Destination D23 2021

Communicora

Premium Member
Are the Archives park specific or are they for the whole company (e.g. also involving film items)? If it's the latter, I can understand keeping it in Burbank. If it's the former then wouldn't it make sense to move it to Florida as well?

Not really a criticism, more of a question. I mean, these kinds of items are things I would want to be located near the bulk of the WDI folks. As a creative branch, you can get inspiration from different sources and I think most of us would want the modern Imagineers to be able to see and learn as much from the past masters of the field as possible.
Yeah, this is one of the things I find disappointing about the WDI move to Florida. They will be away from the historical hub of the company and the general creative atmosphere of southern California.

mightynine

I mean… doesn’t this make anyone else a bit mad? These things should be in their original spots, not in a hotel ballroom urging folks to spend thousands on merchandise celebrating attractions that have been destroyed. It seems like the height of cynicism.
Sure, but if you were to put all this in a proper museum setting, I'd be right there.

Just think, decades from now, it could feature the striking purple from GOTG and concrete samples on display in the "The Zach" wing!

doctornick

Are we expecting any big announcements at this event?

From a parks prospective? Seems like we might get some stuff like dates or just announcements about the return of entertainment like FoF parade and/or maybe Fantasmic!. Might hear about Paint The Night coming to WDW. Could get opening dates or more details about GotG or Tron (or even Play I guess).

I don't think we'll see anything announced like a new planned E-ticket though. Even if such things are in the works, that would probably be announced at the bigger D23 next summer.

TTA94

From a parks prospective? Seems like we might get some stuff like dates or just announcements about the return of entertainment like FoF parade and/or maybe Fantasmic!. Might hear about Paint The Night coming to WDW. Could get opening dates or more details about GotG or Tron (or even Play I guess).

I don't think we'll see anything announced like a new planned E-ticket though. Even if such things are in the works, that would probably be announced at the bigger D23 next summer.

Somewhat skeptical of the whole paint the night thing lol. But we’ll see. After all the years of rumors many won’t believe it till it comes out of D’amaros mouth lol.

ToTBellHop

No E-tickets. They already have two coming soon, so the timing is wrong for that. Maybe they will assign a season for at least one of the under-construction ones, though. Assigning at least a year for the other would be nice.

Entertainment announcements are planned.

I’m skeptical about PtN, too. It’s been rumored off and on for so long but I don’t trust this company to pay the pennies required to get it going. They’re super lazy, especially in Florida. I could see FoF returning and them calling it a day.

ToTBellHop

The internet waiting for a parade to return:
1637348931535.gif

TTA94

No E-tickets. They already have two coming soon, so the timing is wrong for that. Maybe they will assign a season for at least one of the under-construction ones, though. Assigning at least a year for the other would be nice.

I’m skeptical about PtN, too. It’s been rumored off and on for so long but I don’t trust this company to pay the pennies required to get it going. They’re super lazy, especially in Florida. I could see FoF returning and them calling it a day.

Wow do you think we fell for yet another false rumor of PTN coming to WDW? 🤦‍♂️ Lol. Those at Blog Mickey typically do not run and post things if there isn’t some strong truth behind it. But in this case I’m not so sure lol.

ToTBellHop

Wow do you think we fell for yet another false rumor of PTN coming to WDW? 🤦‍♂️ Lol. Those at Blog Mickey typically do not run and post things if there isn’t some strong truth behind it. But in this case I’m not so sure lol.
There’s always been some truth in PtN. But I’ll believe they’ve pulled the trigger when I’m watching it roll down the street. They’re so damn cheap.

CaptainAmerica

Remember when months before big events we would have insiders offering up riddles and hints about what might be coming. I miss those days. Maybe in 3-5 years we might get some big announcements again.
As I've alluded to elsewhere, Destination D is not the D23 Expo. This isn't the big one, and we NEVER would have had any meaningful expectations for a meeting like this.

ppete1975

As I've alluded to elsewhere, Destination D is not the D23 Expo. This isn't the big one, and we NEVER would have had any meaningful expectations for a meeting like this.
We have had unrealistic expectations for everything. Oh someone tweeted big news tomorrow at 2pm with a shadow of figment-is imagination getting redone? 400 pages later, its an epcot cupcake

jrhwdw

Aside from the PTN stuff. Are we going to see new or returning Entertainment Announcements??

IDK if we should hold or breath on PTN or not. While I'd love for this to be over. That Other Site hasn't even chimed in on the Blog Mickey rumor.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom