The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Notes from Neverland

Nothing has been ripped from anything, this is literally a brand new tool. You still have all the same options you had in the past, nobody took them away from you. This is additive.
Unfortunately, this isn't true. They took away the social media account where you could report a #CastCompliment and give specific info. Now, it's Guest Services or the app that only allows for vague information.

Disneyson

I know the tendency is to be cynical about everything here. I’ve joined in myself. But if there is something worthwhile, it should be pointed out.
And I understand that. I actually think Harmonious, with some tweaks, could improve. I am withholding judgment on Enchantment until I visit in person. And I kinda like the kites, it reminds me of Old Epcot, though I wish it were a parade. The beacons are gorgeous.

I have personal reasons why I think this is a particularly nasty move by management. If you’d like, I’d be happy to message you privately.

jpinkc

Has any noticed or have an explanation why the lines are so short today in all the parks? Mine train is only 35 minutes. Is this a glitch or is Disney in for a rude awakening?
Its the Battle for Merch day. A friend of my wife is out there and he's sent pics to us and WOW, Mainstreet looks like a parade time and thats been all day. Rides for him and his family have been virtual walk ons. I have to admit that its not what I expected to hear the 50th being like.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Has anyone noticed or have an explanation why the lines are so short today in all the parks? Mine train is only 35 minutes. Is this a glitch or is Disney in for a rude awakening?
Maybe people are beginning to question what they are really trying to celebrate with no real things that appear to reflect homage to the park history

Is the celebration for Disney’s bank account or guests?

hopemax

It’s a weird mix of guests today. More people about “being there” and the merchandise people (resellers and people trying to buy for friends to avoid resellers). The same thing happened on Disneyland’s big anniversaries. Rides empty, everything else a zoo. Plus reservation limits. My Dad wanted to go but couldn’t get a reservation.

the.dreamfinder

I think you are worrying for nothing and reading too much into this. They may be able to use it to provide incentives for CMs in certain areas, if their area does really well. Many companies have similar programs around guest satisfaction. But no one is going to be punished for "lack of complements" which by their nature will be limited in scope. And a little competition, if this is what they are actually doing, is healthy. If anything, it is a reward system.
Compliments are rare in the service industry. You’ll hear, and remember, the small amount of negative feedback you receive from customers. It’s a no brainer for management to celebrate the positive ones to help staff morale.

Last edited:

JohnD

And I understand that. I actually think Harmonious, with some tweaks, could improve. I am withholding judgment on Enchantment until I visit in person. And I kinda like the kites, it reminds me of Old Epcot, though I wish it were a parade. The beacons are gorgeous.

I have personal reasons why I think this is a particularly nasty move by management. If you’d like, I’d be happy to message you privately.
Yeah. I saw the video of Enchantment last night. I thought, while good, not as good as HEA and also reserving judgment until I see it in person tonight. Same with Harmonious but that seems to have a higher bar for me. As for Kites, my expectation is like a calvacade to see during a break. Not a major show. So I don’t expect to be disappointed when I’m in AK on Monday.

Figments Friend

Lots to report...will keep it short as there is no wifi in the Park and I can't post regularly while here.
Currently sitting in the lobby of the Contemporary for a break from the sun and crowds.
Just overhearing guests talking to themselves and seeing the leads and managers being complained to by guests, i get the feeling things got ugly earlier.
There is a woman really giving a passionate complaint to a Park rep right now next to me in the lobby....emotional complaining , but not a 'Karen'.
She's being polite about it...but obviously very upset.

Wow....what did I miss?
Heading back into the Park now.....

Heard by some Guests on the monorail there were fights at the Emporium this morning for the limited merch.
Glad I missed that.....

Merch lines sitil as long as they were this morning....well, the Emporium one is a little shorter.
The frenzy of flippers and hoarders I have witnessed so far today has been disturbing.

I'll have more to say later.
Lots of observations.
Major one I'll note right now -

It is clear that for most people here today the biggest desire is to just buy stuff.
Forget experiencing the moment.
Disney surely knows this.....and it makes me sad on a day like today.

There should have been some kind of special ceremony or entertainment offering today.
Kudos to Cast however for putting up with some of the dissapointed Guests.

Heading back into the Park now....

Congrats to the TWO fans who came by to get some of my free art postcards!
Hope you both are having a great time tonight!
✨😃✨

P.S. - Really dig the freshly re-designed lobby here at the Comtemporary.
Even cooler in person.

-

Last edited:

Skywise

McDonald's won't do glasses again due to the 'lead paint' scare related to one of their glasses promotions in the past.
I talked about this earlier in the thread....but for those that missed it :

A few years back they did a 'Shrek' sequel promotion ( i think it was 'Shrek the Third' ) and issued a set of glasses.
At the time, there was a lot of debate in the media about lead paint on toys and other products and a lot of recalls were happening.
McDonald's released the glasses during this period, and within one week they pulled them....never to be sold again.

Unless they issue plastic cups, or figure out some way to print designs on glass without using 'lead paint' then i doubt we will see any collectible glasses for this promotion.

-
Sorry - just now saw this response. That was an earlier scare as well back in the late 70s and why Welch's stopped making jelly glass jars with cartoon characters on them (because of the lead paint) - I had thought that in the 80s they had figured out a new process tha was safer and could reintroduce them.

The Shrek glass incident I believe was a "fluke" of sorts from a supplier that tried to go on the cheap.

JohnD

Its the Battle for Merch day. A friend of my wife is out there and he's sent pics to us and WOW, Mainstreet looks like a parade time and thats been all day. Rides for him and his family have been virtual walk ons. I have to admit that its not what I expected to hear the 50th being like.
I am SO glad I visited all the Disney stores at DS last night. I’m saner as a result. Now I’m enjoying a quiet meal at Whispering Canyon before my return to MK tonight (not a hopper. My original park reservation.)

Disneyson

Compliments are rare in the service industry. You’ll hear, and remember, the small amount of negative feedback you receive from customers. It’s a no brainer for management to celebrate them to help staff morale.
I simply don’t understand how a compliment can be celebrated by management if there is no indication of who or what did the thing other than as an impersonal metric.

WDWBryan

74666764_0bb5bc728b_b.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom