Kungaloosh!!!

pilka214

Has Trader Sam's caused a huge influx of people at the Polynesian? I don't think it has, and the combined hotels at Crescent lake, Boat traffic and Skyliner resorts adds up to a huge amount of people that could reach the resort... Boardwalk has always seemed to underwhelm...The bones are great but the offerings have always been less than stellar. Atlantic Dance Hall has always underperformed from the beginning, and at one time they thought it would be a real draw....So adding an Adventurer's Club to that location with access to 6 Hotels plus Skyliner traffic would seem to be an easy sell...Especially with fewer options available in the area.
The only concern there is parking. It's a trek from boardwalk's lot to the dance hall or jellyrolls. While I love the location for theming and the building space... its logistically really tough.

Thelazer

Didn't the Atlantic Dance Hall originally have a live 10 piece band playing standards/big band era music?

I'd go in if they were still doing that. I don't see any reason to go into a random place playing modern dance music since you can do that in any city in the country.

It did and it wasn't really making a ton of money.. Broke even at best.

Contractually ADH is only open thanks to Swan / Dolphin.
It's been on the rumor list for years that it would close and become a wedding / event venue only.

(If you ARE getting Married, ADH is "THE" place to do it at IMHO)

UNCgolf

It did and it wasn't really making a ton of money.. Broke even at best.

Contractually ADH is only open thanks to Swan / Dolphin.
It's been on the rumor list for years that it would close and become a wedding / event venue only.

(If you ARE getting Married, ADH is "THE" place to do it at IMHO)

Yeah, I assumed it wasn't doing well.

It doesn't seem like switching it over to relatively modern dance music helped (we were going to check it out last time I was there but it was almost completely empty), but I suppose they're saving money by not having to pay for the band.

Bocabear

The only concern there is parking. It's a trek from boardwalk's lot to the dance hall or jellyrolls. While I love the location for theming and the building space... its logistically really tough.
There are plenty of ways to get there via resort transportation...Skyliner has access to three large resorts, plus the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club, and Boardwalk itself... So the self parking lot is a little bit of a walk, there are plenty of other access points...and with that amount of nearby resort rooms, there is a huge audience for it... also a need for something fun there...
The Poly frequently closes their parking lot to non-Poly guests and makes people park either in the big Magic Kingdom lot or one of the other resorts....Which is a bigger walk and even more difficult to get to Trader Sam's... Also the size of Trader Sam's prevents a lot of people from being able to get in at all....
So the Boardwalk location seems like the best all around location...
It would certainly make that a preferred resort destination for me.

Bocabear

This is the only way a revived AdvClub could work, as half of the top floor or what-have-you. One of four or five venues in the building.
I disagree...I think consigning it to a piece of a multi-venue facility would be like trying to bury the headline on page 5 of a newspaper...On one had great that it would bring more people to the venue, and bad because in sharing the space, it would be limited to a smaller footprint...
It would also no doubt be the most popular thing in the venue leaving the other spaces less busy.

tpoly88

There are plenty of ways to get there via resort transportation...Skyliner has access to three large resorts, plus the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club, and Boardwalk itself... So the self parking lot is a little bit of a walk, there are plenty of other access points...and with that amount of nearby resort rooms, there is a huge audience for it... also a need for something fun there...
The Poly frequently closes their parking lot to non-Poly guests and makes people park either in the big Magic Kingdom lot or one of the other resorts....Which is a bigger walk and even more difficult to get to Trader Sam's... Also the size of Trader Sam's prevents a lot of people from being able to get in at all....
So the Boardwalk location seems like the best all around location...
It would certainly make that a preferred resort destination for me.
The Boardwalk was supposed to augment the experience of the 3 hotels there plus Swan/dolphin but its lost something. You are correct that with Skyliner letting you off right there, going to the boardwalk is not that big of deal. The venue tries hard but it does fall a little short on things. Flying fish opening back up will help and the ESPN restaurant should be moved. ESPN used to be a great place to watch the game in the big room and then they started with the VIP only area and it went down fast. in all my many years of being in that area, staying at those resorts especially the Swan, ive never been to Jelly Rolls or ADH and have no wanting to.
Trader Sams to me is a place we go in transition from another park to MK. Love stopping there and never had an issue getting on property. the Live music on the patio is always where we like to be and always a table. im hoping TS does not get too crowded as its a great place have a drink, quick bite and listen to the guy singing.

Bocabear

That is exactly my point...this would give another entertainment/lounge option elsewhere on the property other than the Poly. It's location would allow it to be not too crowded, but a popular place for Guests to regroup after a long day at the parks... It could be what they hoped Atlantic Dance Hall was supposed to be in terms of use and popularity.

UNCgolf

The Boardwalk was supposed to augment the experience of the 3 hotels there plus Swan/dolphin but its lost something. You are correct that with Skyliner letting you off right there, going to the boardwalk is not that big of deal. The venue tries hard but it does fall a little short on things. Flying fish opening back up will help and the ESPN restaurant should be moved. ESPN used to be a great place to watch the game in the big room and then they started with the VIP only area and it went down fast. in all my many years of being in that area, staying at those resorts especially the Swan, ive never been to Jelly Rolls or ADH and have no wanting to.
Trader Sams to me is a place we go in transition from another park to MK. Love stopping there and never had an issue getting on property. the Live music on the patio is always where we like to be and always a table. im hoping TS does not get too crowded as its a great place have a drink, quick bite and listen to the guy singing.

Jellyrolls is incredibly fun -- it's a great place to go. ADH is a waste of space.

Bocabear

Jellyrolls is incredibly fun -- it's a great place to go. ADH is a waste of space.
I think the original idea behind ADH was to have nightly dancing with a big band in a beautiful art deco ballroom...
A perfect thematic fit for the property...But alas, it never really worked out and quickly became a special event venue and DJ playing top 40 club... It feels like Adventurer's Club could move right in and fit the feel of the resort perfectly.

UNCgolf

I think the original idea behind ADH was to have nightly dancing with a big band in a beautiful art deco ballroom...
A perfect thematic fit for the property...But alas, it never really worked out and quickly became a special event venue and DJ playing top 40 club... It feels like Adventurer's Club could move right in and fit the feel of the resort perfectly.

Oh definitely -- if they had a jazz orchestra (big band) playing standards from the era, it would be great. I'd go in there for that. Don't see any reason to go into a club playing dance music from the past 20-30 years though; you can do that basically anywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom