News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

ohioguy

The sight line from Magic Kingdom is going to be horrendous. Old Disney would have tried to avoid it.

The luau has been around since the Polynesian was built and it's yet another demise of a charming feature that once made Disney special. "Come celebrate the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World by watching us kill a beloved classic performance that's as old as the resort itself!"

I suppose Hoop-De-Doo is next....

TikibirdLand

Back to poly. Where’s the parking lot going?
Well, it's obvious isn't it? They'll be building a parking garage, Moana and Friends. Unfortunately, Aotearoa and Tonga long houses will have go. But, that's progress, isn't it? Don't worry, they'll theme the garage with brown beams sticking from its roof to simulate the theme. It'll be magical!

John park hopper

Gray concrete parking garage that should fit right in with the poly
iu.jpeg

pdude81

There is no space there for a parking garage, unless they put it at the ground floor like Kidani. Parking at Poly is usually not full so perhaps they would feel comfortable just using that. Also keep in mind they were thinking about chopping up the existing parking lot for this years ago before deciding to raze the Luau.

And if they chose to make this a new association, they "could" potentially offer it without free parking. Then you'd pay the same ransom as cash guests if you had a car.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There is no space there for a parking garage, unless they put it at the ground floor like Kidani. Parking at Poly is usually not full so perhaps they would feel comfortable just using that. Also keep in mind they were thinking about chopping up the existing parking lot for this years ago before deciding to raze the Luau.

And if they chose to make this a new association, they "could" potentially offer it without free parking. Then you'd pay the same ransom as cash guests if you had a car.
Yeah…I’m not convinced they are worried about parking. Remember that far fewer people drive than when they original lots were laid. And the last thing they want there is “extra firework capacity”

OG Runner

I am sure if they need extra parking they could take some from the Magic Kingdom parking.
The trams would just need to make longer trips to the Ticket & Transportation center. They
could even use trams from the parking lot to the new resort.

lazyboy97o

There is plenty of space for a garage if that is the desire. Hotels with Monorail are required to have 1.3 parking spaces per room.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The sight line from Magic Kingdom is going to be horrendous. Old Disney would have tried to avoid it.

The luau has been around since the Polynesian was built and it's yet another demise of a charming feature that once made Disney special. "Come celebrate the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World by watching us kill a beloved classic performance that's as old as the resort itself!"

ahem, no it was just the latest iteration of a luau show and IMHO, the worst one.

lewisc

There is plenty of space for a garage if that is the desire. Hotels with Monorail are required to have 1.3 parking spaces per room.
Required by who? Is it a local, Reedy Creek, requirement? Cheapest option would be a section of MK lot closest to POLY. Disney could run tram or golf carts. Could just add signage for walking. Could use it for valet.

I'll speculate walking would be Disney's choice

Ayla

If they intend to keep check-in at the main desk, they can say one isn't needed. If parking is a complaint from guests, Disney can suggest valet and poof no parking issue.
Parking at the Poly has been a complaint of guests for many years. Whether that is conveyed to Disney or not, I don't know, but there is a lot of complaining about it online.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

The Bobs have followed a systematic pattern of eliminating this kinda thing for 15 years. My guess is their analysis is that the old guard that remembers these things are standing in the way of expanding new clientele that does not and has no need to question their moves toward micro transactions as the standard

Enemy -#1 is the “Remember the gold key card? When everything was included and the food was fantastic?”

…in favor of “personalize your upgrades experience with $35 off a $568 night at art of animation and front of the line access with lightning lane for a ten year old junior coaster at magic kingdom”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Parking at the Poly has been a complaint of guests for many years. Whether that is conveyed to Disney or not, I don't know, but there is a lot of complaining about it online.
Poly is also one of the few places where people Congregate in smoking areas too

You have fo assess the clientele. A lot of complaints at old key about EVERYTHING as well. My MIL was leading a rally there last week.

castlecake2.0

I think the islands in the lagoon will help create a screen
Poly is also one of the few places where people Congregate in smoking areas too

You have fo assess the clientele. A lot of complaints at old key about EVERYTHING as well. My MIL was leading a rally there last week.
Ohh now I want to know the OKW tea

lazyboy97o

Required by who? Is it a local, Reedy Creek, requirement? Cheapest option would be a section of MK lot closest to POLY. Disney could run tram or golf carts. Could just add signage for walking. Could use it for valet.

I'll speculate walking would be Disney's choice
Yes, the requirement comes from the RCID Land Development Regulations but despite what so many think, the District doesn’t just wave requirements at Disney’s every whim and has a reputation for strict enforcement. Disney knows people are driving.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom