Kungaloosh!!!

dreday3

1. Again, the guy who told us about the escape room also told us it's been abandoned. If a new AC was an escape room, he prolly would have said so.

2. The space in the VOID is most likely a void, with all the VR equipment sold in bankruptcy procedures. If the new AC was a VR event, he wouldn't be teasing the VOID is a void.

3. So... stop convincing yourselves that it's an AC SEA VR Escape room based on no clear evidence.

Kungaloosh Mountain is back on!!!

ToTBellHop

I have a hard time believing Disney could properly recapture the magic of The Adventurer’s Club. It’s hard not to see something that is overstuffed with pointless SEA references and convoluted new elements to try and make it less problematic.
The Zach is busy researching this on Tik Tok as we speak so I’m sure he will get this just right. He’s a master of nostalgia.

James Alucobond

I have a hard time believing Disney could properly recapture the magic of The Adventurer’s Club. It’s hard not to see something that is overstuffed with pointless SEA references and convoluted new elements to try and make it less problematic.
I agree that it's hard to see it working at all as it was.

That being said ... I don't think I'd entirely mind if they went with a "modern" S.E.A. theme for the Dinoland U.S.A. area of Animal Kingdom, modifying Dinosaur slightly to incorporate some S.E.A. themes, adding a modern and more family-friendly Adventurers Club to the area, and putting a new related ride where Primeval Whirl was. Still, it would lose a lot by not leaning into the explorer aesthetic of the early 20th century.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member

They did a whiz-bang job with Star Wars inclusion into the parks. I see your point.

James Alucobond

I think yall have missed the mark big time on your guesses as to what Nobody is hinting at....
My inside sources tell me that-
"Kungaloosh" is the name of the new Olivia Rodrigo Album,
it will be coming out this summer...
Bitch Slap Slapping GIF by absurdnoise

castlecake2.0

My theory: new AC lite in the VOID space. DPB: “while looking through some storage rooms in the Marketplace, Imagineering found the long lost remains of the Adventurers Club. Now we’re reopening it for YOU!” It’ll feature props and effects but no actors. Kinda like trader sams. The local fanbois will immediately take over the place screaming KUNGALOOSH at everyone who tries to enter and it will make no money as each fanbois check average will be 0.025 drinks/hr.

Stupido

MaryJaneP

Even if VR AC was a concept, in today's pandemic would people crowd together with strangers to wear gear recently worn by others? Until there is cost-effective disposable VR gear, it is hard to imagine that idea taking hold. Now a shop offering "limited" AC based merchandise, perhaps featuring some of the historic props from the long-lost AC, Cheapik may ok that.

Bocabear

VR would mean you were not actually wearing anything anyone else wore...and they could create and develop it with the OCULUS platform with in app purchases...
But aside from that, a new version of the Adventurer's Club would have to either be as it was with an admission fee and a 21+ strict policy...
Or
It opens as more of a Restaurant and Bar concept with a reservations system and prix Fixe menu... and no age limit.
I think when they started allowing families into the property early is one of the things that killed it... It was always full of cranky children and strollers that came in before the after 8pm Adults Only rule took effect...And they would camp out and wait for the entertainment that would come later...
In it's heyday it was one of the best things at WDW... Later on it seemed to get watered down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom