The Imaginarium - Discussion Thread

JokersWild

Guys, I am like beside myself. I found this video hiding in my subscription box. This is probably significant to no one else but me, but this is a really special surprise. The Blasting Company wrote all of the music for Over the Garden Wall, which is one of my favorite pieces of animation and has what is probably my favorite soundtrack from any piece of media. Van Parks is a solo artist and song writer/ producer who is most well-known for his work with The Beach Boys (and more specifically Brian Wilson,) Randy Newman, and wrote all of the songs for The Brave Little Toaster. Song Cycle, Parks' most (in)famous album, is one of my favorite albums, and is the one album I could never get @TheOriginalTiki into lol. So what we have here is a collaboration between two of my favorite relatively obscure (or, rather, unsung) artists. It's a quiet, pretty piece, but you can absolutely hear both artists' voices and styles coming through, especially in the arrangement.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk. I promise not to gush about obscure musicians again, but I know that there are some Over The Garden Wall fans on here and I was too excited not to share this.

Evilgidgit

SPOILERS! just getting I already saw that lol
Me reacting to the character reveal.

Season 5 Omg GIF by Friends

ThemeParkPriest

Animated GIF

It's been an absolutely insane week for me. I finally got an official date that I start at Port Orleans - Riverside, I have no place to live in Orlando, and I am going between super excited and worried I'm making a giant effin mistake. So that's where I'm at rn.
Hopefully you’re exploring your options…even if it comes down to renting a bedroom in somebody’s house! I got accepted into the WDW College Program as a freshman. Although I think it was right decision for me to not take it, the little know of you, the Port Orleans sounds like it would be right up your alley! And how fun it would be to go to the parks on your days off!

ThemeParkPriest

@danheaton and The Tomorrow Society have put together another great podcast that might be of interest to people on the Imagineering forum. Josh Steadman talks about how he worked his way into Imagineering and went on to work on projects like Shanghai Disneyland:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom