World Drive Phase-III

Ricky Spanish

CAA149E8-50C3-40F0-AF2F-4B34B707D1D3.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well… they did technically break ground on Reflections…
…correct…but no theme of note.

I can make the case that the last truly “themed” one was DAKL…which matched what was next door.

i suppose pop/AoA…but honestly we thought that was bad when the shovel went into the ground there.

not much since. All add-ons and the awfulness that is “riviera”…it would have been better as caribbean villas…which it is

peter11435

I can make the case that the last truly “themed” one was DAKL…which matched what was next door.

i suppose pop/AoA…but honestly we thought that was bad when the shovel went into the ground there.

not much since. All add-ons and the awfulness that is “riviera”…it would have been better as caribbean villas…which it is
And yet pop/AoA have proven to be exceedingly popular over the years…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And yet pop/AoA have proven to be exceedingly popular over the years…
Aren’t a lot of things in Orlando “popular” based on factors other than their quality/intrinsic value these days?

but pop/AoA are very popular…they serve a need that the management has sold to the hedge fund doesn’t exist…even at much higher price than worth.

ImperfectPixie

I love that there different levels and styles of theming of the resorts...as our boys' grow and mature, so do their tastes, and we can find a resort to suit whatever stage they're at. AS Movies is my boys' favorite because of Toy Story (haven't stayed at AoA yet, and I have a feeling it will either dethrone Movies or be a close 2nd), and will always be special to us because it's the first resort we stayed at with them. The only resort that really makes me go "ew" is Sports...not because sports is the theme, but because it seems like there's far less in the way of "Disney" theming pieces relative to the other value resorts (at least from pictures).

All that being said, their favorite pool is the main pool at Caribbean, and their favorite room so far was a family suite at the Swalphin - can't beat them having their own "room" with a TV! However, we've taken to staying at least one night at Movies on every trip because they've said it doesn't feel like a "real" Disney trip without it.

ETA: I do agree with you on the Riviera though...it's just so "blah" relative to the other resorts.

Phicinfan

Not to set myself up for hunting, but has anyone thought THIS could end up being Reflections? I do believe it was never cancelled, just put on hold, what if WDW just decided they wanted it on the other side of the park? Just sayin....

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not to set myself up for hunting, but has anyone thought THIS could end up being Reflections? I do believe it was never cancelled, just put on hold, what if WDW just decided they wanted it on the other side of the park? Just sayin....
I’m like 99% sure they made the unusual choice to announce “canceled” there…usually they announce a “pause” and then let it rot on the vine

but they seemed to have struggled with “reflections” from the start. Seemed “lost”

do they really need mixed use, lack of coherent themed spots? It reminded me of one of the Loews/Universal hotels…with less inherent amenities/advantages.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

I’m like 99% sure they made the unusual choice to announce “canceled” there…usually they announce a “pause” and then let it rot on the vine

but they seemed to have struggled with “reflections” from the start. Seemed “lost”

do they really need mixed use, lack of coherent themed spots? It reminded me of one of the Loews/Universal hotels…with less inherent amenities/advantages.
To my knowledge Disney never confirmed cancellation. I believe all they formally did was remove any record of it in following announcements. I don't agree with your point of view on Reflections, but hey that isn't new is it? ;)

That being said, I don't get another resort around MK regardless, but then again, I am a huge Wilderness Lodge fan so I don't really stay at other MK resorts anyways.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
To my knowledge Disney never confirmed cancellation. I believe all they formally did was remove any record of it in following announcements. I don't agree with your point of view on Reflections, but hey that isn't new is it? ;)

That being said, I don't get another resort around MK regardless, but then again, I am a huge Wilderness Lodge fan so I don't really stay at other MK resorts anyways.
It just seemed very lukewarm/lost…

as I said on another thread…my impression was they needed an excuse to doze River country and the economy was bugnuts for travel at the time…so they threw something together.

it was mixed used “subdued Marriott” theme in the concept art.

I think it’s dead and I thought they had said that? I might have taken inference as fact. Won’t be the last time 🤔

…I’ll see you in Brazil 👍🏻

But magic kingdom area looks good to investors…they sell it as “unlimited revenues” to the board and vanguard

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

as I said on another thread…my impression was they needed an excuse to doze River country and the economy was bugnuts for travel at the time…so they threw something together.

I think it’s dead and I thought they had said that? I might have taken inference as fact. Won’t be the last time 🤔

…I’ll see you in Brazil 👍🏻

But magic kingdom area looks good to investors…they sell it as “unlimited revenues” to the board and vanguard
I have not been on that side of the world in a while...did they actually fully demo RC or are pieces of it still there?

Phicinfan

I’ll see you in Brazil 👍🏻

😄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom