News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

ImperfectPixie

I don’t think they want to keep it a secret becuase there’s people like me who were planning on dropping around 10k for this experience and the more I keep learning about the more it turns me off. You’d think Dosmey wants to get as much of my money as possible and the only way to do that is to preview something truly incredible, and waving a non telescoping toy saber at a flashlight beam ain’t it.

As an aside, what do guests who smoke do when they want to light up? I’m not a smoker but just wonder if that “courtyard” will become the designated smoking area.
I really don't think Disney cares and no, I doubt the courtyard will be a smoking area.

Buried20KLeague

~300 fully booked

so 300 people on board. All of which will visit the bridge.

question is…. Will some lucky kid out of a group get to send the ship into hyperdrive once an hour, with the majority not able to activate it (at the insane prices)…. Or will everyone get a turn so the ship is constantly going into hyperdrive during “normal operating hours”.

someone do the math. Let’s say half the people activate it (because some are parents that willingly will opt out).

How many “normal operating hours” are there during a cruise? If half those people activate it during those hours how often will it happen?

my guess is everyone will be allowed to do it, but the rest of the monitors around the hotel only show it once an hour. Or once every two.

If they restrict it to one kid in a group, galactic relations will likely have a nice long futuristic line.

GimpYancIent

question is…. Will some lucky kid out of a group get to send the ship into hyperdrive once an hour, with the majority not able to activate it (at the insane prices)…. Or will everyone get a turn so the ship is constantly going into hyperdrive during “normal operating hours”.

someone do the math. Let’s say half the people activate it (because some are parents that willingly will opt out).

How many “normal operating hours” are there during a cruise? If half those people activate it during those hours how often will it happen?

my guess is everyone will be allowed to do it, but the rest of the monitors around the hotel only show it once an hour. Or once every two.

If they restrict it to one kid in a group, galactic relations will likely have a nice long futuristic line.
So, the bridge will be off limits / closed off / inaccessible during non-operational hours? Won't there be a night watch at the bridge / helm during the so-called non-operational hours?

Buried20KLeague

So, the bridge will be off limits / closed off / inaccessible during non-operational hours? Won't there be a night watch at the bridge / helm during the so-called non-operational hours?

I’m assuming no bridge tours from the beginning of dinner till the next morning. Just guessing, bridge tours might be 9-6 during the two days of the cruise. ??

that’s 18 hours of bridge tours.

if 150 people get the opportunity to send the ship to hyperdrive (which is half the guests because some people might willingly say no)…. That’s 8 times an hour, or once every 7.5 minutes.

so either not everyone will get to do it (which would me off if I paid that money), or the screens in the rest of the resort won’t show it every time.

And if everyone gets to do it, it’ll be like sorcerers of the MK…. So many people in line to pull the lever, the people at the end won’t care because they’ve seen in 10 times.

MrPromey

Assuming the rumors of the whole ship showing it every time someone does it are false, they could get around this with more than one bridge to allow for parallel experiences. Maybe not as involved as a turntable the way Smugglers Run works but in the way Mickey sees a lot of people an hour during normal times at the front of MK.

. You know, going quickly from room-to-room. ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m assuming no bridge tours from the beginning of dinner till the next morning. Just guessing, bridge tours might be 9-6 during the two days of the cruise. ??

if 150 people get the opportunity to send the ship to hyperdrive (which is half the guests because some people might willingly say no)…. That’s 8 times an hour, or once every 7.5 minutes.

so either not everyone will get to do it (which would **** me off if I paid that money), or the screens in the rest of the resort won’t show it every time.

And if everyone gets to do it, it’ll be like sorcerers of the MK…. So many people in line to pull the lever, the people at the end won’t care because they’ve seen in 10 times.
The bridge is a venue for a role-playing event. It is not a "everyone takes a turn randomly jumping the ship into hyperdrive" arcade game. It is dressing to the story that is unfolding.

In any other LARP, the gamemaster would announce that hyperdrive has been engaged. And if they're big into props, might shine a spotlight onto a mirrored ball for 'the effect.'

And if someone told the gamemaster they wanted to just randomly activate the hyperdrive, they'd be told that a bridge attendant intercepted them and scolded them for being so reckless, or, that nothing happened because the hyperdrive needed to recharge.

On the Halcyon... you don't need a mirrored ball. And there will be in-game reasons why the five year old won't be able to yank a starcruiser in and out of hyperdrive every two seconds.

Honestly, I don't know why people are devising the most absurd 'possibilities' and then criticizing the event for allowing the stuff they just made up in their head.

Casper Gutman

The bridge is a venue for a role-playing event. It is not a "everyone takes a turn randomly jumping the ship into hyperdrive" arcade game. It is dressing to the story that is unfolding.

In any other LARP, the gamemaster would announce that hyperdrive has been engaged. And if they're big into props, might shine a spotlight onto a mirrored ball for 'the effect.'

And if someone told the gamemaster they wanted to just randomly activate the hyperdrive, they'd be told that a bridge attendant intercepted them and scolded them for being so reckless, or, that nothing happened because the hyperdrive needed to recharge.

On the Halcyon... you don't need a mirrored ball. And there will be in-game reasons why the five year old won't be able to yank a starcruiser in and out of hyperdrive every two seconds.

Honestly, I don't know why people are devising the most absurd 'possibilities' and then criticizing the event for allowing the stuff they just made up in their head.
The five-year-old is going to want to yank the hyperdrive lever. All the five-year-olds will. And a lot of older and younger guests. And if they don't they will be disappointed. Which is one of the difficulties with LARPing on this scale and with this diverse range of ages.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The five-year-old is going to want to yank the hyperdrive lever. All the five-year-olds will. And a lot of older and younger guests. And if they don't they will be disappointed. Which is one of the difficulties with LARPing on this scale and with this diverse range of ages.
They'll also want to hang on the ropes, chase the ducks, wade into the ponds, cut the line so they get on a ride *now*, run out into the parade route, get off a moving ride vehicle, etc...

Sometimes five years don't get what they want. Some deal with it. Some don't.

CMs should have diversions ready for younglings at the ready.

fryoj

so either not everyone will get to do it (which would **** me off if I paid that money), or the screens in the rest of the resort won’t show it every time.

Check in the first day is 1 pm, but no reason that can't go later than 6.

And it might be a smugglers run deal. send a group in and everyone has a different role. Yeah, that isn't going to please the ones who paid $5k and want to do it all.

Casper Gutman

They'll also want to hang on the ropes, chase the ducks, wade into the ponds, cut the line so they get on a ride *now*, run out into the parade route, get off a moving ride vehicle, etc...

Sometimes five years don't get what they want. Some deal with it. Some don't.
Ah, but those five year olds don't have parents who have paid upwards of $15000 to pull the lever...

Buried20KLeague

so a small number of lucky kids will pull the lever. Which I used as the first possibility.

Which will also tick off a ton of parents who blew massive cash and their kid didn’t get to “do the thing with the stars”.

the question of how something that was shown in a first look of a D23 sales video will be handled is far from absurd. Far less so than the money parents will spend to watch some other kid do what their kid has talked about for weeks leading up to the “cruise” and doesn’t get a chance to do.

you don’t think a majority of parents are going to have the opinion that they dropped major coin on this whole thing, and little Johnny better get a shot at everything there is to offer?

this whole thing is nuts and it’s a microcosm of what’s wrong with WDW these days (and the last number of years). This whole thing better fail at the price point it’s been set at, or the future of WDW is even more bleak than it already is.

Cesar R M

Or they could do the Wizarding style (Ollivander's at Universal )
Where they gather a group and a lucky random one of the group gets to press the handle for hyperdrive. The rest can play the "pew pew" game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom