News Disney KiteTails coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom October 1

ToTBellHop

This happened at Epcot back when it was perfect…
1634307667715.jpeg

Silly is OK sometimes.

BHF

More like KiteFAILS, amirite?
Better late to the party than never. Welcome. 🥳

Hopefully KiteFails dah! I mean KiteTails is part of the chopping block..

Honestly, if the quality is anything like Disharmonious and KiteFails, abbreviated show times might be a blessing.

Disney KiteFails

add something to it... but no... sticks... and Kite Fails.

I instantly thought of a parody of Duck Tails theme. “Kite Fails… Oooo!”

I tried to show my parents footage of the kites (and the kite fails) on Saturday night, and I was laughing so hard I was crying and couldn't breathe.

If you think you have seen bad then you should see kite fails. Its disney yet so bad its a kite fail. The worst show in AK history even though its disney. Kite Fails oh no. Disney really screwed up this time with kite fails oh no.

Dear Prudence

I still cannot believe that the show is this bad and it's still going. 👀 o_O The level of second-hand embarrassment I experience watching that footage.....

GimpYancIent

It is established fact current Disney management will go ahead and present at nauseam what ever (regardless how bad) is green lighted simply to show they can. A rather arrogant attitude. When there is a loss of revenue due to a bad decision then there is movement to correct / upgrade and change.

Casper Gutman

The problem is not that you don't like the show, or even that you have criticisms of it. The problem is that your assertion that anyone who enjoys this is someone who will "like anything" as opposed to the true Disney fan - you.

Disney has never been above simple fun. Sometimes that fits the bill. Not everything is an E-Ticket or at the level of a nighttime spectacular.
This is the highest profile show in Animal Kingdom.

I enjoy the spontaneity and even stupidity of it, but it’s misleading to talk about it as a little, added-value show when entertainment property-wide has been cut to the bone.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
I still cannot believe that the show is this bad and it's still going. 👀 o_O The level of second-hand embarrassment I experience watching that footage.....
For the love of God, stop basing your opinion off of footage and see it in person. It’s still going because it’s a fun, well-received little addition by most of those going to see it in person. If you see it LIVE and still don’t like it that’s fine. It’s your prerogative. But don’t just base opinion off of random Facebook videos and tiktoks..

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
The latest “solution” to guests thinking the kites landing is an accident is a brief sound effect playing as the kites land, which is interesting in theory.

Reports say that the sound effects are thematically inconsistent, and usually a few seconds off time with the kite’s actually landing.
Is this unexpected? It just adds to the greatness of the fail. I really can't wait to see this! It is a cult classic already.

Sir_Cliff

The latest “solution” to guests thinking the kites landing is an accident is a brief sound effect playing as the kites land, which is interesting in theory.

Reports say that the sound effects are thematically inconsistent, and usually a few seconds off time with the kite’s actually landing.
That is hilarious! They should have the characters screaming as they hurtle toward the stands!

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

Kind of genius if not a bit bassackwards. Seems odd to call attention to it but the theory does have some merrit. I do wonder if they can succesfully spin a negative into a positive with that addition. Doubtful but I guess we'll see soon enough.

Better yet, instead of sound effects being played over the speakers why not engage with the audience by having spectators make sound effects? Team Whistle vs Team Splat? Or pull audience members from the stands and have them do a drum roll prior to the sound effect. Anything to make the show more interactive amirite?

Can't believe I'm trying to help Disney save face on this hillariously "bad show"

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom