News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicHappens1971

I knew that would happen. As most people know, I am very pro-mask, but even I knew the announcement would cause issues today.

"I have to wear one today, but not tomorrow? How does that make any sense?"

I don't disagree. It should have been effective today.
Yea I mean some could argue it was to give notice, which would make sense if it was a mask requirement policy, but if you’re not requiring them anymore, make an announcement, take down the signs and if people haven’t heard yet, most will be pleasantly surprised and will just take them off.

SingleRider

I thought I saw an article in November saying masks were optional for the vaccinated in backstage areas. Did that ever get reversed?

MagicHappens1971

Then they should be out in full force enforcing it!
On that subject, I’ve been visiting the parks very frequently for years and I’ve never seen as many managers/leaders/coordinators out in guest facing areas as I have the past few days. I would say it’s due to short staffing but I don’t see any of them manning a register or serving guests

Brian

Same policy as guests.
Except, unlike with guests, the company knows which CMs are vaccinated (in large measure thanks to their now defunct mandate), so it can be enforced.

Will it be? That all depends on the personalities on the CM's management team.

Vegas Disney Fan

I was at Target yesterday and walked by a guy wearing a mask with his nose out, what’s the point of wearing something (that’s no longer mandated) if you’re going to do it in a way that makes it ineffective? People are very strange.

I’m confused by mask etiquette right now, I didn’t see a single “mask required” sign while running errands yesterday but one store had a “masks advised” sign so I masked up when I went in and was the only guest (plus the staff) wearing a mask, I got my haircut and there was no sign on the door but all the staff were wearing masks, I asked the stylist if she’d be more comfortable if I wore one and she answered “they just get in the way” so I didn’t. I’ll keep carrying one just in case but it’s amazing how quickly the whole city transitioned from on to off.

EeyoreFan#24

I’m guessing they knew, practically speaking, compliance would end quickly after the announcement, but they needed some time to officially plan and undo all the signage and policy statements and not have two official messages out in the world.

celluloid

Except, unlike with guests, the company knows which CMs are vaccinated (in large measure thanks to their now defunct mandate), so it can be enforced.

I presume at this point the majority are. It would be a nightmare to enforce that in most situations as CMs typically have to take transport for front of the line work(such as West Clock Bus or in rotation form TTC at monorail) at some point if they are working at MK and many places elsewhere.

Vegas Disney Fan

When Vegas briefly lifted the mask mandate last summer employees had to provide proof of vaccination to HR to be unmasked, when they announced the end of the mandate this week our CEO put out a video and said masks are no longer required for any employee, vaccinated or unvaccinated.

I wouldnt be surprised if most companies don’t do the same, I don’t think anyone wants to be mask police indefinitely. Without the staffing issues it may be different but in todays shorthanded environment I think the employees, even the unvaccinated ones, have the upper hand.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yea I mean some could argue it was to give notice, which would make sense if it was a mask requirement policy, but if you’re not requiring them anymore, make an announcement, take down the signs and if people haven’t heard yet, most will be pleasantly surprised and will just take them off.

But you will also have people who are unhappy because they mandate was dropped without warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom