The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
dang..
95 years!

OMG -- I saw this show on CBS last night!! It was EXCELLENT -- what a great show by both of them!!

P.S.: On another channel was a Disney special -- it was meh.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I usually avoid the big sale dates, but caved this morning on Cyber Monday. We had planned to order Omaha Steaks for someone, and it turned out that O.S. is having a 50% discount on their site today! :happy: (Not sure if it's absolutely everything, but they had a great package that I jumped at, to send as a holiday gift.)

Goofyernmost

My daughter called me last night to tell me that she had just watched Part 1 of the Beatles "Get Back" documentary on Disney+. Being a major fan for the last 50+ years, I was then motivated to watch it myself for two reasons.

First because I loved the Beatles and still do. I have a massive number of hours of Beatle music on that little SD chip plugged into my car stereo including many of the songs as that show was being filmed. It was intended to be a live concert, a TV documentary and an album. It became the concert on the roof of Apple Records and the "Let it be" album but they broke up shortly after and the documentary never aired until now, 50 years later.

Second, and more important to me was that even though my daughter and I have always been close, I guess the topic never came up so I didn't realize that she was a closet Beatles fan as well. (She kind of strayed when she married a Country Western advocate), anyway she called me and I honestly have never heard her talk more excitedly for a non-political topic. She raved about how fantastic it was to watch the creative process that was how Paul, John, George and Ringo created all that timeless and spectacular music. As frosting on the cake, it was her son that asked her to watch it with him, so I have a third generation connection. I remember him as a kid in elementary school when I would sometimes pick him up to take him home and how I had to play "Here Comes The Sun" from the Abbey Road album, over and over until we got there.

I am anticipating watching the next two sections of this documentary. It is kind of sad because you can see that even though they are working together for the first time in over a year it was obvious that they were coming to an end as a group. To me it seemed that they were at the point were they felt they had achieved everything and much, much more than they ever thought was possible and just didn't know what else they could accomplish. I am happy to have lived in the era that all this happened even though it spoiled me for groups or individuals following them. I just don't enjoy it as much. Sorry for the ramble, I'm just excited to have something of interest between someone that is 20 compared to my 73, but am also excited that my daughter is now on board again as well.
I almost deleted this because it seemed so minor with all the stuff happening in the world today, but then decided that no one has to read it, so all I did was just take up a little cyberspace.

StarWarsGirl

I usually avoid the big sale dates, but caved this morning on Cyber Monday. We had planned to order Omaha Steaks for someone, and it turned out that O.S. is having a 50% discount on their site today! :happy: (Not sure if it's absolutely everything, but they had a great package that I jumped at, to send as a holiday gift.)
Oh god. My dad has an Omaha Steaks addiction. How much is going to show up at our house?

StarWarsGirl

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom