The Imaginarium - Discussion Thread

tcool123

Original Poster
At Magic Kingdom today with the family. Got here at 6 AM, Big Top Souvenirs was at capacity already; praying we can get a virtual queue spot.

Waited 20 minutes to get into the Vault Collection; picked up a cap and some pins. Rode Pooh, Peter Pan, Mermaid Twice, Haunted Mansion, Hall of Presidents, and currently waiting for the 50th Cavalcade.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
At Magic Kingdom today with the family. Got here at 6 AM, Big Top Souvenirs was at capacity already; praying we can get a virtual queue spot.

Waited 20 minutes to get into the Vault Collection; picked up a cap and some pins. Rode Pooh, Peter Pan, Mermaid Twice, Haunted Mansion, Hall of Presidents, and currently waiting for the 50th Cavalcade.
Have fun! Remember, YOU are the magic!!!

(cue horns section)

glitter-surprise.gif

🤣

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster

Afterwards had brunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe, Pirates of the Carribbean, Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, Thunder Mountain, the Liberty Belle, changed out my annual pass with the special 50th one, staked out a spot for Enchanted at 5 PM, mobile ordered Columbia Harbor House, watched Enchantment , it’s a small world, Buzz Lightyear, Peoplemover.

In my opinion Enchantment was really good to me it was a modern iteration of Wishes however its not as great as HEA or Wishes but it isnt a bad show imo. I thought it was very epic, and left my mouth agape a lot.

Tomorrow: Epcot!

tcool123

Original Poster
Afterwards had brunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe, Pirates of the Carribbean, Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, Thunder Mountain, the Liberty Belle, changed out my annual pass with the special 50th one, staked out a spot for Enchanted at 5 PM, mobile ordered Columbia Harbor House, watched Enchantment , it’s a small world, Buzz Lightyear, Peoplemover.

In my opinion Enchantment was really good to me it was a modern iteration of Wishes however its not as great as HEA or Wishes but it isnt a bad show imo. I thought it was very epic, and left my mouth agape a lot.

Tomorrow: Epcot!
So finished at Epcot!

Forgot Epcot opened at 9 am today so we pulled up late and that threw off our day. We now showed up at 1030ish, and had breakfast at the food and wine world discovery booths. I had the sriracha chicken donut, and it was amazing! Afterwards we made our way to Ratatouille and was able to ride the ride; best part wheelchairs can roll in to a special car! Love accessibility for these rides meant for everyone.

Afterwards we had lunch at Mexico on the water overlooking the Gran Fiesta Tour boats float by. My table spilt the chips and salsa alongside the queso fundido, my entree was the enchiladas de pollo con platano maduros. Estaban bien pero no estaban muy picante. For dessert we got the 50th anniversary chocolate pyramid!

76B480DC-0EAF-4F78-88DF-2E1AF31AD769.jpeg

Terrible quatro leches not even sure I could call it un leche ☠️ With that said the sweet corn ice cream was very enjoyable, and the chocolate mousse in the inside was amazing. Definitely a mixed bag for desserts.

tcool123

Original Poster
So finished at Epcot!

Forgot Epcot opened at 9 am today so we pulled up late and that threw off our day. We now showed up at 1030ish, and had breakfast at the food and wine world discovery booths. I had the sriracha chicken donut, and it was amazing! Afterwards we made our way to Ratatouille and was able to ride the ride; best part wheelchairs can roll in to a special car! Love accessibility for these rides meant for everyone.

Afterwards we had lunch at Mexico on the water overlooking the Gran Fiesta Tour boats float by. My table spilt the chips and salsa alongside the queso fundido, my entree was the enchiladas de pollo con platano maduros. Estaban bien pero no estaban muy picante. For dessert we got the 50th anniversary chocolate pyramid!

View attachment 590686

Terrible quatro leches not even sure I could call it un leche ☠️ With that said the sweet corn ice cream was very enjoyable, and the chocolate mousse in the inside was amazing. Definitely a mixed bag for desserts.
Phone died after writing this so rushed to post but let's continue onto the rest of the day! We meandered throughout the World Showcase as my brother (didn't eat an entree at the restaurant) ate around the festival for his lunch. The journey took about 3ish hours, and from there we went to Club Cool! We of course worshipped the best soda flavor of all time, Beverly, as we took many rounds of shots of it until our throats could go no more.

The timefame is now around 6 PM; I went in search of a Fuel Rod to swap mine out. I went to Gateway Gifts where they informed me they're all out for the day; I trekked towards the World Showplace stores where they only were allowing the purchases of new kits, and finally I mean it to International Gateway by the UK. Here is where tragedy struck as I found out there were no more fuel rods left in the park, and me phone was chilling at a crisp 6%. I immediately turned off my phone, and headed out to find my family. Luckily they were camping out for a spot to view Harmonious already, and as they were in the wheelchair section it was rather easy! Now you may be wondering tcool the show is at 9:45 why would you get a spot at around 6 PM? Well people normally like to walk over my dads legs and stand in front of him for shows, so to ensure a good expereince for him we ensured that we got to the handicap viewing area early!

It was a great view we were right in the center allowing us glimpses into the central ring for Harmonious. Now as for the show itself; it is definitely the most technologically advanced show Disney has ever done. With that said the show itself had a really weird pacing with a lot of lulls and some really high points.

From the start I thought the concept of the show was solid, and really fit well into Epcot. However the execution left a lot to be desired.

For starters why was How Far I'll Go also sung in Spanish alongside English and Tagalog (not sure here)? When I heard that I just scratched my head and went okay that's a bit odd but sure Disney you do that.

My next quip is that I felt like there was no like building up to anything we would have a high point followed by a bunch of low soft points with a few sprinklers going off. I personally expecting more fireworks throughout, not a bunch in select intervals of the show. Some parts of the show that left me going huh was Can You Feel the Love Tonight, Out There, Reflection and I Wanna Be Like You are like my big four. I just felt like something was missing from these sections or the song choice was just odd for the show not really meshing well with the rest.

The fact that Someday was the finale song instead of an original theme was a bit sad to see, but at the same time I love seeing Hunchback's soundtrack getting the love it deserves. However the song feels disjointed like why is it so serious when everything has been light and fun? I do think it could have been a beautiful movement, and a great lead into a better overarching song.

Good parts wise I mean the entire Coco segment was outstanding, Mulan's training sequence, Arabian Nights, and the latter half of Someday were all really cool. Especially the barrage of fireworks at the end, but it still felt like it was missing a big oomph at that end.

I prefer Epcot Forever, but will take this over Illuminations any day. I prefer Enchantment over this as well, but why is Ratatouille in Enchantment over Harmonious?

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
From the start I thought the concept of the show was solid, and really fit well into Epcot. However the execution left a lot to be desired.

For starters why was How Far I'll Go also sung in Spanish alongside English and Tagalog (not sure here)? When I heard that I just scratched my head and went okay that's a bit odd but sure Disney you do that.

My next quip is that I felt like there was no like building up to anything we would have a high point followed by a bunch of low soft points with a few sprinklers going off. I personally expecting more fireworks throughout, not a bunch in select intervals of the show. Some parts of the show that left me going huh was Can You Feel the Love Tonight, Out There, Reflection and I Wanna Be Like You are like my big four. I just felt like something was missing from these sections or the song choice was just odd for the show not really meshing well with the rest.

The fact that Someday was the finale song instead of an original theme was a bit sad to see, but at the same time I love seeing Hunchback's soundtrack getting the love it deserves. However the song feels disjointed like why is it so serious when everything has been light and fun? I do think it could have been a beautiful movement, and a great lead into a better overarching song.

Good parts wise I mean the entire Coco segment was outstanding, Mulan's training sequence, Arabian Nights, and the latter half of Someday were all really cool. Especially the barrage of fireworks at the end, but it still felt like it was missing a big oomph at that end.

I prefer Epcot Forever, but will take this over Illuminations any day. I prefer Enchantment over this as well, but why is Ratatouille in Enchantment over Harmonious?
As someone who speaks Tagalog/Filipino, I highly doubt that was included. Besides, we didn't even get a Tagalog/Filipino dub for Moana since a lot of Filipinos can speak very good English. 😉 The theme song from Raya and the Last Dragon (Lead the Way) was the first Disney song to be translated to Tagalog/Filipino.

I heard How Far I'll Go being sung in English, Chinese (the instrumentation clued me in that it was included), and maybe Japanese?

tcool123

Original Poster
As someone who speaks Tagalog/Filipino, I highly doubt that was included. Besides, we didn't even get a Tagalog/Filipino dub for Moana since a lot of Filipinos can speak very good English. 😉 The theme song from Raya and the Last Dragon (Lead the Way) was the first Disney song to be translated to Tagalog/Filipino.

I heard How Far I'll Go being sung in English, Chinese (the instrumentation clued me in that it was included), and maybe Japanese?
Ooopsies my bad! If anything the fact the song was in what four languages (my whole family caught the Spanish part) is odder unless it was meant to be the main theme which just points to the fact Disney needs a main theme more for this show!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom