i am suppose to book my trip .... BUT I AM TOO MAD TO DO IT...

JusticeDisney

I actually think that's at the heart of the issue. They're mad at current Disney policy but they are even more mad at those who still love it and have no problem returning. Basically we're told that we are "rich" and Disney wasn't originally made for us or as in the LL thread They're "stupid "
Go figure
You could not be more spot on!

FutureCEO

Just because Disney added all this stuff doesn't mean you have to pay for it. It is Disney how we know it? No but WDW would be too crowded otherwise.

Next year is my last trip. Sure my parents have the timeshare. Ironically they wouldn't be able to afford it today even resale. But there's more to the world than just Disney.

eliza61nyc

you could not be more wrong.. I am mad at no one with the exception of Disney management.. again price increases happen.. we were prepared for all of that.. its the stuff that Disney has taken away that really ads up..
No matter who your upset or mad at, the bottom line is and this is just from your original post, you are convinced that you will not have the magic you need for a great vacation. So months out you've got that mindset.
So and this is a sincere question. What do you honestly think is going to happen?? Now I could be wrong, I don't know you but it reads like a recipe for disaster. I'm betting that if you go you'll be back complaining about all the things that are wrong.
Maybe it's just me but personally that's a waste of money

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
i am not sure what you were hoping to get out of this thread, but the obvious answer of “don’t go” has been said a hundred times already.

it’s not just Disney that has changed over the years. You’ve changed too. I’ve learned over the years that you can never recreate the magic that you’ve already experienced. Any time you try you’ll just be disappointed. with regards to Disney don’t go back until you’re willing to create new magic and memories instead of trying to relive old magic.

SSH

Disney is not going back to the 80s or 90s.
The angst many on these forums seem to be experiencing seems a lot like being in love with someone who's changed or moved on and no longer loves you. You just hang on desperately, trying, wishing, hoping things could go back to the way they were...so you can be happy again. But you miss the chance to discover and embrace something new - something that maybe could make you just as happy or even happier.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The angst many on these forums seem to be experiencing seems a lot like being in love with someone who's changed or moved on and no longer loves you. You just hang on desperately, trying, wishing, hoping things could go back to the way they were...so you can be happy again. But you miss the chance to discover and embrace something new - something that maybe could make you just as happy or even happier.

The "angst" is knowing Disney can and has done better, but management no longer has any desire to do anything beyond the absolute minimum because the sheep absolutely eat it up. "Good enough" is what they aim for these days 98% of the time, not "blow your mind". Rise is the lone exception since Everest opened 15 years ago. Show me one thing they've ripped-and-replaced in the last 2 decades that has been better than what was there before, and don't give me the standard BS response of "no one rode what they replaced, that's why it was replaced". Lack of maintenance is no excuse for cheapness and poor decision making.

dreday3

The "angst" is knowing Disney can and has done better, but management no longer has any desire to do anything beyond the absolute minimum because the sheep absolutely eat it up. "Good enough" is what they aim for these days 98% of the time, not "blow your mind". Rise is the lone exception since Everest opened 15 years ago. Show me one thing they've ripped-and-replaced in the last 2 decades that has been better than what was there before, and don't give me the standard BS response of "no one rode what they replaced, that's why it was replaced". Lack of maintenance is no excuse for cheapness and poor decision making.

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway - LIGHTYEARS better than The Great Movie Ride. 100% positive addition. Blew my mind. The Great Movie Ride was stale and boring - never understood how people put that ride in the category of classic Disney or Epcot rides like HM, Pirates, Small World, Horizons, Spaceship Earth...

This type of "show me this" is pointless anyways as it's all just one person's opinion.

eliza61nyc

Not many would expect them to. It seems the main issue is a perceived reduction in quality for the increased price asked.
which again begs the question. Before they go (those who feel there is a reduction in quality) they already know this. They've formed their opinion on the changes and yes I do think many want to go back to the "glory days" because that's all they talk, compare and complain about. 99% of the time it's "walt wouldn't have done this" or "Disney use to____" lol I used to keep count of how long a thread would go before someone said 'Disney use to be for the working man"
I digress but again. OP is planning a trip and complaining BEFORE he even makes reservations about the so called lack of quality, so yeah he's living off of the memories

eliza61nyc

Mickey's Runaway RR. 100X's better than the old sad tired, waste of 15 minutes that was the TGMR.
Toy story land is supremely better than that empty strip of land that was there before

But again HP why would you even contemplate going some where, where you would even have "angst". lol I really though the purpose of a vacation was to have fun?

Last edited:

Thepuma

I hear you....as a Brit, and one that previous to covid used to visit Orlando 3 times a year, we have planned to come for 2 weeks end of November and that will be our last. We used to go to a Disney park almost every day of our 2 week holidays, but the genie+ and LL shenanigans has taken the edge off it for us and taken the magic away from Disney.

From next year we will be visiting other theme parks around the world and visiting New places. It was fun while it last Orlando, but Disney has put the final nail in that coffin.

Such a shame that greed always wins.

MickeyLuv'r

I actually think that's at the heart of the issue. They're mad at current Disney policy but they are even more mad at those who still love it and have no problem returning. Basically we're told that we are "rich" and Disney wasn't originally made for us or as in the LL thread They're "stupid "
Go figure
Okay, but if you think the subjects are silly, why participate?

For myself, I'm not mad at anyone currently going to WDW, nor have I said either of the above; you're keeping the place in business.

MickeyLuv'r

I think the problem is we put the emphasis on changing the company. That is never going to happen. When I say stop going it's because my emphasis is why go somewhere that you spend hours upon hours complaining about?? I seriously don't get that. This is THE ONLY place I know where people call themselves fans, live off of a memory of a good time and then get mad at the company. What's the old saying "foil me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".
The company is not, I repeat not going to change in the near future.
So the stop going argument shouldn't fall flat because it's the very simple solution. Find somewhere else, if you (no you personally but general use of the word) start planning a vacation and it immediately makes you unhappy or stress. Sorry imo, that's a clear sign that wdw is no longer a good fit and that's cool
Disney is not going back to the 80s or 90s.
huh? WDW is going to change in the near future. We know this: Multiple new rides will debut, Starcruiser will open, Epcot is getting a major facelift, and Magic Express will soon end. I can say with absolute certainty, big changes are coming to WDW in the next few years.

Alas, if you have never heard sports fans complaining about how the Dodgers left Brooklyn or the Colts left Baltimore, consider yourself very lucky! Sports fans hold on to those debates for a lifetime!

But well, as you said, "fool me once...." Why do you keep reading AND posting if you repeatedly find the discussion so distasteful? I mean, there was nothing obscure about the title or opening post of this thread.

It is possible feel both frustration (of change) and nostalgia at the same time. That tension is as old as time. I'm pretty sure the ancient Greeks wrote a play about it. No, wait, many plays. Also Shakespeare. Even a Disney tale or two...

DfromATX

you could not be more wrong.. I am mad at no one with the exception of Disney management.. again price increases happen.. we were prepared for all of that.. its the stuff that Disney has taken away that really ads up..

I agree with you on this. I am so mad at "management," I hate all the perks being taken away too, and don't get me started on Genie+, but... I still love Disney and what it has meant to my family. We choose to go and enjoy "Disney" not their management. I think if you enjoy Disney World, you will still enjoy it even now.

eliza61nyc

huh? WDW is going to change in the near future. We know this: Multiple new rides will debut, Starcruiser will open, Epcot is getting a major facelift, and Magic Express will soon end. I can say with absolute certainty, big changes are coming to WDW in the next few years.

Alas, if you have never heard sports fans complaining about how the Dodgers left Brooklyn or the Colts left Baltimore, consider yourself very lucky! Sports fans hold on to those debates for a lifetime!

But well, as you said, "fool me once...." Why do you keep reading AND posting if you repeatedly find the discussion so distasteful? I mean, there was nothing obscure about the title or opening post of this thread.

It is possible feel both frustration (of change) and nostalgia at the same time. That tension is as old as time. I'm pretty sure the ancient Greeks wrote a play about it. No, wait, many plays. Also Shakespeare. Even a Disney tale
Okay, but if you think the subjects are silly, why participate?

For myself, I'm not mad at anyone currently going to WDW, nor have I said either of the above; you're keeping the place in business.
I never said the subject was silly? I did say I don't understand dropping thousands of dollars on a vacation that you are going into unhappy.

The Op says he wants to go to a place where he cries with happiness Multiple times during the trip and he feels Disney no longer gives him that feeling. So naturally I'm questioning why he wants to go back?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom