Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney4Lyfe

I saw this earlier and honestly there was no way in. Your comments kind of tugged for those of us who lived it. We would have wanted to be there but when doors are literally locked and it is 10pm at night there is nothing to do.

I'm not following any of this and am curious what you mean. There are no mandates universally upheld at this time. Mandates have nothing to do with FDA approving. In fact you need approval before you can attempt to madate.
You’re wrong. Many areas mandated vaccines from 5 up to participate in society.

Disney4Lyfe

We've really been talking about EUA for under 5 not full approval.

The three things, EUA, CDC recommendations, and full approval are all very independent.

Nothing stops any area from mandating at any of those stages, but it's really not likely until full approval has occurred. Actually getting full approval is all about the safety and efficacy data. That some group may mandate after full approval will have no impact at all on if full approval happens or not once it's applied for.

The idea to mandate would have more to do with the recommendations than the approval.

EUA and full approval are science and medical decisions. They're concerned with safety and efficacy.
Recommendations and mandates are policy decisions. They're concerned with public health outcomes.

While the policy decisions depend on the science ones, the science ones don't care about the policy. Keeping policy out of the FDA is best.
Many words. I’m simply telling you what they said before they approved 5-11. They were worried it would get mandated. And then, it did.

correcaminos

You’re wrong. Many areas mandated vaccines from 5 up to participate in society.
Not wrong. They mandated after approval. Not before. The EAU approval had nothing to do with mandates. The only places I've seen mandates are not major parts of society - like cruises or Broadway.

Many words. I’m simply telling you what they said before they approved 5-11. They were worried it would get mandated. And then, it did.
None of this has to do with approval. Zero. And sorry to say but what you are complaining about anyway is not general society mandating. Nothing is wide spread mandated to enjoy life.

Disney4Lyfe

Not wrong. They mandated after approval. Not before. The EAU approval had nothing to do with mandates. The only places I've seen mandates are not major parts of society - like cruises or Broadway.

None of this has to do with approval. Zero. And sorry to say but what you are complaining about anyway is not general society mandating. Nothing is wide spread mandated to enjoy life.
Did I say it was wide spread? These aren't my words Helen. I am relaying what the FDA advisory board said.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Imagine how many decades that would take. I'd rather them just open all the closed shops, shows and such first.
1646408473993.png

I know I am not the only person who has this opinion, but adding to existing parks on its own will do nothing to deal with crowd levels as it will just drive further demand. Really need a 5th gate to spread the crowds more and handle the numbers we see (in addition to adding more people eating items at the existing parks that are not e-tickets). Self-inflicted error by Disney not to have another gate by now.

correcaminos

View attachment 625352

I know I am not the only person who has this opinion, but adding to existing parks will do nothing to deal with crowd levels as it will just drive further demand. Really need a 5th gate to spread the crowds more and handle the numbers we see (in addition to adding more people eating items at the existing parks that are not e-tickets). Self-inflicted error by Disney not to have another gate by now.
I should say for current issues, we need everything to open first. They need to drop the walls at Epcot too at lightning speed instead of snail pace. Work on getting international CMs fast. Open all dining and shops and shows.

I have no faith a 5th gate would be cohesive enough which is why I say no to both. I'd rather see expansions in each park. But not at the speed of Tron.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I should say for current issues, we need everything to open first. They need to drop the walls at Epcot too at lightning speed instead of snail pace. Work on getting international CMs fast. Open all dining and shops and shows.

I have no faith a 5th gate would be cohesive enough which is why I say no to both. I'd rather see expansions in each park. But not at the speed of Tron.
Your plan is a recipe for higher prices and more people with nowhere to put them. :hilarious:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
View attachment 625352

I know I am not the only person who has this opinion, but adding to existing parks will do nothing to deal with crowd levels as it will just drive further demand. Really need a 5th gate to spread the crowds more and handle the numbers we see (in addition to adding more people eating items at the existing parks that are not e-tickets). Self-inflicted error by Disney not to have another gate by now.
Well, not entirely true. New big E tickets drive more people. Very few people are going to plan vacations because Disney adds a new B or C to a park. Of course, that's one of the reasons that they aren't building them. Add a couple B and C rides next to Splash and Thunder Mountain to ease the bottleneck there a bit. Lots of room available if they really wanted to.

1646408852982.png

correcaminos

Did I say it was wide spread? These aren't my words Helen. I am relaying what the FDA advisory board said.
Helena please. I hate Helen.

I am saying a third time the approvals came before mandates. Mandates had zero to do. And yes you said to participate in society. Last I checked there are no mandates prohibiting a 5 year old from participating in society. Meaning they can exist freely in the community (society) just fine.

So answer this. Why do you not want them to approve for under 5? Or am I reading your issues incorrectly

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Well, not entirely true. New big E tickets drive more people. Very few people are going to plan vacations because Disney adds a new B or C to a park. Of course, that's one of the reasons that they aren't building them. Add a couple B and C rides next to Splash and Thunder Mountain to ease the bottleneck there a bit. Lots of room available if they really wanted to.

View attachment 625353
I stick by my 5th gate AND people-eater additions plan. :)

mmascari

Still wouldn't have any impact on approval.

That a policy decision may happen or not (or that the FDA may like or not a policy decision) has no impact on the approval process.

There's not some checkbox in the evaluation criteria that says "we don't like a policy that's based on approval, so don't do it". There's lots and lots of boxes that dictate the specific conditions and scenarios something is approved for. All of those go into the label. Not that sticker on the vial, the multiple page explanation label of all the information and conditions something should be used for.

That someone may ignore the label and create a different policy isn't going to cause the FDA to not approve. From their perspective, they already documented the conditions on the label. Someone ignoring them in a public health policy is a policy question. The FDA would point to the label and say they already stated the conditions and nobody should go outside those lines.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I stick by my 5th gate AND people-eater additions plan. :)
Ok, we're off topic, so last word from me anyway. WDW gets over 50 million visitors a year. Build a 5th park and 10 million more people now visit because it's new. Where are they all going to go, or are you saying that attendance is staying flat when they open a brand new park? You are so far off on that it isn't funny.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Ok, we're off topic, so last word from me anyway. WDW gets over 50 million visitors a year. Build a 5th park and 10 million more people now visit because it's new. Where are they all going to go, or are you saying that attendance is staying flat when they open a brand new park? You are so far off on that it isn't funny.
I think your estimate is a bit off. But it will be much easier to spread any initial increase when you have 5 parks. And then when the newness dies down, you have 5 gates and are better setup for the long term. Demand isn’t infinite. But how much does a 5th gate increase supply? A lot.

correcaminos

Helen A. Bear, no? 😁

I don't disagree that this should be high priority.
Oh goodness no! When I created this username, I honestly didn't even think about people reading it as Helen as that is not a common name in my circle. Helen is like nails on a chalkboard to me as Helena is like Elena in pronunciation. Don't care if it's with or without the H sound. Stupid me for not realizing 🤣

Anyway I just miss a few things at Disney that they pulled pre-covid. My favorite country at Epcot royally sucks. I feel their focus and slow as snail methods are killing it for me slowly. That and 2pm hopping. Hate all that.

Disney4Lyfe

Helena please. I hate Helen.

I am saying a third time the approvals came before mandates. Mandates had zero to do. And yes you said to participate in society. Last I checked there are no mandates prohibiting a 5 year old from participating in society. Meaning they can exist freely in the community (society) just fine.

So answer this. Why do you not want them to approve for under 5? Or am I reading your issues incorrectly
Sorry Helena.

I have no say in wether it gets approved for 2-5.

I simply believe it won’t be approved. Maybe I’ll be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom