News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

hosekiller

Well, that’s about their timeframe for most attractions now. Nearly everyone forgot about Avatar until right before it opened and that took just as long. They spend ions researching details that most people won’t even see. While that’s a nice plus, I don’t understand delaying projects to get them in. They spent like a month just on the type of grass that should be on top of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I mean, is anyone really going to care if it isn’t the kind of grass that is typical in Bavaria?
It’s pretty crazy/insane/insert adjective of choice here. At this rate we will have moved on from Disney to check out other destinations before the train is back open. Oh well 🤷🏻‍♂️

No Name

Well, that’s about their timeframe for most attractions now. Nearly everyone forgot about Avatar until right before it opened and that took just as long. They spend ions researching details that most people won’t even see. While that’s a nice plus, I don’t understand delaying projects to get them in. They spent like a month just on the type of grass that should be on top of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I mean, is anyone really going to care if it isn’t the kind of grass that is typical in Bavaria?
I mean Camp Minnie Mickey closed in 2014, Pandora opened 2017. The railroad has also been closed for almost three years. Not sure where anyone is getting 7 years from out of any of this.

raven

I mean Camp Minnie Mickey closed in 2014, Pandora opened 2017. The railroad has also been closed for almost three years. Not sure where anyone is getting 7 years from out of any of this.
Announcement dates come into play here.

hosekiller

My bad, it was closed for refurbishment during our first visit. Every other trip was due to Tron, but either way, it’s been 7 years and I’ve been unable to ride it.

No Name

Announcement dates come into play here.
Why? The original comment was about things actually being closed due to construction. Who really cares how early they choose to announce something, it has no real bearing on peoples’ experience at the parks.

matt9112

Why? The original comment was about things actually being closed due to construction. Who really cares how early they choose to announce something, it has no real bearing on peoples’ experience at the parks.

It sets expectations. Disney loves to announce really early and get all the media hype...butately that has led to some underwhelming results. Its probably best to not announce things until its 100%. Look at velocioaster as an example.

DomVF07

Taken today. It appears most work is focused on the tunnel for the train at the moment which is promising….
D622AAA6-6758-4B85-BD92-BD7D9EDAF7DD.jpeg
4E46BBF6-AF66-4D30-8CDF-603B7096FF86.jpeg
1E0FBA78-929B-431D-A1E9-0B516C1BE8BD.jpeg
8666B501-69C9-4713-9B7C-CBAC5FD1026A.jpeg
A3875355-5757-4C94-80AB-B1951EA5C778.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom