New Years 2022

Vinnie Mac

MAN WHAT A NIGHT! The Epcot show was so much fun to watch. I can't believe how involved the barges were too! I was expecting (at the most) a countdown to be displayed on the central barge but I'm very glad Disney went the extra mile and made the barges fully part of the show. Also, something about seeing real life imagery paired with cultural music on the barges gave off light Illumination's vibes lol.

Vinnie Mac

Woah, I ain't seen that much firepower from Hollywood Studios in... Well, ever!

No doubt the reason disney actually still cares about special events is marketing. Fireworks are cheaper than ads.
Hey, if fireworks being cheaper is what's gonna convince Disney to keep giving us grand holiday events like last night, it's the only "cheap route" I'll gladly accept from them.

vikescaper

Wow! I watched a video of Epcot’s fireworks and they looked impressive. Gives me a little hope that we could maybe get the Heartbeat of Freedom tag for the Fourth of July and maybe some sort of Peace on Earth for next Christmas.

jrhwdw

Hummmmmmm. People say this every year but Myself and two friends went to poly on 12/30/21. We parked in the Magic Kingdom parking lot and took the monorail from the TTC to the Polynesian at about 10pm.

There were signs referencing wristbands needed between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. to be on the beach but as we arrived after 10:00 p.m. this seemed to be a moot point. The resort was quiet. Main pool closed. There was not a buzz of anticipation in the air.

It did seem odd that they would enforce wristbands on the beach from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. for a firework show that wasn't until 11 50 PM. Nonetheless that is exactly the case. We got right on the beach without any problem. No one was looking for wristbands. Beach was not busy with a crowd level that could be best discribed as low to moderate.

12/31/21 we went to Epcot and I will tell you at Epcot blew up the sky at midnight

The world war three barges were NOT present that I could see. I will tell you this, tonight EPCOT demonstrated the True fire power of the new harmonious barges and it was impressive!!!!!!! I have seen a lot of New Year's Eve tags At Epcot. I have seen more than my fair share of Let There Be Peace On Earth holiday tags. I have seen heartbeat of Freedom more times than I can count. This finale beat them all. At one point so many firworks were going off at one time it was Literally like DAYLIGHT.

I left VERY satisfied.
I think TC saw them yesterday morning, It was on Twitter. Glad Epcot went with the standerd NYE Tag! Still would have liked a 2nd Harm before it but I'm old school! LOL!!!!!!

Disone

Good to hear…but I wish everyday the quality was reflective of the pricing. This seems more like a PR stunt…ubfortunately.

The rules are the rules…whether people try to get around them or not doesn’t really change that.
Hmmmm no! I did not get or try to get around them. 10am to 10pm. I arrived after 10pm. There was no sneaking in.

Disone

So...what's holding back SW AGS exactly?????????
World Drive drives through the fall out zone. That turned out to be problematic (la duh @ TDO). Also unlike the wooded areas around MK's launch sites, there is not a sprinkler system to dampen the area each night prior to the show launching. This was the main issue as reedy creek became vocal about the amount of fires they were putting out near nightly.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's wonderful to see so many positive reactions to Disney's shows. Reminds me of past times.

This reception was earned too, I wish they would put this much effort into their shows each and every night. Great job by Disney!
Let’s see the feedback on Wednesday 👍🏻

Disone

More power to you…the “policy” is to discourage people from the practice - likely due to complaints from egregiously overpriced rooms.

as you said…you’re only doing what they allow
There was no power for me to take:)

Someone says this and every year it is not an issue. I think it is more the case there was an event on the beach that required a wrist band. As the A-frame clearly stated 10am to 10pm.

It is definitely not the entire resort or even all of its beaches.

Also some posts have mention halloween music but at least for the beach in front of the main pool that was not the case.

wdwfan22

There was no power for me to take:)

Someone says this and every year it is not an issue. I think it is more the case there was an event on the beach that required a wrist band. As the A-frame clearly stated 10am to 10pm.

It is definitely not the entire resort or even all of its beaches.

Also some posts have mention halloween music but at least for the beach in front of the main pool that was not the case.

Crazydisneyfanluke

BlogMickey posted a nicely edited video of the entire show while keeping one camera on the barges at all times showing how much they added to this refreshed version of the show.

It looks like the EPCOT team is getting comfortable with the barges. It also looks promising for July 4th and Holiday tags.

Trying to find anything for DHS countdown is quite hard since majority of bloggers where at EPCOT.

jrhwdw

It looks like the EPCOT team is getting comfortable with the barges. It also looks promising for July 4th and Holiday tags.

Trying to find anything for DHS countdown is quite hard since majority of bloggers where at EPCOT.
Nothing was really promised for DHS. And Before COVID, the New Years Moment before SW AGS was just Low Pyro? I'm guessing we were all caught of guard on how DHS turned out.

Also on DPB, Same FITS as the 30th but The Castle got a 2022, when we got to 0! You only see that in TDL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom