Kungaloosh!!!

TikibirdLand

as it should be. Disney+ needs more content that isn't just Marvel and Star Wars, and I think they know that.
I think a The Society of Explorers and Adventurers live-action series would be very cool to see -- assuming they come up with some good story lines. Seems to be a lot of material to work with. I kinda cringed when I saw that School-House Rock SEA t-shirt. I think that's why everyone is flocking AWAY from it on ShopDisney. If they'd use some of the poster art I saw on the Jungle Cruise on those t-shirts, I think they'd have a winner. I LOVE me non-Disney Carrosel of Progress T-Shirt I got for Christmas. They had some fun shirts back in the 90's that I still have and wear (infrequently, I don't want to damage them!). My Home Improvement shirts are particularly my favorites!

mysto

The AC depended heavily on talent. Talented comedians and actors who could adlib.

Disney has shown an apparent reluctance to hire actors. I hope they are softening their stance as it will make a lot of things possible.

If it's the Olivia Rodrigo and/or VR thing, using computers to supplant the need for talent, then, ugh. "our robot overlords"

Epcot82Guy

I agree that it's hard to see it working at all as it was.

That being said ... I don't think I'd entirely mind if they went with a "modern" S.E.A. theme for the Dinoland U.S.A. area of Animal Kingdom, modifying Dinosaur slightly to incorporate some S.E.A. themes, adding a modern and more family-friendly Adventurers Club to the area, and putting a new related ride where Primeval Whirl was. Still, it would lose a lot by not leaning into the explorer aesthetic of the early 20th century.

I never thought about that. That could actually be a really cool way to solve that and the beastly kingdom. Have a SEA area that focuses on dinosaurs, mythical beasts, etc. Lots of ideas could be added there which could actually fit in DAK quite well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The AC depended heavily on talent. Talented comedians and actors who could adlib.

Disney has shown an apparent reluctance to hire actors. I hope they are softening their stance as it will make a lot of things possible.

If it's the Olivia Rodrigo and/or VR thing, using computers to supplant the need for talent, then, ugh. "our robot overlords"
The real test is coming this March

Basil of Baker Street

VR would mean you were not actually wearing anything anyone else wore...and they could create and develop it with the OCULUS platform with in app purchases...
But aside from that, a new version of the Adventurer's Club would have to either be as it was with an admission fee and a 21+ strict policy...
Or
It opens as more of a Restaurant and Bar concept with a reservations system and prix Fixe menu... and no age limit.
I think when they started allowing families into the property early is one of the things that killed it... It was always full of cranky children and strollers that came in before the after 8pm Adults Only rule took effect...And they would camp out and wait for the entertainment that would come later...
In it's heyday it was one of the best things at WDW... Later on it seemed to get watered down.
Open it up as a more scripted Trader Sams type experience. TS's is entertaining enough. And at $15/drink it would be quite profitable.

Trauma

Even if VR AC was a concept, in today's pandemic would people crowd together with strangers to wear gear recently worn by others? Until there is cost-effective disposable VR gear, it is hard to imagine that idea taking hold. Now a shop offering "limited" AC based merchandise, perhaps featuring some of the historic props from the long-lost AC, Cheapik may ok that.
That’s exactly what everyone did at the silent dance party on New Years at Epcot.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Maybe some of you have been following this but, these owners were huge AC fans and they decided to recreate elements mixed with TikI and supper club. They are doing a great job and the Instagram is on point…

As for AC in DS, VR is stupid and it won’t be that. I guessing if anything it would be a bar experience with no actors. You have to remember that Imagineering has been gutted, lost some OGs, and now is lead by an ex Gensler alum. People who design airports and generic hospitality venues. It won’t be anything close to the original. More importantly, the succubus that is Chapek won’t allow us to have anything cool, original, and IP-less.

JoeCamel

Maybe some of you have been following this but, these owners were huge AC fans and they decided to recreate elements mixed with TikI and supper club. They are doing a great job and the Instagram is on point…

As for AC in DS, VR is stupid and it won’t be that. I guessing if anything it would be a bar experience with no actors. You have to remember that Imagineering has been gutted, lost some OGs, and now is lead by an ex Gensler alum. People who design airports and generic hospitality venues. It won’t be anything close to the original. More importantly, the succubus that is Chapek won’t allow us to have anything cool, original, and IP-less.
If anything it would be a book report of the greatest hits and gags but not something that requires a bunch of equity to pull off.

Virtual Toad

OMG this is amazing! Exactly what Disney should be doing creatively— and what looks to be a must-visit when it opens. Plenty of nods to the AC with design work by former Imagineer Brandon Kleyla who did the designs for both Trader Sams locations?! Insane!

Thanks for sharing this! Planning a trip to NC as we speak…

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Would you spend many thousands for a two night experience where you live out your dreams as a turn of the century explorer?

Let's see. If they're going to get fully immersive with that concept that would mean: Little to no electricity, and guests would have to bring their own supplies and make their own meals from scratch. I'm guessing the margin on that would work for Disney.

castlecake2.0

Wow it’s basically a can I copy your homework? Yah just change it a little so it’s not obvious (except it’s super obvious) situation. Saying that, still super impressive looking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom