News EPCOT International Festival of the Arts 2022

ImperfectPixie

I highly doubt all of these people, or even a significant portion of them, are eBay resellers. I think most are just locals who love Disney.

Imagine what a well-run company could do with such a popular and valuable IP as Figment.
Tell that to all the websites that only sell highly sought collectibles. And of course...eBay. And the personal shoppers.

MrPromey

After seeing the menus, I thought the offerings at Painted Panda sounded good. A general tso’s dish, pork bun, bubble tea. But adding up those 3 items is almost 30 bucks. I can’t justify spending $30 on lunch for myself.
and based on the typical portion sizes from these booths, this would have likely been a very light lunch, too.

ToTBellHop

This is a good idea. But my problems with all this stems from a belief that souvenirs and park merchandise are only meaningful and worthwhile if linked to actual experiences - the first time riding a new attraction, a particularly happy time with friends and family at a restaurant, etc. This fetishization of merchandise just because it’s related to WDW is a big part of what’s destroying the parks.

And it’s much worse when people are pouring money on Disney’s cynical exploitation of a ride they literally destroyed.
Yes. This particular example is pretty gross.

ToTBellHop

$300
This is what I’m saying. Disney needs to go after these a-holes. It’s disgusting. They shouldn’t want others profiting off their products and IPs. And this is far beyond an Etsy Mickey shirt.

Clamman73

👀
1EBB6752-1B44-49B7-A728-F28E941845F4_1_201_a.jpeg

ppete1975

the answer to this is over produce them (supply chain might impact now) sell them at all the popcorn vendors in epcot. You reduce the rarity and make it something that is easily purchased then it becomes what it really should be. A cute souvenir for kids and families with a nice profit margin for disney. Then again who says they wont flood the parks with these and the ebayers get stuck....

Gillyanne

$300

They got daring with their second listing, the first one went for "only" $200 :eek:

(edited b/c I worded it "backwards" before)

ppete1975

The cost of the bucket may only be $25, but there is the $100+ ticket requirement to enter Epcot. Transportation and hotel costs if you aren’t local. It’s cheaper for someone in Oregon to pay $150 than get from Oregon to Epcot to buy it themselves.
The sad part is the hysteria... why buy today.. let the insanity subside... in a week they will be much cheaper.

Gillyanne

I'm waiting 7 hours for some Tomato Soup.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but they really should have a 2nd line for if you're NOT buying the bucket (and enforce that, I already heard of one lady (definitely a seller) who went to record the merch first and is now trying to guilt trip her way into the front of the figment line b/c she recently had surgery :mad: ), I can only imagine all the cold/nasty/have to be pitched from sitting so long food if they have it fully stocked otherwise. Some of the bucket people may also pick up another something, but unlikely to be enough like another booth....

hopemax

The sad part is the hysteria... why buy today.. let the insanity subside... in a week they will be much cheaper.
I always wonder if the early sales are mostly PAs buying for rich clients who don't care what the final cost is, just that it is obtained. Think John Stamos wants a popcorn bucket (although in the case of a celebrity like John Stamos I might expect his PA has a direct line to Disney to get it at regular cost or swag). My cousin worked for a time for an agent that represents sports players. When the first round of Disney Designer Dolls was released, my cousin called my Mom (since she used to work at a Disney Store) to find out exactly what he needed to do to get one of the dolls for a client. So he woke up, went to the local mall when the building opened, waited in line and bought the doll. For some Ebay, might be an allowed alternative.

And with Disney stuff, unfortunately sometimes they make so limited quantity the price doesn't drop that much. With some of this stuff they make 30,000 of them. Sometimes only 5000. If it's a high number the going price drops dramatically. If it's too low, then people get desperate and it goes the other way.

Joel

Because if I don't buy it right now they'll sell out, and then I'll never experience the life-fulfilling joy of owning a... popcorn bucket.

The FOMO is real.

TrainsOfDisney

really was weird seeing so many different booths have the almost exact same style of art…whatever it may have been…by completely different artists. It was like visiting the same booth over and over.

This seems like an odd observation from the festival? I’ve seen quite a diverse group of artists but I do know the artists rotate in and out during the festival so perhaps you just had bad luck.

Dave Avazino, Rob Kaz, Trevor Carlton, Mcbiff, and Wyland Galleries are a pretty diverse group of artists and styles in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom