News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Cesar R M

Oh I dunno - that part seems cool.. and weird at the same time. The entire ship *IS* going into hyperspace after all!
I wonder if the battle sequences are coordinated the same way - also, does each "view" get their own custom rendering of it or does everybody get the "right side" or "left side" view? (Sorry - starboard and port view :p )

Akshually... I just had an interesting thought. Instead of Star Wars, what if they had done this as The Axiom from Wall-E? (And who knows - it may yet end up that way!)
I do not have any problem with ALL the ship going into hyperspeed.
What I mean is, imagine you're sleeping, and the ship keeps going into hyperspeed every 5 seconds because a kid got into the controls.

I'm just hoping there would be a cooldown.

GimpYancIent

What I mean is, imagine you're sleeping, and the ship keeps going into hyperspeed every 5 seconds because a kid got into the controls.

Fair! How can multiple / continuous launchings into hyper speed by littles be prevented so other screen features can happen such as engaging Tie Fighters? This looks like it could become galactic cat herding.

Incomudro

I don't see any reason why the screens in the guest rooms would need to coordinate with the view from the bridge.
The locations aren't close enough to each other to warrant them to be synched.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I would be surprised if the bridge 'mechanics' weren't supervised. No five year old flipping the hyperdrive on and off a few dozen times. Or, the controls could be 'locked' by the captain such that none of the controls do anything until they're unlocked.

Also, room portals have blast shield closures if you don't want to see 'space' anymore.

Cesar R M

I don't see any reason why the screens in the guest rooms would need to coordinate with the view from the bridge.
The locations aren't close enough to each other to warrant them to be synched.
Someone mentioned that they were linked for "immersion". But yeah, I agree that it would be weird to sync all these screens that way.

I imagine they will at least be animated a la DCL's magic portholes.

Incomudro

It wouldn't want hyperspace synced in the room. But I would expect sunrise/sunset views of Batuu to be synced like they've managed for Space 220.
Yes, certainly that type of thing - as well as location if the ship is meant to travel to one.
But I would hope that yeah, every time a kid goes lightspeed you don't have to deal with that at your cabin window.

I can however imagine a timed sequence on the cruise where the First Order come and the whole itinerary involves it, including the cabin windows.

yensidtlaw1969

If you thought Harmonious response was bad... you ain't seen nothin' yet.
unnamed.jpg

UNCgolf

Don't those children know how unhappy they should be?!?!?!

That's actually my biggest issue with what I've seen so far. The lightsaber training and the bridge both look like they were designed for 10 year olds (or younger). Neither of them looked like anything that's going to move the needle for an adult.

There's nothing wrong with that in a vacuum -- having an area full of Star Wars themed kids activities would be a great addition to Galaxy's Edge -- but for $5000+ I'd expect something far better.

I assume there will be more impressive experiences that Disney hasn't shown, but I still don't understand who that video was really for.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom