News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trauma

This is such an absolutely ludicrous discussion specifically with regard to Disney. I'm sorry, but it just is.

Disney has announced that they are bringing back full parades at Walt Disney World for the Christmas season. And remember, Disney does not require masks outdoors, nor do they check vaccination status. So we are going to take thousands and thousands of people, many unvaccinated, and pack them together, with no social distancing, literally shoulder to shoulder, in a confined space for hours without masks, and that's going to be okay. But if you walk from the door of the restaurant to your table, with only your family, you have to have a mask on or its unsafe.

No one can seriously argue that makes sense with a straight face. If Disney thinks parades are safe, then it's time to just drop the mask requirement altogether.

Go ahead. Pile on. Tell me I'm responsible for your grandma dying. That's fine. But I'm not wrong. And Disney's current policy is nonsense.
What a stupid post.

Don’t you know you can only catch Covid indoors while not eating or drinking?

You also can’t catch it in the bathrooms or after a theme park ride has started.

You need to stop using common sense and get back in line.

Arrogant ignorant child killer or something like that….

Last edited:

Heelz2315

This is such an absolutely ludicrous discussion specifically with regard to Disney. I'm sorry, but it just is.

Disney has announced that they are bringing back full parades at Walt Disney World for the Christmas season. And remember, Disney does not require masks outdoors, nor do they check vaccination status. So we are going to take thousands and thousands of people, many unvaccinated, and pack them together, with no social distancing, literally shoulder to shoulder, in a confined space for hours without masks, and that's going to be okay. But if you walk from the door of the restaurant to your table, with only your family, you have to have a mask on or its unsafe.

No one can seriously argue that makes sense with a straight face. If Disney thinks parades are safe, then it's time to just drop the mask requirement altogether.

Go ahead. Pile on. Tell me I'm responsible for your grandma dying. That's fine. But I'm not wrong. And Disney's current policy is nonsense.

I'm 100% with you. It's absurd. I can't understand what their reasoning is or what they're waiting on.

you’re free to be wrong. There isn’t a mass “anti-mask” boycott of booking Disney world. It’s far down on the list.
My recent conversation with the corporate office says otherwise. I left feedback today online asking about the policy and what the criteria are for adding/removing mitigation measures; I received a call 3 hours later (something extremely out of the ordinary) and she told a very different picture: guests are cancelling due to masks, especially right now. They are calling people "all day about masks," thanking them for their "patience and still choosing the Walt Disney World resort despite unideal circumstances with masks." She said she literally just got off with a family who cancelled and is going to Niagara falls instead because of the masks.

FWIW, I don't know how much this CM knew about the policy, but she did say that we are "very close to being where most people want them to be."

While I will not visit Walt Disney World in times of high community transmission (regardless of mask policy), I will also not visit in times of low or no community transmission when masks are required. We are approaching that territory right now; if not already reached it.

And unlike some here who refuse to believe masks work, I do believe they work but only in place with other mitigation techniques; which is why I won't visit until cases are low and I can enjoy the parks as I normally would

And I should also mention, for those of you who are passionate, in either direction, should consider emailing WDW with "non-reservation questions" topic selected.

I was told that guest feedback on this matter is instrumental in their decision making regarding this topic.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
About the same as the peoplemover no?
No really. You are in the enclosed building that is space mountain during part of it. And some other areas that are similarly enclosed.
I should be clear though, this is where I see the differentiation. So I’m assuming this is why disney has different rules in place for each. I don’t know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom