion, a Fantasyland expansion, or something entirely new and different! (You may not close or otherwise alter existing Stark Expo or Fantasyland attractions!)
This takes place in present day, so keep that in mind with any IP or technology choices. This also takes place in the CHAOSverse so Avengers Campus and Galaxy’s Edge do not exist!
The only requirement is you MUST include a Monorail station.
Outside of that, and utilizing only original or Disney-owned IP, anything goes!!!

This is tentatively due on Sunday, March 27th at 11:59pm WDW time. (If both teams end up needing more time, we will make reasonable accommodations).

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
john-deer-logo-png.624422

Presents a new addition to the Chaosverse...

Reading Music

Credits:
Gotham City - @spacemt354
Mysteries of Wayne Manor - @NateD1226
Arkham Adventure - @spacemt354
Batmobile Power Run - @Honey Bee (Rebooted)
Gotham Shops/Amenities - @Shannoninthemagic
Toontown Warner Bros Expansion - @MANEATINGWREATH *

Last edited:

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No

Reading Music

Credits:
Toontown Warner Bros Expansion - @DisneyFan32

Excellent choice of reading music! If I may offer a slightly less professional sounding and more self-promoting alternative… 😉

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
MickeyWaffleCo.’s
Short, Sweet, and Unofficial
Team Deere Guest Review
This is an awesome project, guys! Everyone involved deserves a pat on the back! This land is almost entirely perfect, with only a couple minor criticisms (which I’ll present in bullet point format, along with some of my favorite highlights!)​
  • Gotham is amazing, and I love that you thought of putting it on the “second floor” of the park. This makes a lot of sense for Disney, too, as Autopia is technically the second floor already, and Submarine Voyage forms the base of this part of Tomorrowland.​
  • @spacemt354 ’s description of the city’s tone and inspirations is fantastic, but I do wish that the tone was maintained a bit more consistently in the city’s attractions. For instance, while the Batmobile Power Run is darker, grittier, and fits well with the city’s theme, Arkham Adventure feels really bright, zany, and a bit too cartoon-like in comparison.​
  • Each individual attraction, however, is amazing in its own right. Arkham Adventure in particular sounds like a lot of fun (though more description of the ride system besides “hybrid dark ride” would have been appreciated.) Actually, if anything I would say that the land is almost too oversaturated with good attractions!​
  • I do think that Mysteries of Wayne Manor would have worked better as a walk-through attraction. As it is now, the storyline feels a little anticlimactic, and I think a walk-through could have served the “let guests enter the Batcave” goal a bit better. The attraction (and its use of a bus-bar ride system, which I love) is still great, though.​
  • The dining and shopping throughout the land are top-notch and are all genius additions. The Iceberg Lounge in particular I could see being a runner-up to the Blue Bayou in terms of themed dining.​
  • Lastly, @DisneyFan32 ’s new ToonTown is some of the most creative and detailed Armchair Imagineering I’ve ever seen in a competition project, and I’m glad he finally got to design his dream ToonTown Transit attraction!​
Excellent job, Teem Deere!

spacemt354

Chili's
Lastly, @DisneyFan32 ’s new ToonTown is some of the most creative and detailed Armchair Imagineering I’ve ever seen in a competition project, and I’m glad he finally got to design his dream ToonTown Transit attraction!
Excellent job, Teem Deere!
Credit on that should be to @MANEATINGWREATH as DisneyFan copied it from his Dream Disney Resort thread with no credit.

Free advertising for MEW!

JokersWild

Reading Music

Credits:
Toontown Warner Bros Expansion - @DisneyFan32

How dare you put Mad Hatter with the C-Tier villains. He's unironically one of the best Batman villains. Also it's EGGHEAD. Plz fix.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom