One Little Spark 3: The Spark Squad - Main Competition Thread

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Round 3 Results

Wario Warriors

We absolutely loved your irreverent, sarcastic tone. You truly had a marvelous concept, we just wanted a little more from it.

Team B

An absolute gem. Unfortunately there were just a couple of minuscule presentation details that held this one back.

The Imagination Institute Interns

Top to bottom and absolute delight. Everything clicked in just the right way on this one. Congrats on your first W of the game, you’re truly earning your wings!

spacemt354

Chili's
The tiara has been passed lol
646ogb.jpg

NateD1226

WarioLogo-removebg-preview.png

Current Time: Summer 1998

Imagineer #1: C'mon guys! Tractors are fun! Please, just let us make the tractor museum.

Imagineer #2: Just stop with the tractors already. This is Southern California. We don't just have tractors everywhere.

Imagineer #1: You're no fun.

Imagineer #3: Cut it out you two. We have a deadline. There is only a few months before DCA starts construction and we need to come up with another thrill ride. One is not enough. The boss is asking us to come up with something crazy and wild that brings in everyone despite their age.

Imagineer #2: So hip and edgy but still family-friendly and informational?

Imagineer #3: A little more of that first part, but yes, that is kind of what we need.

Imagineer #1: GOT IT! A tractor drop ride.

Imagineer #2: I am going to jump out of a window.

Imagineer #3: Wait...I have an idea.

*Imagineer #3 picks up the phone and starts to call somebody*

Current Time: Summer 1998...20 minutes later

Imagineer #3: Alright, thank you so much!

Imagineer #2: Who did you call?

Imagineer #3: That was the team in Flordia. They just tested Project Test Track with some cast members. They all loved it!

Imagineer #1: Great, but what does that have to do with us?

Imagineer #3: What if we cloned it here and themed it to one of the lands.

Imagineer #2: That's actually not a bad idea.

Imagineer #1: GOT IT! Two words...

TEST TRACTOR

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
View attachment 620847

Current Time: Summer 1998

Imagineer #1: C'mon guys! Tractors are fun! Please, just let us make the tractor museum.

Imagineer #2: Just stop with the tractors already. This is Southern California. We don't just have tractors everywhere.

Imagineer #1: You're no fun.

Imagineer #3: Cut it out you two. We have a deadline. There is only a few months before DCA starts construction and we need to come up with another thrill ride. One is not enough. The boss is asking us to come up with something crazy and wild that brings in everyone despite their age.

Imagineer #2: So hip and edgy but still family-friendly and informational?

Imagineer #3: A little more of that first part, but yes, that is kind of what we need.

Imagineer #1: GOT IT! A tractor drop ride.

Imagineer #2: I am going to jump out of a window.

Imagineer #3: Wait...I have an idea.

*Imagineer #3 picks up the phone and starts to call somebody*

Current Time: Summer 1998...20 minutes later

Imagineer #3: Alright, thank you so much!

Imagineer #2: Who did you call?

Imagineer #3: That was the team in Flordia. They just tested Project Test Track with some cast members. They all loved it!

Imagineer #1: Great, but what does that have to do with us?

Imagineer #3: What if we cloned it here and themed it to one of the lands.

Imagineer #2: That's actually not a bad idea.

Imagineer #1: GOT IT! Two words...

TEST TRACTOR
“Have no fear though, the most almighty of almighty corporate mascots comes reeling in on a patented John Deer tractor and literally defeats the dust bowl with the power of glorious American engineering.”

1C44B916-49B6-4B18-A686-B5BC2461785A.gif

TheOriginalTiki

God I went SOOO freaking hard with the comedy this project haha. I really hope it pays off. Some of my favorite sections...

John Deer is of course there as well, dressed as a factory worker. The cast members of the factory bow down and pray to John Deer every hour on the hour. First the tractor, then the deer.

Suddenly the lights come on and blind us, and when we adjust we see a factory where John Deer tractors are being assembled before our very eyes. Tears. Sheer tears of joy spread upon every guest's face.

Today we're going to be getting a hands on tour of just how far John Deer has come to revolutionize the farming industry, and why having John Deer in your life is literally the best thing that could happen to you in all of human existence.

it until it hits them like a ton of bricks years later as they're laying in bed, reflecting on their incredible experience on the John Deer test tractors. A single tear will roll down their cheek, knowing that their lives will be forever touched.

OvertheHorizon

Wario Warriors

Things I loved: Test Tractor is a novel idea that creatively used technology available at the time to make a different kind of thrill ride for DCA. Loved the over-the-top descriptions of the ride that made me smile, like “fangirling” over a display of vintage tractors and taking the tractor to the moon. This was a highly whimsical ride, dare I say a tongue-in-cheek presentation. I liked the John Deer mascot for the ride.

Suggestions: With spelling, do a better job of distinguishing between the John Deere brand name and John Deer, the mascot.

Imagination Institute

Things I loved: Shhh… it’s propriety. Hmmm, can I even talk about it? 😊 Maps of dark rides are always appreciated. Outdoor and indoor queue ideas were nicely thought out. Creative description of the ride, which sounds like a fun experience, and I liked the various perils guests encountered along the way.

Suggestions: Maybe instead of “cows” jostling the ride cars it should be bulls.

Team B

Things I loved: What I loved most about this presentation was the thought given to the placement of the barn to showcase this as the main attraction in Bountiful Farms. It’s the kind of “weenie” that Disney specializes in. Charlotte's Web was interesting departure from traditional Disney theming. Nice attention to detail in the description of the trackless ride.

Suggestions: I wasn't sure if the 2001 Farmer’s Almanac was just for your presentation or if it would be a part of promoting the attractions. If so, perhaps note that the year will be changed to coincide with the current calendar year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom