Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

nickys

Premium Member
Really? I thought it was that if you book your first LL at 7 (say for Btm) and your first available time is 1:00-2:00 pm, you can book another LL at 11am ( If park opening is at 9 o'clock). Now if your second LL that you book at 11am is for a return time of say, 11:15-12:15 and you use it at 11:30, genie will allow you to book another LL even before you use your Btm at 1:00pm. I'm assuming that's how this stacking works?
That’s part of how it works. And that still does.

The extra step appears to have been closed, presumably because it was an unintended consequence of the criteria that allow you to book another LL.

bubbles1812

There’s so many bad aspects of genie and it’s hard to pick the worst one but i would say is waking up at 6:50am EVERY day is the worst. Either that or the cost. Or that it doesn’t hold your selected time. Or you have to cancel instead of replacing. Or that you have to be on your phone all day. Or that every good ride sold out at HS before I booked my second genie. Or that you can’t choose return times. Or that ILL sell out in less than 30 seconds. Or that you need 3 people on separate mde accounts to book. Or……..oh never mind, you get the point
Ehh, this part is relative. I am a natural born rope dropper. 5:30-6:30 am wake up times are the norm for my family, so getting up every day at that time isn’t super upsetting to me as we are always there for park opening. (Once Upon a December 2019, we were even crazy enough to get up at 330 am (twice) to go wait in line with the other crazies for ROTR the week it opened 😅).

I’m guessing there are many others who won’t be bothered by the 650 am wake up, not to discount your experience.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Ehh, this part is relative. I am a natural born rope dropper. 5:30-6:30 am wake up times are the norm for my family, so getting up every day at that time isn’t super bothersome to me. (Once Upon a December 2019, we were even crazy enough to get up at 330 am (twice) to go wait in line with the other crazies for ROTR the week it opened 😅)

I’m guessing there are many others who won’t be bothered by the 650 am wake up, not to discount your experience.
I'm a rope dropper too. But l would rather not be scrambling for a LL pass every day while trying to get out the door with the kids to go to the parks.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Yeah, this is why I think LL is nowhere near the same capacity allocation as FP+ was.
I'm almost sure you're correct. I daresay I would call the LL ratio miniscule compared to FP+.
And that’s the only thing I like about G+
ABSOLUTELY. If you scored an LL, it generally was incredible. Other than the 30-minute HM fiasco my parents had Sunday that was discussed 10 or so pages back.

Mander

In the Parks
No
No you wouldn't have. The mad scramble you experienced at 7am today would have still happened at 7am 60 days ago.

This just doesn't seem comparable to me. One early morning 60 days out where I can use my computer to book instead of a phone versus having to do the same scramble every single day of my vacation. As the person who plans for my family, I'm really not looking forward to having to do that almost every day we are there. I get that FP+ was broken but I'd much prefer they'd gone with MaxPass exactly than this.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
This just doesn't seem comparable to me. One early morning 60 days out where I can use my computer to book instead of a phone versus having to do the same scramble every single day of my vacation. As the person who plans for my family, I'm really not looking forward to having to do that almost every day we are there. I get that FP+ was broken but I'd much prefer they'd gone with MaxPass exactly than this.
I'm old enough to remember almost the entire fan community and moaning that they hated how Disney "forced" them to plan "every second" of their vacations two months in advance.

Just go to the park and get in line. You're under no obligation whatsoever to buy ILL. I hate it too, but it's easy enough to avoid.

Mander

In the Parks
No
I'm old enough to remember almost the entire fan community ******** and moaning that they hated how Disney "forced" them to plan "every second" of their vacations two months in advance.

Just go to the park and get in line. You're under no obligation whatsoever to buy ILL. I hate it too, but it's easy enough to avoid.
I'd be happy if they went back to standby only. Standby when others are using G+/LL isn't quite the same.

And I can promise you never heard me complain about the previous planning. I loved that I could have a rough outline of our day ahead of time and not worry once we were there.

Somehow the combination of Genie+, park reservations, and park hopping limits just makes it all feel worse.

bubbles1812

I try not to use the busses for rope drop anymore since they don't run as consistently.
That I’ll give you about the consistency. We didn’t have a problem at rope drop but we waited 90+ minutes to catch a bus from AK back to Caribbean Beach at about 230 pm on Nov 1st.

The Disney buses have never been perfect, but I had never experienced that before. Nor had I ever talked to Disney Customer Experience and Disney Transport on the phone before. Ended up with 75$ in compensation from Disney as we missed a reservation elsewhere. 😒

Casper Gutman

I'd be happy if they went back to standby only. Standby when others are using G+/LL isn't quite the same.

And I can promise you never heard me complain about the previous planning. I loved that I could have a rough outline of our day ahead of time and not worry once we were there.

Somehow the combination of Genie+, park reservations, and park hopping limits just makes it all feel worse.
The parks were designed for standby. It’s embedded in a whole host of design decisions that can’t be changed unless you basically rebuild the parks from the ground up. Any line-skipping system very literally breaks the park. Now, maybe some systems break it in a way that benefits (or seems to benefit) a small group of guests who do the park in a very particular way, but even they likely experience the breakage as an inconvenience at some point. Disney has thrashed around through so many different line-skipping systems because they keep trying to fix a broken system by breaking it in a different way.

Standby and capacity increases. That’s it. That’s what will work in the existing parks. A line-skipping system will only work if it’s so expensive that the number of people using it is minuscule and it’s impact on the parks is negligible.

G00fyDad

Ehh, this part is relative. I am a natural born rope dropper. 5:30-6:30 am wake up times are the norm for my family, so getting up every day at that time isn’t super upsetting to me as we are always there for park opening. (Once Upon a December 2019, we were even crazy enough to get up at 330 am (twice) to go wait in line with the other crazies for ROTR the week it opened 😅).

Right there with ya! 😁👍

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom