News Reimagined Toontown coming

Castle Cake Apologist

That guy usually regurgitates info from these forums. I find him off putting, he tries too hard.

Kendall? He doesn't regurgitate anything. He aggregates news and rumors from several sources (all credited) and condenses the info into a much easier to follow package. I find his videos extremely helpful. Not to mention he's a member here, so this is technically a personal attack...

Mac Tonight

Kendall? He doesn't regurgitate anything. He aggregates news and rumors from several sources (all credited) and condenses the info into a much easier to follow package. I find his videos extremely helpful. Not to mention he's a member here, so this is technically a personal attack...
Call it what you want, but he himself is not the original source of any of his information, thus, he is regurgitating what others have told him/he reads online. Sorry if that offends you. Having said that, I do get that his condensed, "SportsCenter" style approach to Park news might be helpful to the more casual fan.

Also, I wasn't aware that simply posting on this site makes someone immune from any amount of criticism. Especially someone who puts themselves out there in the public eye. The more you know...

Castle Cake Apologist

Call it what you want, but he himself is not the original source of any of his information, thus, he is regurgitating what others have told him/he reads online. Sorry if that offends you. Having said that, I do get that his condensed, "SportsCenter" style approach to Park news might be helpful to the more casual fan.

Also, I wasn't aware that simply posting on this site makes someone immune from any amount of criticism. Especially someone who puts themselves out there in the public eye. The more you know...

You've legitimately described a newscast, which is what he produces. Good job, you get a shiny gold star!

Bonus points for a passive aggressive apology and acting like I ever said anything offended me! 🙄

Calling somebody who is an active participant in our community "off-putting" and "cringe" would typically be considered a personal attack, yes. You offered no substance in your criticism of his work, and instead chose to go after him.

Mac Tonight

You've legitimately described a newscast, which is what he produces. Good job, you get a shiny gold star!

Bonus points for a passive aggressive apology and acting like I ever said anything offended me! 🙄

Calling somebody who is an active participant in our community "off-putting" and "cringe" would typically be considered a personal attack, yes. You offered no substance in your criticism of his work, and instead chose to go after him.
Hey! You just called me passive aggressive! PeRsOnAl AtTaCk!!!!!

Seriously though, it's not going after him personally, it's going after his product, which I get that the distinction might be hard to make. You're free to defend what he does all you want. Defend the fact that he literally earns money based on information he gleans from this forum. Defend his cringe-worthy "Waltineer" shtick. Just don't act like everyone else has to like it too.

Cesar R M

Hey! You just called me passive aggressive! PeRsOnAl AtTaCk!!!!!

Seriously though, it's not going after him personally, it's going after his product, which I get that the distinction might be hard to make. You're free to defend what he does all you want. Defend the fact that he literally earns money based on information he gleans from this forum. Defend his cringe-worthy "Waltineer" shtick. Just don't act like everyone else has to like it too.

Children.. please..

Phroobar

I've missed their silly fights over the last year.

download.gif

truecoat

He has a 160 thousand subscribers, why would he care what I said about his brand. If you make a YouTube channel or any front facing media and can't stand up to criticism, shut it down now.

Cesar R M

Last time I was at Disneyland it was filthy, so IDK about how clean it's gonna be, unfortunately.
WDW's def been kinda clean. But I think because the areas is kind of cordoned. Only real hard usage is during the fireworks shows. And even then the usage is limited.

I assume Disneyland's is more accessible and used more?

TP2000

I...just feel like that grass is gonna be such a terrible idea......

Agreed. This seems like an idea that the designers wanted and they ignored all the knowledge from the Custodial department who tried to tell them it's going to be dirty and dingy and gross every day by Noon.

Even if it's the new forms of AstroTurf, that stuff is made for backyards with modest use by a few people or an occasional backyard BBQ. Not thousands of people trampling over it every hour with strollers and giant electric wheelchairs, dropping food and trash and spilling Cokes on it.

J4546

I htink it will probably be some kind of grass colored rubberized material similar to what they have all over portland and in playground around the country id think?

Castle Cake Apologist

Agreed. This seems like an idea that the designers wanted and they ignored all the knowledge from the Custodial department who tried to tell them it's going to be dirty and dingy and gross every day by Noon.

Even if it's the new forms of AstroTurf, that stuff is made for backyards with modest use by a few people or an occasional backyard BBQ. Not thousands of people trampling over it every hour with strollers and giant electric wheelchairs, dropping food and trash and spilling Cokes on it.

We've had this fake grass in the common areas of the hub at MK for several years now and it holds up fine. Never seen it look dirty, and I would wager that it sees a lot more traffic than the patch in Toontown ever will.

TP2000

We've had this fake grass in the common areas of the hub at MK for several years now and it holds up fine. Never seen it look dirty, and I would wager that it sees a lot more traffic than the patch in Toontown ever will.

Well, I don't know. The AstroTurf in the MK Hub is kinda fenced off, completely shadeless, nowhere near an E Ticket, and thus not really used most of the day in the inhospitable Florida climate.

Cinderella-Castle-General-Magic-Kingdom.jpg

The AstorTurf they apparently want to install in Mickey's Toontown in Disneyland will be within the line of access to the park's newest E Ticket attraction that gets around 2,000 riders per hour, and will be in SoCal's more temperate and rainless climate where people can lay out on "grass" more comfortably.

I have a hunch that a patch of AstroTurf laid out in front of a new E Ticket in Disneyland will be far more trampled upon than a patch of AstroTurf laid out in a treeless plaza nowhere near an E Ticket in WDW. But that's just me, using climate and decades of theme park experience to guide my commentary.

Your mileage may vary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom