Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
I decorated my classroom for Christmas after school today. I always make sure at the beginning of the year to include a question on the "Getting to Know Your Child" sheet that asks them to list holidays they don't want their child to celebrate at school. So far I've never had one say they don't celebrate Christmas, which is good because I love Christmas. I draped lights across the window, strung lights across the top of their cubbies, put garland/lights above a bulletin board, hung a banner of cardboard Christmas lights on the wall, put up and decorated a small Christmas tree, and put a couple other decorations up.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I decorated my classroom for Christmas after school today. I always make sure at the beginning of the year to include a question on the "Getting to Know Your Child" sheet that asks them to list holidays they don't want their child to celebrate at school. So far I've never had one say they don't celebrate Christmas, which is good because I love Christmas. I draped lights across the window, strung lights across the top of their cubbies, put garland/lights above a bulletin board, hung a banner of cardboard Christmas lights on the wall, put up and decorated a small Christmas tree, and put a couple other decorations up.

Sounds fun! I bet the kids will be excited to come into your room tomorrow. I have a few window clings that I will put up, some Star Wars gingerbread ones and some Mickey ones.

PUSH

Original Poster
Sounds fun! I bet the kids will be excited to come into your room tomorrow. I have a few window clings that I will put up, some Star Wars gingerbread ones and some Mickey ones.
I forgot my window clings! I felt like I was forgetting something. I'll have to put them up tomorrow. I have some snowmen, snowflakes, and I got some Mickey ones this year that I found at Walmart.

PUSH

Original Poster
I also got a new Smart Board installed after school yesterday, so I got to use it today. The three of us who got new ones attended a training on them at the high school during our prep time. It's so nice to have modern technology. We had been using what I believe were the first versions of the Smart Board, which were pretty bad.

PUSH

Original Poster
I forgot to put up my window clings, maybe tomorrow. @PUSH , were your students excited for the decorations?
It's always funny because some come in super excited, and some barely notice until someone else points it out. When my first student walked in I asked if anything looked different. He looked kind of confused and point to a cart I had sitting in front of the room that isn't normally there. 😂

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@PUSH , I thought of you last night when I was watching the TV special, for the lighting of the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center. They had a bunch of performers, and Pentatonix sang a few songs. I really like them -- you got me hooked on their music a few years ago. (I had never heard of them until you shared their name here.)

I love watching all the various Christmas specials in December.

trr1

National days
December 3

December 4

December 5

December 6

December 7

December 8

December 9

December International Days

ecember 3

December 4

December 5

December 6

December 7

December 8

December 9

PUSH

Original Poster
@PUSH , I thought of you last night when I was watching the TV special, for the lighting of the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center. They had a bunch of performers, and Pentatonix sang a few songs. I really like them -- you got me hooked on their music a few years ago. (I had never heard of them until you shared their name here.)

I love watching all the various Christmas specials in December.
They have incredible talent. There's never been anyone like them.

PUSH

Original Poster
We got an email that there's not sub for art tomorrow. That means that my hour long special will be cancelled, and I'll need to plan for them to be with me. Terrible news for a Friday.
I checked my email again in hopes that they would have gotten a sub. Still no luck, but our principal did tell us we'd be compensated for the extra work and loss of prep time. That's a first. Normally when they can't find a sub, they save money since they don't have to pay a sub... meaning there's no incentive to find a sub. I love our new principal.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I checked my email again in hopes that they would have gotten a sub. Still no luck, but our principal did tell us we'd be compensated for the extra work and loss of prep time. That's a first. Normally when they can't find a sub, they save money since they don't have to pay a sub... meaning there's no incentive to find a sub. I love our new principal.

we always get paid if we cover for another teacher during our prep time. It isn’t worth losing prep time but at least it is something.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have been in the living room most of the night....listening to music and looking at the Elves and the tree.View attachment 604667
Wow, you all are early with your decorations. (They look really nice, by the way. I know that your wife has a knack for design presentation; although I'm sure that the family decorated together, with various input from all.) We don't decorate until about the 2nd week of December, and that's partly due to not getting the (real) tree too early, so that it won't dry out by Christmas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom