News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
When reality doesn’t match the worldview you hold in your head, the correct response is not to try to warp reality.

The claim that masks are not effecting attendance is demonstrably false.

It’s so far outside the scope of reality that the burden to prove otherwise would fall to you.

I know this my shock you, but some people don’t like wearing masks. They are not going to traverse to one of the worlds most expensive vacation destinations when mandates are in place.

Plenty of people are fine with the mandate and the parks will be busy. That does not change the fact that others will stay home waiting for a return to normal.
Delta crushed attendance…it was predicted in the travel and business press for months.

you’re free to be wrong. There isn’t a mass “anti-mask” boycott of booking Disney world. It’s far down on the list.

start with the covid crisis, the summer spike, and big time prices and go from there…

just because you keep quipping your nonsense back…doesn’t make it more true. Last talking isn’t by default correct…usually the opposite…actually.

Trauma

Delta crushed attendance…it was predicted in the travel and business press for months.

you’re free to be wrong. There isn’t a mass “anti-mask” boycott of booking Disney world. It’s far down on the list.

start with the covid crisis, the summer spike, and big time prices and go from there…

just because you keep quipping your nonsense back…doesn’t make it more true. Last talking isn’t by default correct…usually the opposite…actually.
So Covid had a larger effect on attendance than masks and therefore masking is a non issue.

Got it!

🤪

Heelz2315

Ok so we've got the vaccine approved for 5-11. What's the odds of WDW budging soon?

"it’s starting to look like we might see the end of the indoor mask mandate in the next month or so."

.....as cases begin to swing back up in the US. UGH....

ToTBellHop

Ok so we've got the vaccine approved for 5-11. What's the odds of WDW budging soon?

"it’s starting to look like we might see the end of the indoor mask mandate in the next month or so."

Cases of all respiratory illness will be increasing. It’s that time of year.

And this is why we are taking the kids to Universal next month. Getting jabbed is hard on kids. I won’t “reward“ them with masks on Big Thunder.

PirateFrank

Well, we got back Friday (we have been at home since) and we started feeling like a butt Saturday evening. Worked home yesterday and today as scheduled, but supposed to go in tomorrow. Called boss, had to fill out a Covid thing and work had me go take a PCR test today, I get to work home the rest of the week! Should get results tomorrow.

I'm 99.9% sure we have some sort of sinus thing and not Covid (no one else on trip has any symptoms) - hotel air conditioning usually triggers it in me. But this is pretty bad congestion with a sore throat, very low-grade fever and my eyes and nose are swollen! But never lost sense of taste or smell. My guy also has it.

Regardless of what it is, who the heck was either walking around Disney or flying with this? They must have felt awful! :oops: Glad I went downhill when I was already home.

Everyone (guests) had masks on wherever required that I saw, everything seemed clean. We were very good about using sanitizer... Sometimes things just happen!

This is going to be a thing for years to come. As a nation, we spent 18mo at home, masks on in public, washing our hands 3x more than normal, hand sanitizer, distancing.

The end result is that our natural immune systems have not been exercised….anywhere close to what our immune systems had to deal with prior to March 2020.

I just got over the worst respiratory infection I’ve ever had. It wasn’t Covid. But it kept me bed ridden for a week and 2 weeks later, I’m still fighting a cough. I blame the fact that my natural immunity hasn’t been exercised for 20 months.

I suspect when we finally stop with the masks, distancing and other elements of covid as it enters endemic stages…..a lot of us are going to get sick. Very sick…..and it won’t be covid.

Lilofan

This is going to be a thing for years to come. As a nation, we spent 18mo at home, masks on in public, washing our hands 3x more than normal, hand sanitizer, distancing.

The end result is that our natural immune systems have not been exercised….anywhere close to what our immune systems had to deal with prior to March 2020.

I just got over the worst respiratory infection I’ve ever had. It wasn’t Covid. But it kept me bed ridden for a week and 2 weeks later, I’m still fighting a cough. I blame the fact that my natural immunity hasn’t been exercised for 20 months.

I suspect when we finally stop with the masks, distancing and other elements of covid as it enters endemic stages…..a lot of us are going to get sick. Very sick…..and it won’t be covid.
I work out with a fellow gym member who admitted he hardly ever washed his hands. Prior to getting the vaccine he told me he had symptoms of Covid for over one week , dealt with it in bed , tested positive and he believed his poor hygiene contributed in getting Covid.

Dranth

Well, we got back Friday (we have been at home since) and we started feeling like a butt Saturday evening. Worked home yesterday and today as scheduled, but supposed to go in tomorrow. Called boss, had to fill out a Covid thing and work had me go take a PCR test today, I get to work home the rest of the week! Should get results tomorrow.

I'm 99.9% sure we have some sort of sinus thing and not Covid (no one else on trip has any symptoms) - hotel air conditioning usually triggers it in me. But this is pretty bad congestion with a sore throat, very low-grade fever and my eyes and nose are swollen! But never lost sense of taste or smell. My guy also has it.

Regardless of what it is, who the heck was either walking around Disney or flying with this? They must have felt awful! :oops: Glad I went downhill when I was already home.

Everyone (guests) had masks on wherever required that I saw, everything seemed clean. We were very good about using sanitizer... Sometimes things just happen!
Similar experience here.

We got back Sunday and wife was already starting to feel bad on the drive back. Her test came back negative so we are pretty sure it is just a cold.

As for the masks, we were there 11 days and saw very little issues outside of one incident on the Skyliner with a 20 something that felt like having a tantrum. Later in the evenings at EPCOT I noticed a bunch more slip ups but people were still good about putting them on when reminded.

correcaminos

None of that weakens immune systems though. So no, not all of us will deal. I can point to many research articles stating otherwise.

dovetail65

That would be stupid, whenever the mask mandates are taken away the numbers go right back up. I HATE MASKS, but it dont change the facts.

It makes no sense at all to take away the indoor mask rule as winter approaches, all one has to do is check the numbers the last two winters. Why would we take mask mandates away when historically we are going into some of the worst months? The last two years the winters were bad, to me it makes sense to keep the masks until we get through winter as it's a win, win.

If we have a bad winter the masks are already on we are doing our best. If we finally have a winter where the numbers are lower the added wearing of mask may very well be the thing to end the mask mandate's from scientific standpoint altogether. We actually need to wear the masks several months while the numbers are low to hammer this thing home as stated by many experts, not relent and let the number go right back up and down like a seesaw.

Worst case we have the winter we had last year just as the masks come off and now we need mask well into 2022, why not go for the best case, wear masks while having a very light Winter of cases(let's hope for that) hammering the dam thing home.

Masks do work:

69% of American support mask mandates, so to say Disney suffers because of the mask rule is wrong. I can easily support evidence that Disney is losing just as many people, probably more, because there is no vaccination rule for all that enter or that potential guests are not booking Disney or wanting to fly until they feel Covid is a non issue and that can be 2 years from now.

None of that weakens immune systems though. So no, not all of us will deal. I can point to many research articles stating otherwise.

The CDC also states: “Using alcohol-based hand sanitizer does not cause antibiotic resistance. ... Alcohol-based hand sanitizers kill germs quick and in a different way than antibiotics. There is no chance for the germs to adapt or develop resistance as backed up by many studies over the lat 50 years. This isn't me it this is Dr. Liu a previous advisor for the CDC saying this stuff.

Also, masks do not weaken our immunity either:

Last edited:

correcaminos

That would be stupid, whenever the mask mandates are taken away the numbers go right back up. I HATE MASKS, but it dont change the facts.

It makes no sense at all to take away the indoor mask rule as winter approaches, all one has to do is check the numbers the last two winters. Why would we take mask mandates away when historically we are going into some of the worst months? The last two years the winters were bad, to me it makes sense to keep the masks until we get through winter as it's a win, win.

If we have a bad winter the masks are already on we are doing our best. If we finally have a winter where the numbers are lower the added wearing of mask may very well be the thing to end the mask mandate's from scientific standpoint altogether. We actually need to wear the masks several months while the numbers are low to hammer this thing home as stated by many experts, not relent and let the number go right back up and down like a seesaw.

Worst case we have the winter we had last year just as the masks come off and now we need mask well into 2022, why not go for the best case, wear masks while having a very light Winter of cases(let's hope for that) hammering the dam thing home.

Masks do work:

69% of American support mask mandates, so to say Disney suffers because of the mask rule is wrong. I can easily support evidence that Disney is losing just as many people, probably more, because there is no vaccination rule for all that enter or that potential guests are not booking Disney or wanting to fly until they feel Covid is a non issue and that can be 2 years from now.

The CDC also states: “Using alcohol-based hand sanitizer does not cause antibiotic resistance. ... Alcohol-based hand sanitizers kill germs quick and in a different way than antibiotics. There is no chance for the germs to adapt or develop resistance as backed up by many studies over the lat 50 years. This isn't me it this is Dr. Liu a previous advisor for the CDC saying this stuff.

I still don't try to over-clean for possible kid allergy reasons and prefer hand washing to santizer but yes!

Trauma

Masks do work:

Well good thing your not in charge.

Tom P.

This is such an absolutely ludicrous discussion specifically with regard to Disney. I'm sorry, but it just is.

Disney has announced that they are bringing back full parades at Walt Disney World for the Christmas season. And remember, Disney does not require masks outdoors, nor do they check vaccination status. So we are going to take thousands and thousands of people, many unvaccinated, and pack them together, with no social distancing, literally shoulder to shoulder, in a confined space for hours without masks, and that's going to be okay. But if you walk from the door of the restaurant to your table, with only your family, you have to have a mask on or its unsafe.

No one can seriously argue that makes sense with a straight face. If Disney thinks parades are safe, then it's time to just drop the mask requirement altogether.

Go ahead. Pile on. Tell me I'm responsible for your grandma dying. That's fine. But I'm not wrong. And Disney's current policy is nonsense.

SingleRider

Before they dropped them for outdoor attractions in August I thought it didn’t make sense that I had to wear a mask driving a Speedway car by myself but could gather in a large crowd for fireworks without masks if I had wanted.

celluloid

Before they dropped them for outdoor attractions in August I thought it didn’t make sense that I had to wear a mask driving a Speedway car by myself but could gather in a large crowd for fireworks without masks if I had wanted.

I did not even think about the speedway.

The Jungle cruise not mandating them baffles me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom