Kungaloosh!!!

TikibirdLand

Someone already did a VR recreation of AC

https:///2010/06/walt-disney-worlds...lly-recreated-for-fans-to-once-again-explore/
This demonstrates EXACTLY why MK, DHS, and an AC without actors will look like. It's kinda like being in a very cool location with NOBODY to interact with. MK without the Trolley Show; DHS without the CoH or magicians; AC without the Colonel. You get that cold feeling of urban exploration. Of course, with MK and DHS, you've got thousands of others there exploring too (and riding rides). But, you get the idea...

EPCOT-O.G.

This demonstrates EXACTLY why MK, DHS, and an AC without actors will look like. It's kinda like being in a very cool location with NOBODY to interact with. MK without the Trolley Show; DHS without the CoH or magicians; AC without the Colonel. You get that cold feeling of urban exploration. Of course, with MK and DHS, you've got thousands of others there exploring too (and riding rides). But, you get the idea...
This is one of the criticisms of SWGE - that it’s a thematically impressive set piece but lacks the vibrancy of the (planned) actors and streetmosphere (?) before they were cut for budgetary reasons.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
This is one of the criticisms of SWGE - that it’s a thematically impressive set piece but lacks the vibrancy of the (planned) actors and streetmosphere (?) before they were cut for budgetary reasons.

It's my criticism of Disney in general. And it occurred much before the pandemic. To me, what set Disney apart was the interaction with CM/Entertainers. World Showcase Players, AC, and the many colorful characters you would stumble across on your journey. Sadly, Disney has lost a lot of ground in this respect over the past couple of decades.

Rosso11

I’m not sure if anyone caught this on The Adventurer’s Club Facebook group page yesterday but ex Imagineer McNair Wilson casually dropped this on there on a post about the new shirt.
51E7EF75-817A-47D9-897C-25587670727D.jpeg

Basil of Baker Street

Maybe some of you have been following this but, these owners were huge AC fans and they decided to recreate elements mixed with TikI and supper club. They are doing a great job and the Instagram is on point…

As for AC in DS, VR is stupid and it won’t be that. I guessing if anything it would be a bar experience with no actors. You have to remember that Imagineering has been gutted, lost some OGs, and now is lead by an ex Gensler alum. People who design airports and generic hospitality venues. It won’t be anything close to the original. More importantly, the succubus that is Chapek won’t allow us to have anything cool, original, and IP-less.
I guess its still not open yet? That article was from April of last year and not much info on the website.

EPCOT-O.G.

This is terrific. I think Disney sees the value (high margins) in this sort of experience, thanks to Oga's and Trader Sams. It was "before its time" for sure. I hope they do it right. I wonder whether it'll be in Disney Springs, one of the parks, or the resorts. Thematically, I could see them revamping a larger property at Boardwalk for this.

Basil of Baker Street

This is terrific. I think Disney sees the value (high margins) in this sort of experience, thanks to Oga's and Trader Sams. It was "before its time" for sure. I hope they do it right. I wonder whether it'll be in Disney Springs, one of the parks, or the resorts. Thematically, I could see them revamping a larger property at Boardwalk for this.
While I think DS is probably a better fit, I agree Boardwalk desperately needs something.

Bocabear

I think I mentioned that in a post a few years back...Boardwalk is a natural fit for Adventurer's Club...being 1940s Seaside Resort themed, it is only a few years out of context... and they could create a whole backstory about what happened to the old Adventurer's club and a new introduction with "Open House 1942" It's 5 years later and the club has been resurrected and looking for new members.
Placed squarely in what was the ESPN Sports Zone , the new club could have a dining component, and would be a real strong reason to visit the Boardwalk...
Move ESPN to Disney Springs where it actually makes sense...Let the Boardwalk have a true Destination Restaurant Entertainment Venue.
That Boardwalk Dance Palace is still mostly empty too...Just Sayin'....

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
If anything it would be a book report of the greatest hits and gags but not something that requires a bunch of equity to pull off.
It's the closest thing out there and I am sure they put equity into it. Money, tears and sweat. Maybe keeping an open mind and seeing it before judging it...

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
I guess its still not open yet? That article was from April of last year and not much info on the website.
As I have been following them it seems to have taken longer to get going. But they have had casting calls and seem to be putting finishing touches on things. We shall see!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I think yall have missed the mark big time on your guesses as to what Nobody is hinting at....
My inside sources tell me that-
"Kungaloosh" is the name of the new Olivia Rodrigo Album,
it will be coming out this summer...
Well, my inside voices tell me that it's going to be the Tangled treatment all over again.

Stand by for the Adventurers' Club themed restrooms.

Mention my name and you'll get a good seat.

Watch out for the stall with the masks...

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
While I think DS is probably a better fit, I agree Boardwalk desperately needs something.

I'm a fan of interactive dinner shows (if done properly - there are some really bad ones - but there are some good ones) and theatre type entertainment (be it production style shows, basic stage productions, music, etc.)

One thing I've always thought would fit nicely into Boardwalk and also increase some demand for the area would be a family friendly type "gangster" or "speakeasy" dinner show. That along with a small to mid-size theatre.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Maybe some of you have been following this but, these owners were huge AC fans and they decided to recreate elements mixed with TikI and supper club. They are doing a great job and the Instagram is on point…

I find the proposition of VOLUNTEER actors very intriguing!

pilka214

With the talks of a S.E.A. tv series coming out of Destination D23 and the small references in Jungle Cruise I could see Disney trying to monetize an in-parks Cinematic Universe very soon. I just hope we see quality and not just $$$ grabs.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
BoardWalk Inn lost the opportunity of doing something immersive with the Abracadabar, which had the promise of a hangout with close-up magicians but just wound up with LED screen posters and a reverse mirror correcting mirror... MAGIC!!!

BoardWalk constantly loses the opportunity to be a real hang-out spot in the vein of DS. It's shops, restaurants, and minimal attractions are the retail establishments normally found in any deluxe hotel. Just with a boardwalk theme.

Don't know if the hotel management actually wants hordes of people hanging out in the outside lobby of their hotel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom