The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

waltography

Even compared to Magic Kingdom it’s a disjointed mess.
It's a very simple story, so there's nothing really there to be disjointed in my opinion. 😂 Again, lacking in length and scenes compared to other Pooh rides out there, but it's still a very charming ride in the Fantasyland tradition. I vastly prefer Pooh to Pinocchio.

Brer Panther

Their are some valid criticisms of DL’s Pooh but disjointed?
Moving the flood scene to right after the Blustery Day scene really wasn't a good idea. One minute it's blustery, the next it's suddenly flooding. And then about five seconds later it's not raining and Tigger is bouncing around - shouldn't he be trying to stay dry? Honestly, the Tigger scene feels like an afterthought in the Disneyland version, I don't think the ride vehicles even bounce like in the Magic Kingdom version.

truecoat

About three hours ago I had to go in and light the pilot light on the furnace. I've lived in this house for over 25 years, and usually that's a ceremony that doesn't happen until mid November or later (admittedly, I'm more cold blooded than the average Southern Californian).

But this year I had to light the furnace before Halloween. That's not normal.

By the way, welcome to middle age. As you get older, talking about the weather becomes even more exciting! 🤣

Just replace your AC with a heat pump.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Moving the flood scene to right after the Blustery Day scene really wasn't a good idea. One minute it's blustery, the next it's suddenly flooding. And then about five seconds later it's not raining and Tigger is bouncing around - shouldn't he be trying to stay dry? Honestly, the Tigger scene feels like an afterthought in the Disneyland version, I don't think the ride vehicles even bounce like in the Magic Kingdom version.

You could nitpick like this about pretty much any fantasyland style dark ride.

Rich T

...I vastly prefer Pooh to Pinocchio.
Pinocchio replaced a small movie theater no one cared about. It was built to fit iin with the other Fantasyland Classics.

Pooh murdered the Country Bears and shoehorned a British story into the American South. Cheaply. And the reason this was done was to sell Pooh merch in the adjacent shops.

Pooh is a poorly-executed trashfire with a greed-based origin. Pooh sucks.

Nice queue music loop, though.

mickEblu

Original Poster
The Fantasyland dark rides tend to have buffers to transition between scenes of wildly different emotions. If Snow White was designed like Pooh, after exiting the cottage you'd immediately be inside the Witch's Cottage.

Yeah buffers are better some with the older stuff but I don’t find that to negatively effect the experience on Pooh personally. With that said, the only place Pooh doesn’t have one is between the Blustery and rainy day and I’m not really sure it needs one there.

Snow White is hardly a great example though. I’d say Snow White in it’s current form is much more “disjointed” than Pooh.

Rich T

The Fantasyland dark rides tend to have buffers to transition between scenes of wildly different emotions. If Snow White was designed like Pooh, after exiting the cottage you'd immediately be inside the Witch's Cottage.
Pooh’s last couple of scenes are so hilariously stupid:

“Wake up, Pooh! Wake up! It’s your birthday!!!”

This could have been wonderful if they’d just added one final line for Pooh: “I’m so confused.”

smooch

What the heck is going on with the weather this fall? It's been unseasonably cool, and we've had several bouts of rain in September and early October already! Now today, it's cold and drizzly, with heavier rain about to move in to OC this afternoon. It's like late January, but it's only late October.

Here's the Mattercam just a few minutes ago. This is not Seattle, it's Anaheim. In October???

View attachment 595693
California had some of the most rain in history I believe over the last few days. Here in NorCal outside Sacramento it was storming so hard the last few days I had never seen anything like it, something like 5.5" or so in 24 hours. It went from 90+ degree weather almost halfway through October to some of the heaviest rainfall in history in like 2 weeks or so. Crazy hot to crazy rain. Looks like some of that is reaching SoCal now. But I guess we need to get used to more extreme weather considering global warming, it doesn't just make everywhere hotter all the time it leads to more cases of these extremes in weather.

waltography

California had some of the most rain in history I believe over the last few days. Here in NorCal outside Sacramento it was storming so hard the last few days I had never seen anything like it, something like 5.5" or so in 24 hours. It went from 90+ degree weather almost halfway through October to some of the heaviest rainfall in history in like 2 weeks or so. Crazy hot to crazy rain. Looks like some of that is reaching SoCal now. But I guess we need to get used to more extreme weather considering global warming, it doesn't just make everywhere hotter all the time it leads to more cases of these extremes in weather.
I know the bomb cyclone has been pretty bad especially up north, but I am glad at least it's a sign we're on our way out of fire season. Maybe we have to worry about flooding next, though. 😅

DrAlice

I know the bomb cyclone has been pretty bad especially up north, but I am glad at least it's a sign we're on our way out of fire season. Maybe we have to worry about flooding next, though. 😅
A neighboring community that suffered through wildfire a couple of months ago was evacuated AGAIN during this storm because of the risk of mudslides from the burn scar. Welcome to California. :(

Mac Tonight

Watching the numbers increase on this is my new favorite thing.
Also, for what it's worth, according to the forbidden site, they claim that this petition is being shared by former Imagineers.

And for the record, just incase anyone is planning to chime in with "AkShUaLlY pEtITiOnS dOn'T wOrk..." I fully realize that it will take something far more significant than a bunch of online signatures to enact any real change...

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I fully realize that it will take something far more significant than a bunch of online signatures to enact any real change...
It would require a shareholder revolt. And I don't see that happening.

But if creating an online petition and getting people to sign make some happy because they think they are doing something..... 🤷‍♂️

Californian Elitist

Happy Halloween, everyone. Everyone say safe on this lovely holiday.🎃

Here is one of the favorite costumes ever:

B2844C59-8095-4346-AC01-98A73D2C6337.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom