News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

jpinkc

I would agree with Mulan and Coco for World Showcase...the others I am not too sure about. I wish TDO had the conviction to create original park content.. Like a Germany ride that would not be dependent on existing IP...but something fresh and park specific... Look at what Tokyo Disneyland did with Sinbad for the Arabian Coast section of Tokyo Disney Seas...
You mean like the original Matterhorn ride that was to go next door, or the Mt Fuji Attraction that was to go in Japan.

UNCgolf

This is a festival or private party space between UK and Canada. Sometimes the areas is gated off. You wouldn’t even know it was there unless it’s open. They’ve been using it a lot since Covid.

It's the World Showplace, as I mentioned. It's been used pretty regularly for festivals for years I've just never cared about going in there -- right now they are using it to sell Ratatouille merchandise.

I was merely commenting on how terrible the facade is.

Sir_Cliff

Exactly. That's why I'm skittish riding the 'Teacups'. It freaks me out not knowing when that evil mouse will pop up from the teakettle!
😳
4a65aea8535143e20f240e1fd4d464fd.jpg

aladdin2007

I was thinking just for fun, that instead of another restaurant in France (the creperie) this would have been better off as the main store for Ratatouille. Anyone else think so? Just seems like it would have been so much better fitting, instead of putting all of that into world showplace because they dont have anywhere else to put it. It could have had its own official space right there!

dreday3

I was thinking just for fun, that instead of another restaurant in France (the creperie) this would have been better off as the main store for Ratatouille. Anyone else think so? Just seems like it would have been so much better fitting, instead of putting all of that into world showplace because they dont have anywhere else to put it. It could have had its own official space right there!

Nope. I think a "real" creperie is what was needed. Looking forward to the savory ones....

dreday3

From the Rat VQ thread:

But that doesn't make sense.

If boarding groups were available until 5 the other day- no one can get one if they come after 1?
I would think you can try any-time after 1 and if there are some left, you can get it!

The only thing with hoppers - if Epcot wasn't your scheduled day, that might be an issue.

DCBaker

Premium Member
But that doesn't make sense.

If boarding groups were available until 5 the other day- no one can get one if they come after 1?
I would think you can try any-time after 1 and if there are some left, you can get it!

The only thing with hoppers - if Epcot wasn't your scheduled day, that might be an issue.

If the Virtual Queue does not close within minutes (it did for a couple of days), then all that matters is you tap past the turnstiles to be eligible. I said before 1pm because it is not a guarantee to stay open for lengths of time (it was open until 6:40pm yesterday though!).

If the VQ is open past 2, hoppers are fine once they scan into the park.

dreday3

If the Virtual Queue does not close within minutes (it did for a couple of days), then all that matters is you tap past the turnstiles to be eligible. I said before 1pm because it is not a guarantee to stay open for lengths of time (it was open until 6:40pm yesterday though!).

That makes sense! Thanks! :D

(we won't be arriving until late afternoon our first day, so I was hoping it wasn't true we needed to be there by 1 to even try for it later!)

DCBaker

Premium Member
That makes sense! Thanks! :D

(we won't be arriving until late afternoon our first day, so I was hoping it wasn't true we needed to be there by 1 to even try for it later!)

To clarify, the question was -

If some members of my party are in the park at 1 pm and others plan to meet them there a little later, can the persons in the park book Remy for the entire planning party (even though some are not physically in the park at the time of booking)?

If this member tried at 1pm to join, but other guests meeting him later have not yet scanned into the park, they wouldn't be eligible to join his group. However, if he waited until they showed up and the VQ was still open, then yes - however, it is not a guarantee.

moorish

Has the hoppers part been confirmed anywhere by someone who has done it? I saw on another forum someone saying they hopped to Epcot on Monday and were not able to join even though the VQ was still open as DME said the people in their group weren't eligible.

NewToFL

Today was my first time at Epcot! I was fortunate enough to get a boarding group for Remy's Ratatouille ride, but let me just say that I am glad I did not physically wait in line for that ride for any longer than 30 minutes. Overall quite a boring, incredibly brief, and all too familiar of a ride with the silly 3D glasses and the occasional water splashed into your face gimmick. I am not the biggest fan of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad, but even that ride is more adventurous, more bouncy, and with some tangible story to follow.

There has to be something more right? The future of rides should not be regressing in creativity, variety, and allure. I told my family that for as ancient as the ride in the golf ball is, it is more thought provoking, and entertaining than anything Remy has to offer.

A total let down for me.

SplashJacket

There has to be something more right? The future of rides should not be regressing in creativity, variety, and allure. I told my family that for as ancient as the ride in the golf ball is, it is more thought provoking, and entertaining than anything Remy has to offer.
The ride is by no means new. It’s an exact clone of Paris’s rat, so it’s not exactly the future of rides, more like a decade’s ago ride.

As for not being through-provoking, I don’t think we’ve had a thought-provoking addition to a Disney park this century. Pick basically any of Epcot’s original attractions and you get thought provoking, but really no new attractions.

As for the future of rides, it’s probably closer to Rise than Rat.

castlecake2.0

It looks like they’re renovating one of the shops Plume et Palette, Im assuming to be the rat store. Would have made more sense to have the exit through Allé with the merch there but I think @marni1971 explained why that wasn’t feasible

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The ride is by no means new. It’s an exact clone of Paris’s rat, so it’s not exactly the future of rides, more like a decade’s ago ride.

As for not being through-provoking, I don’t think we’ve had a thought-provoking addition to a Disney park this century. Pick basically any of Epcot’s original attractions and you get thought provoking, but really no new attractions.

As for the future of rides, it’s probably closer to Rise than Rat.
Pooh's ride certainly engendered a generation of debate concerning food addiction and First World angst over control of world supply of nutrition causing deep anxiety and fitful sleep.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom