News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

SWGalaxys_Edge

I suppose they could have a screen at the front of the passenger compartment that acts as a 'window' into the front of the craft, showing the driver and his view out the front window.
you mean like this...?

1632506421965.png

sedati

It actually would be cool to have a themed driver.
And it’s been confirmed hasn’t it? A female RX droid.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"General bookings for this immersive adventure in a galaxy far, far away will open less than one month from now, on Oct. 28, 2021."

LovePop

Finally! GS reopening on March 1 and booking on Oct 28!
2 possibilities:
A. GS will be fully booked on Oct 28 or soon after, at least for the first few months, if not for the entire year.
B. Not A.

My money is on B because, to summarize what I've said in the past:
1. There are not that many people who can afford 3K per night;
1.5 There are not that many people who can afford 3K per night but is willing to give up the 3 bedroom grand villa at a Disney deluxe in exchange for a standard sized room with no pool for the same money;
2. There are not that many people who like sequel SW role playing so much that they want to do it for 2 days straight;
2.5 There are not that many people who want the prison-like covid lockdown experience to be stuck inside with no window anywhere for 2 full days and not be allowed to go outside except for the regimented 4 hour Batuu visit.
3. There are not that many sequel SW fans whose family members are also all sequel SW fans as well and want to be in this thing and skip Magic Kingdom;
4. There are not that many Disney fans who has the time and energy to spend 2 nights and exactly 2 nights at one hotel and then move somewhere else -- that is, bother with the split stay;
5. No jogging outside or exercising equipment inside or landscaping or pool.

I will be very impressed to find A to be true, and especially if it persists. Because when I first tried to book a trip for October, a few months back, there was not a room left. But now, there is all kinds of availability. So, I'm imagining this guy who takes the money out of his kids' college fund to book GS, only to feel buyers remorse later and put the money back.

I don't want to stay there, but I'm interested in visiting and eating an expensive meal there, like with Space 220. Hopefully, Disney will open that Crown of Something dining room for a fixed course breakfast to outside guests during the Batuu visit of hotel guests. (Fixed course so that they can get people out of there in time).

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Finally! GS reopening on March 1 and booking on Oct 28!
2 possibilities:
A. GS will be fully booked on Oct 28 or soon after, at least for the first few months, if not for the entire year.
B. Not A.

My money is on B because, to summarize what I've said in the past:
1. There are not that many people who can afford 3K per night;
1.5 There are not that many people who can afford 3K per night but is willing to give up the 3 bedroom grand villa at a Disney deluxe in exchange for a standard sized room with no pool for the same money;
2. There are not that many people who like sequel SW role playing so much that they want to do it for 2 days straight;
2.5 There are not that many people who want the prison-like covid lockdown experience to be stuck inside with no window anywhere for 2 full days and not be allowed to go outside except for the regimented 4 hour Batuu visit.
3. There are not that many sequel SW fans whose family members are also all sequel SW fans as well and want to be in this thing and skip Magic Kingdom;
4. There are not that many Disney fans who has the time and energy to spend 2 nights and exactly 2 nights at one hotel and then move somewhere else -- that is, bother with the split stay;
5. No jogging outside or exercising equipment inside or landscaping or pool.

I will be very impressed to find A to be true, and especially if it persists. Because when I first tried to book a trip for October, a few months back, there was not a room left. But now, there is all kinds of availability. So, I'm imagining this guy who takes the money out of his kids' college fund to book GS, only to feel buyers remorse later and put the money back.

I don't want to stay there, but I'm interested in visiting and eating an expensive meal there, like with Space 220. Hopefully, Disney will open that Crown of Something dining room for a fixed course breakfast to outside guests during the Batuu visit of hotel guests. (Fixed course so that they can get people out of there in time).

... but it only takes about 1/10 of 1 percent of the total WDW attendance in an average year to fill the hotel, so even with all those "not that many's" there may still be enough to fill the hotel.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
From an AP email I just received for an early booking window -

"Active Annual Passholders can be among the first to book and experience Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser. Take advantage of this opportunity to book during a special pre-sale window 10/7–10/9 for voyages 3/1–5/4. Limited availability."

pdude81

"Active Annual Passholders can be among the first to book and experience Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser. Take advantage of this opportunity to book during a special pre-sale window 10/7–10/9 for voyages 3/1–5/4. Limited availability."
I got a similar DVC email though I didn't get the AP one. They are giving us the right to be the crash test dummies. Unless, of course, the price is somehow less early on. I suspect it won't be

I didn’t get an email despite being AP and DVC (which is typical). Did it say if you book online or call?

Hcalvert

Darn. I just want to book it for early June for my dad, husband, and brother.

corran horn

no, not "right next to" and there is no walking - its back stage to GE so that will not be happening.
Top is the Galactic Starcruiser, bottom is Galaxy's Edge.

View attachment 588721
Well, in that shot (which maybe is old unless they are still doing it) you can see that backstage is used for SR overflow (at least in covid times) - it's that large group of people backstage right above the bottom yellow arrow.

When I was in it it was ringed by merch container trailers and greenery a little.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom