Anyone dislike the volggers content?

Goofyernmost

Everyone is dug in…

I wish he would have laid a little bit low for a bit longer.
Just amusement parks. But I won’t convince anyone
I've stopped trying to convince anyone of anything. Monday I get my Pfizer #3, and I use my mask (paper) every public place I go. I know I can still catch it, but I have done everything I can, short of a sealed bubble, to stop myself from dying at least. The result of that is that I don't give a tinkers damn about what others do or don't do.

For me it is just do what I need to do to help save myself and the people I love and nothing else. This will end eventually even if none of us did anything about it. The question is how many of us will there still be.

Sorry, go back on topic now!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chip Chipperson

That mask is a knockoff and does not meet minimum standards. Therefore his at home mask wearing was useless. And, of course, this type of behavior amplifies the problem because he doesn't really follow the recommended guidelines. He may have the best of intentions but since we're dealing with a highly contagious disease, it's best to be extra cautious. The fact that he became infected is evidence that his previous precautions were inadequate. And yet, he's going right back to his previous pattern of behavior.

Were you in his home inspecting his masks? He managed to not spread it to his wife or kid so I don't see how you can call his mask wearing useless. I'm not sure what you'd want him to change. He's fully vaccinated, is more than a week past his negative test, and is still taking precautions in public. If anything, the odds of him spreading the virus were lower than they were for anyone else in the park yesterday since he knew for a fact that he was no longer positive. Anyone else there who hadn't taken a test is just assuming they don't have it, so unless you're holding everyone to the standard of isolating at home until the pandemic is over then you can't single him out.

Chip Chipperson

Annnnnnnnyway..........

Kyle Pallo used to be charming when he first started but now he is just totally obnoxious. He has been on three (3) cruises since the end of pandemic restrictions, and he apparently has not paid for a single one of them. His followers donate them, or something. Also, now, apparently his fans are donating all sorts of hotel stays for him. Why?!? And he spends entire videos opening up presents he gets from his fans. Why are people sending him stuff??

(And his friend Jojo is even more obnoxious.)

I'll never understand the impulse to send gifts to vloggers. They already make money off the ads I watch before and during their videos. Isn't that enough?

BHF

I'll never understand the impulse to send gifts to vloggers. They already make money off the ads I watch before and during their videos. Isn't that enough?
What's even more heartbreaking is when you scroll through the comments and see posts like "I'm living vicariously through you." or "I'm living vicariously through your videos." Which probably explains a lot of the people sending in gifts or donations. To me there's nothing sadder than having ones own life so done or diluted that you need others to "live through" or make you feel alive. I've watched vloggers plenty, but it should be done for entertainment or education on the topic they're presenting. But to live vicariously through them is a whole new level of heartbreaking.
There are always exceptions to the rule of course. If you're an elderly person or have a health condition that prohibits you from writing your own life story, at least in the travel dept., and vloggers are the only window to the outside world, I totally understand. But for a person who uses these people as the crux of their life by choice... stop and go out writing your own story.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What's even more heartbreaking is when you scroll through the comments and see posts like "I'm living vicariously through you." or "I'm living vicariously through your videos." Which probably explains a lot of the people sending in gifts or donations. To me there's nothing sadder than having ones own life so done or diluted that you need others to "live through" or make you feel alive. I've watched vloggers plenty, but it should be done for entertainment or education on the topic they're presenting. But to live vicariously through them is a whole new level of heartbreaking.
There are always exceptions to the rule of course. If you're an elderly person or have a health condition that prohibits you from writing your own life story, at least in the travel dept., and vloggers are the only window to the outside world, I totally understand. But for a person who uses these people as the crux of their life by choice... stop and go out writing your own story.
lol…I agree with you…but we’re on a Disney site…

the fundamental psychology here is we’re ALL living vicariously through people in parks. Look what’s going at this exact day/moment?

Phil12

With the advent of these new 75", 85" and 86" television sets, it's now rather easy to visit the parks vicariously and learn some tips. Of course you have to use a good free ad blocker to keep the commercials at bay. But then you can use your computer or phone and cast the vlogs to your TV. You can even edit the vlogs to cut out the sections that don't interest you.

The information provided by the various vloggers is useless but if they're using a decent camera you can get some great views of the parks, fireworks and attractions. For example, once you view Na'vi River Journey on YouTube you realize it's definitely not worth the wait to stand in the queue at Animal Kingdom so you can plan to skip that attraction on your next visit. Ditto for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, unless the force has caused you to be be a fan of space soap operas.

By watching this at home you avoid the harsh and depleting heat and humidity. But if you enjoy that sort of thing you can watch some videos of the Skyliner on your big screen TV and turn on four or five space heaters while simultaneously turning off the A/C in your home. Then just crank up a hot air humidifier and turn on several high powered spotlights to simulate the sun and you are there!

You can fill up your lifetime refill mug with Coke, put some popcorn in one of your old WDW souvenir tubs and enjoy the fireworks show from the safety and comfort of your home. If you have a good sub-woofer, turn up the volume and it's just like being there except you don't have to deal with any women named Karen nor stand in long lines waiting to get out of the park and catch transportation back to your resort.

And, of course, if you have to go to the bathroom or refill your lifetime mug with beer, you can just pause the action and take care of business. And don't forget you can mute the vloggers. In real life it would be rude to ignore them but in the virtual world you can edit their silly talk out!

And in the age of COVID-19, you don't have to risk getting infected by a fellow guest who insists they are wearing a KN-95 mask when it's obvious that what they're wearing is actually a cheap knockoff. That alone is reason enough to engage in vicarious virtual visits!

wutisgood

YouTube is niche content creation specialized to my liking. For something like amusement parks it is the greatest creation for content ever. For things like conspiracy rabbit holes of misinformation it is a terrible thing.

For people like Tim I really don't care about his kid and as a single person I would rather watch some other people like PC dev who just focus on the parks but I understand how people who grow up watching him and have kids now would care about his perspective on having a kid. Content creators adapt.

That being said there are too many people trying to be YouTube vloggers The content is already there and pretty saturated.these people who are motivated need to go I to sales at a mediocre company. They would make more money.

FutureCEO

I was watching someone youtubing while watching a little ResortTV1 and the guy almost ran this couple over not looking where he was going.

Jrb1979

YouTube is niche content creation specialized to my liking. For something like amusement parks it is the greatest creation for content ever. For things like conspiracy rabbit holes of misinformation it is a terrible thing.

For people like Tim I really don't care about his kid and as a single person I would rather watch some other people like PC dev who just focus on the parks but I understand how people who grow up watching him and have kids now would care about his perspective on having a kid. Content creators adapt.

That being said there are too many people trying to be YouTube vloggers The content is already there and pretty saturated.these people who are motivated need to go I to sales at a mediocre company. They would make more money.
Agreed. IMO it's that there is too many Disney vloggers. I rarely watch them. Coaster Studios is 1 I like better. He does a lot of amusement parks other then Disney. He does quite a few construction tours of new attractions coming.

Tom P.

I've stopped trying to convince anyone of anything. Monday I get my Pfizer #3, and I use my mask (paper) every public place I go. I know I can still catch it, but I have done everything I can, short of a sealed bubble, to stop myself from dying at least. The result of that is that I don't give a tinkers damn about what others do or don't do.

I am angry at people that think that their GED or their favorite talking heads are smarter then people with doctorates in this type of thing. They gamble with their own lives (which I couldn't possibly care less about) and their children (which I care about with all my heart). I am angry because they are responsible for us still being in this at this point in time. Associating taking precautions to protect their families with being "patriotic" is probable the largest pile of BS that ever hit the planet. I guess it is that popular Freedom to die part of the Bill of Rights.

For me it is just do what I need to do to help save myself and the people I love and nothing else. This will end eventually even if none of us did anything about it. The question is how many of us will there still be.

Sorry, go back on topic now!
I disagree with virtually everything you said in that post, but I have to reply to give you kudos for the correct use of "couldn't care less" instead of "could care less." Well done, sir!

BHF

I watched Adam the Woo's vlog from MK yesterday for the 50th kickoff. It was awkward and hilarious at the same time, all the mobs of people crammed around the castle at rope drop for a grand, 50th anniversary welcome of... basically nothing. Just the regular morning show. Adam and his friends starting the wave seemed more festive. 😂

DisneyNorthFan

I don't get the hate for the vloggers. Everyone is different, and what one person enjoys, another won't. And that's fine. Clearly there's an audience for it. It's a creative outlet, or living, for the creators. I watched the Bill Maher video ... and I get it's humor ... but my takeaway from all the hate is a level of jealousy. There's better production value for his show, but other than that, he's just another content creator. It's not a career I'm cut out for ... sometimes I wish I was ... so maybe I'm just a bit jealous, but I definitely don't have the hate.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't get the hate for the vloggers. Everyone is different, and what one person enjoys, another won't. And that's fine. Clearly there's an audience for it. It's a creative outlet, or living, for the creators. I watched the Bill Maher video ... and I get it's humor ... but my takeaway from all the hate is a level of jealousy. There's better production value for his show, but other than that, he's just another content creator. It's not a career I'm cut out for ... sometimes I wish I was ... so maybe I'm just a bit jealous, but I definitely don't have the hate.
That’s his schtick…while politically almost common sense…

socially he hates everything people do.

except smoke weed…which he has claimed is the cure all for everything for 30 years…

…and he’s skinny…and he’ll live forever because the ONLY reason anyone gets sick is because they’re fat and/or occasionally eat food with fat or sugar

case solved

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom