News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

SpaceMountain77

I was blue skying that if CBR eventually became the DVC corner part of its allure would be hosting the main station of the skyliner system. We got off topic and we’re wondering how long that resort has left and if the Riviera was a hint of what’s to come over there.

Honestly, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort exists on borrowed time. Both Barbados and Martinique were removed, creating an odd flanking of a moderate resort around the Riviera, a deluxe resort. Moreover, the Skyliner towers through Aruba and Jamaica, with unthemed supports that can be touched from the balcony of at least two buildings.

Barefoot Bay could easily become the next Crescent Lake.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Honestly, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort exists on borrowed time. Both Barbados and Martinique were removed, creating an odd flanking of a moderate resort around the Riviera, a deluxe resort. Moreover, the Skyliner towers through Aruba and Jamaica, with unthemed supports that can be touched from the balcony of at least two buildings.

Barefoot Bay could easily become the next Crescent Lake.
Nope…part of Martinique was taken…so I half agree there

But Caribbean is not a “prime location” because they tried to hint at that when they built that awful tower. It’s not good.

The skyliner is an acknowledgment of that in an attempt to sell those rooms at a much higher rate…which curiously hasn’t happened yet.

Caribbean also has always been one of the highest occupancy locations. For some reason…it’s attractive. I’ll never know why.

The reason crescent lake is what it is…is because of the direct access combined with the convention facilities and lodging/restaurant amenities to support them.

Nothing like that exists on the other side of dirty buena vista drive.

Don’t look for “mecca” to be coming over there. One bad DVC?…yes?

castlecake2.0

Nope…part of Martinique was taken…so I half agree there

But Caribbean is not a “prime location” because they tried to hint at that when they built that awful tower. It’s not good.

The skyliner is an acknowledgment of that in an attempt to sell those rooms at a much higher rate…which curiously hasn’t happened yet.

Caribbean also has always been one of the highest occupancy locations. For some reason…it’s attractive. I’ll never know why.

The reason crescent lake is what it is…is because of the direct access combined with the convention facilities and lodging/restaurant amenities to support them.

Nothing like that exists on the other side of dirty buena vista drive.

Don’t look for “mecca” to be coming over there. One bad DVC?…yes?
Do you think there will be another crescent lake type area in the future? With swan reserve now complete is there any room left to expand? The yacht tower?

Sir_Cliff

Something to think about for those who want to put a positive spin on this is to consider how Disney just refurbished Splash Mountain, one of their premier attractions in their most-attended park. On that project, most of the indoor show elements were left in poor condition and basically untouched. In terms of the exterior, they repainted about half of the leaves in the briar patch and left the rest visibly old and faded. They also repainted a small section of the exterior of the mountain, but in an entirely different colour to the rest of the mountain. So, why not build some condos in the middle of the Polynesian resort?

Disney in 2022 is not a company that cares about details and theming. They still charge as though they do, however.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Do you think there will be another crescent lake type area in the future? With swan reserve now complete is there any room left to expand? The yacht tower?
I think they still see some merit in doing a buildout at River country and fleshing that out more…sorts “crescent lake” esque. But the campground is a little mismatched

Around crescent? I don’t see them putting anything in the mgm lot…so probably nothing new

But at yacht or an expansion of beach? Yeah I could see that. If they hadn’t expanded the yacht club convention center 10 years ago?…probably would already have a DVC there.

UNCgolf

I think the only way there could be another Crescent Lake area is if they built a fifth gate that was close to Animal Kingdom. Then people could have quick access to two parks just like at Crescent Lake.

That seems incredibly unlikely, though.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My original thought was they might include it in the building, but I'm assuming they couldn't dig out an underground deck there and I don't think there's enough room to do anything above ground without severely cutting into the number of rooms.
Like kidani? Yeah…that’s a good call
Are you kidding?! That's a pure revenue source now!
The number of pay spots doesn’t determine how many cars show up

Those 1971 lots are VERY profitable 👍🏻

MrPromey

I was blue skying that if CBR eventually became the DVC corner part of its allure would be hosting the main station of the skyliner system. We got off topic and we’re wondering how long that resort has left and if the Riviera was a hint of what’s to come over there.
Okay, thanks for the clarification. I've been reading in pieces and somehow went right past the CBR part of your comment!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom