News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

tl77

Respectfully…do you mean the type of people who 30 years ago bought their points for $42 and were give handfuls of annual pass vouchers and refillable mugs??

…I think you see where I’m going with this?

Not that I disagree with your points. But the generations and mentalities have changed.

That’s the last person Disney wants now. They want people that buy points for a fixed two bedroom in a fixed spot at a fixed time, pay per day for the parks, buy Christmas parties and afterhours and can’t get enough of the Epcot food booths.
Actually it was $15 a point in the beginning, and if they didn't want us they shouldn't have had 50 year contracts

tl77

That is EXACTLY what happened at wilderness lodge. Couldn’t book it at $350 a night

So they convert it to unthemed DVC, call it something different, and the praetorians gobbled it up at twice the price of the themed block 75 feet away.

Like a scam
Out of a sitcom
But any existing DVC member can book there, that was the whole idea of "The Club" but every new offering is a little less impressive than the original offerings... Copper Creek is a nice place to stay though, huge improvement over the first Ploy DVC options

correcaminos

Everything you said gave me that information... Thinking that buying into a club with yearly dues for an old hotel room with 2 showers was the biggest red flag

But the good news is now that you've acknowledged that you're the problem maybe you can take steps to change

Because you're clearly in the denial if you think everything I tried to tell are "just opinions"

Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, and Bay Lake Tower always go the fastest... If you don't book an Old Key West Grand Villa at 11 months you won't get one, they have 27 grand villas there and only the people who own there can book at 11 months

And I'm not going to waste my time.... AGAIN... telling you that you could fit more Old Key West style buildings on that space at the Ploy, that they chose to build a smaller cheaper high rise... because you keep ignoring NUMBERS like that...

NUMBERS are FACTS not OPINIONS

Believing that over price tiny rooms that are close to the park are "good" is not only an opinion... it's a problem for both Disney's "Deluxe" Hotels and DVC's ...the "belief/theory" that they can charge anyone anything is the real problem
I am not sure you have facts here correctly. BLT is often more available than VGF and even BCV or BWV. Sure OKW GVs book up but not entirely at 11 months either. The HH GV does. I have several friends who are not OKW owners who have had a GV there in the past. I booked one but opted to move inside of 7 months as well with a combo of my OKW and PVB points.

WL is quicker to book up than some but I have easily gotten in at 7 months. With BRV refubs it is harder to find next year. CCV is harder than BRV in my experience.

For the record I think it was you, but if not, just go with it. Who wants 2 showers in a studio? We do. I was just there with my 14yo and we were both using the showers at the same time. I loved it. I actually hope that they can find a way to do 2 showers in the 1 bedroom at this new build. It would be ideal for us.

Disney does have an issue with overpricing their rooms. They are not close to real 5 star resorts or upscale really. They are nice for what they are, but overpriced. Part of why we jumped to DVC.
But any existing DVC member can book there, that was the whole idea of "The Club" but every new offering is a little less impressive than the original offerings... Copper Creek is a nice place to stay though, huge improvement over the first Ploy DVC options
I will be owning at both and I totally disagree. The like for like rooms really do give the edge to the Polynesian to us. The studios are better sized. The extra shower is incredibly useful. The views from the bungalows are beyond words. We prefer plunge pools to hot tubs in the summer. I don't think CCV was a huge improvement in rooms. Only in that they offered 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms. They'll be fixing that with PVB soon enough though.

Stripped down…but enjoy your stay
No trip planned. Not stripped down either. Closer to the lodge rooms and not the more rustic BRV is. We prefer CCV theme to BRV tbh. But we bought resale as I couldn't stomach the $6k difference. I could afford it but the difference was too great.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not coming off well here

WL 2.0 satisfied a definite DVC need…because the original block was too small and the demand was high.

I get that…I see the desire to stay in its. Not really the desire to buy it…but to each their own.

But the reason it’s there is 101% because the occupancy at the hotel was falling to 50%…which is about 35-45% below acceptable baseline.

That’s my wheelhouse…or was.

It is what it is…people that bought it are happy and I’m happy for them…but the reasons and rollout are what they are. Personal truth isn’t always the same as objective truth

Ayla

Why not pay for something cheaper? We hated, and I mean hated MDE and always paid for either a rental or a car service. Also as an FYI I have found National to be routinely cheaper than Alamo lately when booking directly. The standard aisle is same as Emerald Aisle and found decent prices. We have $400 for 8 days with them in a midsize (which often has SUVs or even Mini vans in the row). I find the upcharge for SUVs to be bad if you can go down in size to a car. We are DVC owners and do like having small meals in the room. We went on a quick trip and tried all meals with Disney and that got old fast honestly. Their QS breakfasts stink in many cases. I wound up buying bagels I could toast in the room. Only a studio.

I have read this thread a lot while I was at Disney earlier this week and I have to admit I a thrilled by the news. I am a PVB owner and will either sell my original PVB and buy direct or something similar to get 1 bedrooms. Polynesian is our absolute favorite. We are closing on a resale for CCV which is another favorite too. I would be happy only staying at those and OKW or SSR. Though we do have to do an official stay at RR just to get it in. This location is wonderful though I prefer being closer to the TTC. We were just in a studio with me and my 14 year old only which was fine. If there are 3 of us, we do 2 rooms. Having a 1 or 2 bedroom is our preference.
I check Costco and Alamo weekly. Alamo is always the cheapest for the car class we need.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Huh? If you are talking CCV they are themed and we actually quite like them. Stayed there without owning there but decided to add on via resale. Maybe I'm the idiot for liking it, but I thought it was well themed. Better than BRV IMO.
Definitely not the idiot for liking it. Some among us are very jaded and always see the negative in anything Disney does these days. Understandable in certain situations. Opinions will vary.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They’re pulling the dvcs mostly from the deluxe inventory they can’t sell. Pretty simple progression there.
Makes sense. The more DVC rooms added at the deluxe resort means more points sold and as a result more people you take away from the pool who would pay for those deluxe hotel rooms. In basic economics adding DVC owners is reducing deluxe resort demand so if supply isn’t also reduced you get empty rooms. The hotel rooms are now marketed more for one time or infrequent visitors who are dropping big money on a once in a lifetime or once in a while Disney trip. $600+ a night for Poly seems less extreme when it’s a one time trip vs paying that every year. They have been pushing regular visitors towards buying into DVC and prepaying for their rooms. That’s not to say there aren’t still some people who go every year and stay at a deluxe hotel room but that crowd is shrinking hence the repurposing of rooms to DVC.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Makes sense. The more DVC rooms added at the deluxe resort means more points sold and as a result more people you take away from the pool who would pay for those deluxe hotel rooms. In basic economics adding DVC owners is reducing deluxe resort demand so if supply isn’t also reduced you get empty rooms. The hotel rooms are now marketed more for one time or infrequent visitors who are dropping big money on a once in a lifetime or once in a while Disney trip. $600+ a night for Poly seems less extreme when it’s a one time trip vs paying that every year. They have been pushing regular visitors towards buying into DVC and prepaying for their rooms. That’s not to say there aren’t still some people who go every year and stay at a deluxe hotel room but that crowd is shrinking hence the repurposing of rooms to DVC.
Correct…

But in this case iger’s price increases outkicked the desire for deluxes and that’s why the inventory glut occurred and continues to.

As two buildings are being gutted at GF right now

Haymarket2008

Can’t wait to see posters of Disney/Pixar movies with South Asian/Polynesian language type and murals and paintings of films that have nothing to do with the Polynesian islands.

Looking at you, Riviera.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Two? I know Big Pine Key is being converted but which other?
You’re right…I got my wires crossed.

I was thinking boca chica would be needed to get to 200 units.

Come to think of it…how the hell are they getting 200 out of that? There weren’t that many rooms at the grand to begin with?🤔

correcaminos

Definitely not the idiot for liking it. Some among us are very jaded and always see the negative in anything Disney does these days. Understandable in certain situations. Opinions will vary.
I have absolutely negative comments and feelings myself. This is just not one of them I guess. I am also a long standing lover of Polynesian and my favorite childhood memory is visiting the resort on our first trip. We stayed there 4 years later. I suppose I'm more open to some changes. I'm positively negative about others though.

I check Costco and Alamo weekly. Alamo is always the cheapest for the car class we need.
That's my point I was trying to tell you. National has beat Alamo the last 4 trips for me. I haven't seen Alamo cheaper even through Costco or autoslash since 2020. But really a car service would be much cheaper if you don't need a car. Or ride share service if you do want to go offsite a lot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom