News EPCOT International Festival of the Arts 2022

TrainsOfDisney

I usually don’t mind conversations naturally drifting but I do wish a new thread could start on figment popcorn buckets... I’m actually interested in the art festival too!!! :) just a thought.

My favorite artists to see each year are Dave Avanzino (3D paper art) and Trevor Carlton. I know Dave is there for the entire festival this year!

Cmdr_Crimson

If Disney just... actually had restrictions in park, make the buckets reservation only or something... sell them online as well... it would destroy this gross resale market.
What they SHOULD do..Once a purchase is made they should link it to your Magic Band and if you try to go to another area that's selling it...It blocks you getting it again. limit is 2 you get 2 that's it. And if you don't have a magic band...Well, tough luck...

SoFloMagic

If Disney just... actually had restrictions in park, make the buckets reservation only or something... sell them online as well... it would destroy this gross resale market.
All of that would make it more scarce. They need to make it less scarce. But they're marketing it as LTO. And they clearly planned for the lines with custom signs made for the end of the line. Sounds like they got what they wanted.

Nothing wrong with free press. Even if the press is "Disney fans are flippin morons"

note2001

The "Bad Artwork Sketch of 2022 Epcot Festival of the Arts Figment Popcorn Bucket" auction is well over $600 now and there are a good number of knock offs. (update: sold for $10,100 ALL proceeds promised to charity, hope the buyer was legit.)

Laughed at the auction for "Screen shot of Bad Artwork ..." and briefly considered creating a "Screenshot of the Screenshot of ..." auction to mock that person, redirect funds to the Habitat for Humanity just like the original, but I need to keep my account clean for selling off family items my parents accumulated over 60 years.

Someone else do it... please? 😆

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

8E644C2A-5EC8-4D91-85E4-19B3B4DD3249.jpeg

JoeCamel

What they SHOULD do..Once a purchase is made they should link it to your Magic Band and if you try to go to another area that's selling it...It blocks you getting it again. limit is 2 you get 2 that's it. And if you don't have a magic band...Well, tough luck...

All of that would make it more scarce. They need to make it less scarce. But they're marketing it as LTO. And they clearly planned for the lines with custom signs made for the end of the line. Sounds like they got what they wanted.

Nothing wrong with free press. Even if the press is "Disney fans are flippin morons"
This ^ ^ ^

If only they sold them everywhere in branded stores or something and ordered enough supply to make it easy to get one if you wanted it.......
Or sold it online through something called "Disney Store" or something so all you have to do is click buy and it shows up at your door>
Something like that....

castlecake2.0

Hopefully, they have a second location In the works to reconfigure these lines...
They’re looking into it, they knew it was going to be popular but what happened yesterday was far beyond what anyone thought was going to happen.

World Showplace is being rented out again so not really an option. Honestly the length that queue reached and how they directed it was probably the least disrupting option right now. If they could make a secondary line ONLY for food that would probably be the best way to handle it right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom